Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whitmore

Started by kingoftherapids, March 13, 2017, 05:26:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingoftherapids

deserves his own thread. talking to a local sports writer who has covered OP for 40 years, he is the best local based sprinter in at least the last two decades. can't say i disagree. for you bsf lovers, he earned a 104 for saturday's romp.

userpick

And like Serling said, he's being managed incompetently. No reason whatsoever to be running in the count fleet.

kingoftherapids

i dont understand. no reason to run in the count fleet? i can see why he would say that about the 2016 season and not figuring out he is a stone cold sprinter, but his last two starts are ridiculously fast. 7f/ mile should hit him right between the eyes come november if he says healthy.

hogoffate

Serling probably wants him to be in the  400K Carter on 4/8 at 7f at Aqueduct.  Where else could/should he go if he's not going to the Count Fleet or Carter.
Serling does work for NYRA so there is some conflict of interest there.

kingoftherapids

sterling has little man syndrome for sure. always comes off as a little punk when people don't agree with him. he got his taste of whitmore in December at aqu. when you run that fast twice in a row that easily, and you have a graded 400k race at OP which is the trainer's home track and track in which the colt has dominated, you stay at home. it would be mismanagment to send him somewhere other than the count fleet i would think. just looked up sterling's reasoning. carter is a grade 1 and count fleet is g3... he says "the count fleet is meaningless"

what a punk. he will get a grade 1 if he keeps sprinting this way... honestly does it matter a whole lot? a graded stakes winner is a graded stakes winner.  i get a grade 1 winner is the highest honor but what in the world would it matter to a GELDING. he isn't needing a resume builder before he goes to stud.

userpick

I had no idea he was a gelding so you're right it doesn't matter. Carry on.

cbhawg03

Count Fleet then Met Mile.  Sad part is, I think he wins Met Mile but won't get odds warranting a bet cause Jose will jump aboard for Met Mile. Whitmore wins Met Mile then since his trainer is a goon, he will think he can run a distance of ground since he can get a mile and will try a 2 turn Grade 1 handicap at 9 or 10 furlongs and we won't see Whitmore again until 2018 OP meet. 

That goon, Moquett's horses run well in Smarty Jones and Southwest then fall apart or maybe get a piece in Rebel or AR Derby but never have any success cause they aren't true 2 turn horses. 

I think Petrov is the 2nd coming of Whitmore.  Petrov had no shot in Smarty Jones chasing loose leader but he just have punch in the stretch that he would have going 1 turn. 

kingoftherapids

That run in the southwest was absolutely huge.  Like Ron or not.  That horse ran giant that day.  Question is can he back it up this weekend

userpick

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 13, 2017, 10:43:46 pm
That run in the southwest was absolutely huge.  Like Ron or not.  That horse ran giant that day.  Question is can he back it up this weekend

Different level of competition this week. Malagacy, royal Mo, AA....if Petrov hits the board he's a nice horse. I made a big place and show bet on him in the southwest. That price was great.

holeinthewall

Quote from: userpick on March 14, 2017, 08:21:29 am
Different level of competition this week. Malagacy, royal Mo, AA....if Petrov hits the board he's a nice horse. I made a big place and show bet on him in the southwest. That price was great.

I have been picking my spots with show tickets this year and been tracking it on my account. I am plus $600 for the meet.  The payouts are good almost every race and I have no problem betting $200 to bet back $380.. I bet Jackson Hill Saturday.  Looked like the speed of the race he broke and led into the stretch finished 3rd clear by almost 3 lengths.   I will take that every day.  I also avoid any horse where the pool looks like less than $3.  I wonder how many people loaded up on I be Jeannie or whatever it was called Sunday at 3/5 and lost. 

userpick

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 14, 2017, 08:59:11 am
I have been picking my spots with show tickets this year and been tracking it on my account. I am plus $600 for the meet.  The payouts are good almost every race and I have no problem betting $200 to bet back $380.. I bet Jackson Hill Saturday.  Looked like the speed of the race he broke and led into the stretch finished 3rd clear by almost 3 lengths.   I will take that every day.  I also avoid any horse where the pool looks like less than $3.  I wonder how many people loaded up on I be Jeannie or whatever it was called Sunday at 3/5 and lost. 

That race just goes to show you, that no one knows with Arky Breds. Hindsight is 20/20 but I bet the connections are now wishing she had waited for the Rainbow Miss, as her previous race appears to have taken a toll on her.

kingoftherapids

just singled the ever living daylights out of a pick 4 at will rogers. greg compton and ty kennedy went up there for one race. 6/5 ill take it lol

holeinthewall

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 14, 2017, 01:39:10 pm
just singled the ever living daylights out of a pick 4 at will rogers. greg compton and ty kennedy went up there for one race. 6/5 ill take it lol

Take down that 1K pool.   LOL

I am laughing because one day at Hoosier I had a P4 with the last leg singled.  Well the P3 on the first 3 legs had about $1500 in the pool and no one hit it and paid on 2of 3 as I didn't play a P3... I would have taken the pot on a cheap ass ticket.  Then my single loses but someone had the P4.  Figure that one out. I was pissed.

kingoftherapids

lol
Quote from: holeinthewall on March 14, 2017, 03:35:55 pm
Take down that 1K pool.   LOL

I am laughing because one day at Hoosier I had a P4 with the last leg singled.  Well the P3 on the first 3 legs had about $1500 in the pool and no one hit it and paid on 2of 3 as I didn't play a P3... I would have taken the pot on a cheap ass ticket.  Then my single loses but someone had the P4.  Figure that one out. I was pissed.

not far off from 1000. a little over 8k in the pool. i had a 5 dollar pick 4, singles in the first 2 legs and 2 and 3 deep in the last two legs. lol so not a great return but 280 off 30 dollar wager so could have been worse

holeinthewall

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 14, 2017, 11:50:17 pm
lol not far off from 1000. a little over 8k in the pool. i had a 5 dollar pick 4, singles in the first 2 legs and 2 and 3 deep in the last two legs. lol so not a great return but 280 off 30 dollar wager so could have been worse

I will take that all day.  I haven't played Will Rogers lately but not a bad pool for that track on a Tuesday.  A lot of players don't realize the payouts you can get in some of these small pools that lack the big bettors going after it with large tickets.