Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumor mill

Started by str8volfan, June 07, 2017, 11:57:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

str8volfan

am I the only one who didnt know that Chevy would be fielding Camaros in the Cup series next year?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on August 10, 2017, 08:15:11 pm
am I the only one who didnt know that Chevy would be fielding Camaros in the Cup series next year?

They look sweet

str8volfan

you didnt answer my question. Did you know?

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 10, 2017, 08:02:40 pm

I don't know about you guys but the paint scheme's on cars has never given me a woody like it does some folks

I did the first year, but it's ran it's course now.

riccoar

August 11, 2017, 07:38:53 am #54 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:56:04 am by riccoar
nm,

holeinthewall

Quote from: Racinray on August 10, 2017, 10:37:29 am
If they can't find a sponsor for the 77, FRM will be back to a one car team. Sorry don't have a link.

I think you mean FRR.  FRM is Front Row.

Racinray

Quote from: holeinthewall on August 12, 2017, 05:31:59 am
I think you mean FRR.  FRM is Front Row.
Sorry, go by what I mean not what I type. :)

holeinthewall

Kenseth sees the that he won't have a ride next year. The same article mentioned the driver salaries for the young drivers being a fraction of guys like Kenseth, JR, Edwards were pulling in.  Montoya said he was offered some lower level rides after leaving Ganassi but the travel cost would have meant he was losing money for the year.

NASCAR is dying a slow death I do believe.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: holeinthewall on August 22, 2017, 07:25:05 am
Kenseth sees the that he won't have a ride next year. The same article mentioned the driver salaries for the young drivers being a fraction of guys like Kenseth, JR, Edwards were pulling in.  Montoya said he was offered some lower level rides after leaving Ganassi but the travel cost would have meant he was losing money for the year.

NASCAR is dying a slow death I do believe.

They need to shorten the season back to at least 32 races , go back to some of the old short tracks and lose some of the mile and a half and two milers.

riccoar

Quote from: str8volfan on August 10, 2017, 09:00:40 pm
you didnt answer my question. Did you know?
Seems like there was mention when Busch went to the actual bodies that Cup was to follow but several years later.  So far for 2018 just Toyota and Chevy.  Looks like Ford will still run Fusions.

holeinthewall

Quote from: riccoar on August 22, 2017, 11:04:58 am
Seems like there was mention when Busch went to the actual bodies that Cup was to follow but several years later.  So far for 2018 just Toyota and Chevy.  Looks like Ford will still run Fusions.

Wish they would switch to the mustangs. Any reason they haven't?

riccoar

Quote from: holeinthewall on August 22, 2017, 03:13:29 pm
Wish they would switch to the mustangs. Any reason they haven't?
Well, I know when they announced the bodies for Xfinity, the Ford folks didn't do it for Cup because Chevy was not switching to Camaro.  Now that Chevy has switched I guess we wait and see.

holeinthewall

Bubba to RPM?  Maybe replacing Aric maybe in the 44.   Aric should have seen this coming considering Bubba outperformed him big time and had never been in a Cup race before.  Also they may be switching manufacturers.

holeinthewall

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 22, 2017, 08:00:45 am
They need to shorten the season back to at least 32 races , go back to some of the old short tracks and lose some of the mile and a half and two milers.

Do like Indy run 2 races at the same track the same weekend.   or do a one day show with both the Xfinity and Cup cars running.  Something to draw more people.

str8volfan

most of the drivers Ive seen comment on it only want to visit tracks one time a season. Does Las Vegas really need 2 races? No, the one they have sucks. But, Bruton gets what he wants. The only tracks that I think needs 2 races are Bristol, Daytona, and Talladega. Just my opinion.

Racinray

Quote from: str8volfan on August 24, 2017, 08:35:28 pm
most of the drivers Ive seen comment on it only want to visit tracks one time a season. Does Las Vegas really need 2 races? No, the one they have sucks. But, Bruton gets what he wants. The only tracks that I think needs 2 races are Bristol, Daytona, and Talladega. Just my opinion.
I'm not sure Bristol needs two anymore.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on August 24, 2017, 08:35:28 pm

Martinsville, Dover and Darlington

riccoar

The problem is the intermediate tracks have nearly half the races.  They need to take one from there a bring in another road course.

holeinthewall

August 26, 2017, 08:39:06 am #68 Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 12:32:51 am by holeinthewall
Quote from: riccoar on August 25, 2017, 12:07:24 pm
The problem is the intermediate tracks have nearly half the races.  They need to take one from there a bring in another road course.

Charlotte running the road course aren't they? Daytona needs to run the road course.  Skip New Hampshire Cup should be running Elkhart Lake this week and Mid Ohio also.   

riccoar

Quote from: holeinthewall on August 26, 2017, 08:39:06 am
Charlotte running the road course aren't they? Daytona needs to run the road course.  Skip New Hampshire Cup should be running Elkhart Lake this week and Mid Ohio also.   
Not this year.  They were testing it as a possibility.

holeinthewall

Chase Elliot driving the #9 next year. Byron to the #24 and the 5 is history.

Racinray

Is Danica's Cup career over and who will be in that ride? The dominos are starting to fall.

holeinthewall

Quote from: Racinray on September 12, 2017, 08:52:13 pm
Is Danica's Cup career over and who will be in that ride? The dominos are starting to fall.

Unless she can bring another sponsor to the car she is done.  Wonder who Smithfield wants as their driver with SHR next year. I hope it isn't Amariola.  I'd like to see Bubba get a shot in a competitive cup car.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: holeinthewall on September 13, 2017, 04:42:19 am
Unless she can bring another sponsor to the car she is done.  Wonder who Smithfield wants as their driver with SHR next year. I hope it isn't Amariola.  I'd like to see Bubba get a shot in a competitive cup car.

I wish it was Kenseth or Edwards

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 13, 2017, 08:09:54 am
I wish it was Kenseth or Edwards
Kenseth is the one I keep hearing, I'd like to see Kahne.

Racinray

Furniture Row has announced that unless sponsorship is found they will be a one car team next year.
Rides are getting scarce.

10thPlanet

Quote from: holeinthewall on August 24, 2017, 09:15:38 am
Bubba to RPM?  Maybe replacing Aric maybe in the 44.   Aric should have seen this coming considering Bubba outperformed him big time and had never been in a Cup race before.  Also they may be switching manufacturers.
Aric won't be returning per RPM website. Sponsorship issues as well for the 43.
https://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2017/9/12/16295254/richard-petty-motorsports-primary-sponsor-smithfield-foods-stewart-haas-racing-2018

holeinthewall

Quote from: 10thPlanet on September 14, 2017, 08:38:25 am
Aric won't be returning per RPM website. Sponsorship issues as well for the 43.
https://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2017/9/12/16295254/richard-petty-motorsports-primary-sponsor-smithfield-foods-stewart-haas-racing-2018

Yup RPM probably won't be around next year.  NASCAR might be running less than 35 cars next year. 

McDowell to FRM is a possibility and then Kahne to Levine Racing.   That car has been competitive this year.

The big domino is what SHR does. Do they keep 4 cars or go to 3?  Kurt isn't getting another ride. I bet he resigns for a lot less with SHR.

ImHogginIt

NASCAR doesn't get it. Seems they are trying to lose all the good drivers who have exp and bring in a lot of unproven youngsters to get fans and sponsors interested. The real problem is too many boring races mostly at intermediate tracks and a few 2 milers.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 14, 2017, 11:35:02 am
NASCAR doesn't get it. Seems they are trying to lose all the good drivers who have exp and bring in a lot of unproven youngsters to get fans and sponsors interested. The real problem is too many boring races mostly at intermediate tracks and a few 2 milers.

We may need to form a team, looks like we could make the starting grid every week. Anybody running a rice hull burner in NASCAR?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2017, 09:45:06 am
We may need to form a team, looks like we could make the starting grid every week. Anybody running a rice hull burner in NASCAR?

It is kinda sad when you think of all the corporations making good profits and the stock market doing so well yet teams can't get sponsors. I'm actually gonna watch practice on TV here at 11:30 because I enjoy listening to the driver interviews and the announcers banter. Practice is actually more interesting than the actual Chicago race.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 15, 2017, 10:04:32 am
It is kinda sad when you think of all the corporations making good profits and the stock market doing so well yet teams can't get sponsors. I'm actually gonna watch practice on TV here at 11:30 because I enjoy listening to the driver interviews and the announcers banter. Practice is actually more interesting than the actual Chicago race.

I watch Talladega and Daytona, because like most, I like the big wreck. I'll then watch some small tracks and road races where they use the front bumper, I don't watch the cookie cutter tracks where someone jumps out ahead and can't be caught.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2017, 11:06:11 am
I watch Talladega and Daytona, because like most, I like the big wreck. I'll then watch some small tracks and road races where they use the front bumper, I don't watch the cookie cutter tracks where someone jumps out ahead and can't be caught.

Went to Dover in the Spring. Been to Daytona, Richmond and of course Texas and Dover was far and away the best of them.

riccoar

Sponsorships are not cheap per season. About $30 plus million. The knock on Kenseth and Busch has been rumored to be the amount of salary both want. 

holeinthewall

Quote from: riccoar on September 18, 2017, 09:28:56 am
Sponsorships are not cheap per season. About $30 plus million. The knock on Kenseth and Busch has been rumored to be the amount of salary both want.

The days of 10M+ a season are long gone.  Cut that in half for the younger guys coming in today. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on September 18, 2017, 09:28:56 am

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/20747751/nascar-lawsuit-shows-anatomy-farmers-deal-hendrick-motorsports

riccoar

Quote from: holeinthewall on September 18, 2017, 11:14:06 am
The days of 10M+ a season are long gone.  Cut that in half for the younger guys coming in today. 
Then they have come way down since the early to mid 2000's.  Which is good.  The downturn on the economy the last 8-9 years really hit hard.  But bigger names make a lot more.  Compare what Johnson and Earnhardt are pulling versus Kahne.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on September 19, 2017, 07:12:02 am
Then they have come way down since the early to mid 2000's.  Which is good.  The downturn on the economy the last 8-9 years really hit hard.  But bigger names make a lot more.  Compare what Johnson and Earnhardt are pulling versus Kahne.

There has not been an economic downturn in quite a few years. US corporations have had record profits the past few years and have paid record low taxes. These companies just don't see throwing money into NASCAR any longer because of low fan interest in the sport. Sad that its just us hard core fans that keep up with it week after week and even I have lost some interest. I can't stand all the mile and a half tracks.

riccoar

Dude, the economy has sucked for several years.  Did you pay attention to the housing crisis at all?  What followed was multiple down years in the economy and less than productive GDP.  That had effects on everything, including folks being able to travel to races.

Nobody would argue the amount of mile and a half tracks is boring, but they at least are making cars raceable again.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on September 19, 2017, 10:58:44 am
Dude, the economy has sucked for several years.  Did you pay attention to the housing crisis at all?  What followed was multiple down years in the economy and less than productive GDP.  That had effects on everything, including folks being able to travel to races.

Nobody would argue the amount of mile and a half tracks is boring, but they at least are making cars raceable again.

Are you on drugs ? GDP has risen every year since 2009. Corporate profits have been at all time highs. Of course they have not been sharing that with most of their employees as income gaps continue to grow but that's just the republican way huh ?  :-*

str8volfan

Leavine must be looking for a name brand. I thought that McDowell done a god job in that car. Kahne wont run any better.

riccoar

Quote from: str8volfan on September 19, 2017, 06:11:21 pm
Leavine must be looking for a name brand. I thought that McDowell done a god job in that car. Kahne wont run any better.
Kahne's a bigger name, sponsorship wise.  Probably a tad better driver too.  Many had him going to SHR, so with SHR struggling for sponsors I wonder if they drop to 3 teams.

riccoar

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 19, 2017, 05:27:32 pm
Are you on drugs ? GDP has risen every year since 2009. Corporate profits have been at all time highs. Of course they have not been sharing that with most of their employees as income gaps continue to grow but that's just the republican way huh ?  :-*
Apparently you are.  GDP never reached 3% or higher under any of Obama's years in office.  Bottom line, the economy struggled and industries constricted.  High unemployment and that was rippled out across everything, including NASCAR.  Hell, Dodge left the sport and manufacturers severely limited investments in the sport. 

riccoar

Looking at the SHR scenario, neither Kahne or Kenseth are candidates.  Looking at Kahne to the 95, seems more than likely SHR would go back to 3 cars.  Haas was virtually funding a huge chunk of the 41 team.  Plus, Busch wants more salary for 2018.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on September 20, 2017, 06:28:48 am
Apparently you are.  GDP never reached 3% or higher under any of Obama's years in office.  Bottom line, the economy struggled and industries constricted.  High unemployment and that was rippled out across everything, including NASCAR.  Hell, Dodge left the sport and manufacturers severely limited investments in the sport.

http://www.multpl.com/us-gdp-growth-rate/table/by-year

And corporate profits have been at all time highs in recent years.

riccoar

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 20, 2017, 09:36:13 am
http://www.multpl.com/us-gdp-growth-rate/table/by-year

And corporate profits have been at all time highs in recent years.

BS.  It's well known and been documented.  His best GDP growth year was 2015 and it was only 2.6%.  Never hit 3 or above all 8 years.  Only President to achieve that.  Corporate profits?  Not sure what that has to do with anything, but I'd like to video tape you walking into your CEO's office and demanding a raise because profits are at an all time high.

riccoar

Something I hadn't thought about either is Greg Biffle.  Wonder if he is in play for any open rides.

http://www.jayski.com/news/pages/story/_/page/2018-NASCAR-Cup-Team-Driver-Chart

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on September 20, 2017, 11:03:40 am
BS.  It's well known and been documented.  His best GDP growth year was 2015 and it was only 2.6%.  Never hit 3 or above all 8 years.  Only President to achieve that.  Corporate profits?  Not sure what that has to do with anything, but I'd like to video tape you walking into your CEO's office and demanding a raise because profits are at an all time high.

You don't know what corporate profits have to do with it ? They have been at record levels so they have money to advertise. They are choosing not to do it with NASCAR any longer

You started the argument way down below where you said there has been an economic downturn the past 8-9 years which is false. The economy has grown each year. Maybe not by much but it has grown and profits have been at record highs. 

str8volfan

I thought it was the worst kept secret in NASCAR that Almirola was gonna be in the 10 car next year with Smithfield as the sponsor.

Racinray

Quote from: str8volfan on September 20, 2017, 06:22:43 pm
I thought it was the worst kept secret in NASCAR that Almirola was gonna be in the 10 car next year with Smithfield as the sponsor.
Highly doubt that.