Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oaklawn stewards

Started by kingoftherapids, March 02, 2017, 05:00:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingoftherapids

if a horse wins a nose but carries a horse 5 paths into the center of the race track, should he come down?

HawgWild

ricepig

Depends which one my money is on......

Horse racer

You don't see a lot of horses taken down at OP. Been that way several years

holeinthewall

I am in the minority but just like in all other forms of racing I think blocking should be allowed as long as you don't knock the horse down I have no problem sliding out, blocking to win.  I hate DQ.   It is a freaking horse some things the jockey can control somethings they can't.

userpick

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 03, 2017, 07:20:46 am
I am in the minority but just like in all other forms of racing I think blocking should be allowed as long as you don't knock the horse down I have no problem sliding out, blocking to win.  I hate DQ.   It is a freaking horse some things the jockey can control somethings they can't.

Only problem with this is if you encourage blocking you're basically encouraging horses to touch which could be very bad.

Dropkick

Off topic but anybody like anything special  at OP today?

kingoftherapids

dangerous. uninsured 110 pound sons, fathers, and brothers running around a track on 1200 pound animals with twigs as legs.

oldman1015

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 03, 2017, 09:12:59 am
dangerous. uninsured 110 pound sons, fathers, and brothers running around a track on 1200 pound animals with twigs as legs.
yep, it aint nascar
Arkansas, the left lane state.

holeinthewall

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 03, 2017, 09:12:59 am

I get that but I don't like you can't angle a horse out without touching another horse to make him alter course. The worst part is it isn't xonsistent between jurisdictions.   

HawgWild

Here's the first race I thought of when I read this post, the 1980 Preakness. Codex, ridden by Angel Corderro, "floats" Genuine Risk 5 wide coming into the stretch. His number did not come down though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0iFI7aLsQY

kingoftherapids

hogoffate

Off the video, I would have voted to take him down.  First bump was more severe.  Seems "herding" is not taken too serious. It is a strategy if they can get away with it.

kingoftherapids

the first bump was enough for me. i thought for sure he was coming down. i thought the second push out was icing on the cake. if he wins by a length or more i would have been worried that he the objection would have been disallowed. when they said no change i about came unglued. userpick can testify to that part. lol

userpick

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 03, 2017, 11:57:14 am
the first bump was enough for me. i thought for sure he was coming down. i thought the second push out was icing on the cake. if he wins by a length or more i would have been worried that he the objection would have been disallowed. when they said no change i about came unglued. userpick can testify to that part. lol

You said words I don't hear often from you!

jdelo77

I've always been told you lose a DQ , you get one back at some point ! The last three bumps have gone in my favor but I've lost my fair share ...

hogoffate

I think I can safely say I'm still waiting on my good luck of a DQ moving my horse up to win.  Last one I remember was a couple of years ago at OP, as soon as my horse crossed the wire, the INQUIRY sign went up; like too fast;
taken down and another loss.

ricepig

Quote from: hogoffate on March 03, 2017, 06:16:25 pm
I think I can safely say I'm still waiting on my good luck of a DQ moving my horse up to win.  Last one I remember was a couple of years ago at OP, as soon as my horse crossed the wire, the INQUIRY sign went up; like too fast;
taken down and another loss.

That's what happens when the wrong horse wins the "money" race for the day.

WBOBO

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.