Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Santa Anita Pick 5

Started by oldman1015, March 06, 2017, 10:28:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

oldman1015

Played the pick 5 yesterday. Both guys on TVG had a single in the 4th leg. I had it and a first time starter with a ticket cost of $40. Since they both singled the favorite I cut the first time starter and saved $20. That smart move only cost me $10,909.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

userpick

I watch tvg daily and the only two people I will ever listen to are Lo Duca and Caleb Keller. I was at Saratoga last summer and was at a bar near the track and Caleb Keller was in a corner by himself studying the next days racing form. That guy is sharp and does his homework.

userpick

That being said, I will never listen to Simon Bray or Carothers.

ghostzapper

I threw $600 into it and hit it.  Payoff was better than it should have been because of the size of pool. That hit, and a 20 cent super in first race at op on Saturday made for a good weekend.

holeinthewall

I wish the TVG announcers would shut up and just the tracks as the come up in order. WTH they feel the need to show short fields at Laurel and Golden Gate over full fields elsewhere is beyond me.   

ghostzapper

Not sure why they have a TVG 2.

holeinthewall

Quote from: ghostzapper on March 07, 2017, 06:36:31 am
Not sure why they have a TVG 2.

Direct doesn't carry it so does me no good.

kingoftherapids

if it weren't for tvg 2 i wouldnt have about 90 percent of oaklawn's races. granted im like 5 minutes from the tote machine at the track so im almost always on track.

holeinthewall

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 07, 2017, 01:24:10 pm
if it weren't for tvg 2 i wouldnt have about 90 percent of oaklawn's races. granted im like 5 minutes from the tote machine at the track so im almost always on track.

I'll sit out by the pool watching TVG and when it is about time for Oakalwn I will wager and watch on my phone.   If Oaklawn offered a happy hour or something on beer I would go more.

BTW anyone want to give me a handicapping lesson at Santa Anita?  I haven't played there much in years just seem to always be on the wrong horse. Although I have  hit small P6 at both Santa Anita and Golden Gate in the past. 

QuoteI threw $600 into it and hit it.  Payoff was better than it should have been because of the size of pool. That hit, and a 20 cent super in first race at op on Saturday made for a good weekend.

Very nice hit. I could throw $600 in it and go 3 of 5 I am so bad there. I used to be able to kill at Churchill but the small fields the last few years have been awful to play into.

ghostzapper

Thanks.  I don't typically put that much in a pick 5.  Usually, if I go big and hit, five consecutive 3/5 shots will win.