Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kedrick James commits to (boo)...

Started by Pig in the Pokey, August 01, 2016, 05:01:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

010HogFan

in his pictures on the link above it shows him in a Bama jersey next to the Bama logo, presumably at their facility...so it looks like he had a visit of some sort. Sucks though, would have liked to had him

secneahog

I'm pretty happy with just getting Patton, he is THE beast. 
I'm not gonna down Kedrick bc that's not cool to do and out staff wanted him.  But his HUDL video didn't impress me.    That's all I'm saying!

Let's get another olineman or defensive guy with kedrick spot.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 01, 2016, 05:01:58 pm
http://247sports.com/Player/Kedrick-James-78298

Bammer. sans any visit what-so-ever.

You know, we aren't going to get them all. No need to "boo". I wish the young man well except when he plays us or in any game that may have an effect upon us. Other than that, good luck to the young man.
Go Hogs Go!

TNhawgfan

I'm sure coach did a good job recruiting him, so if he didn't want to be here then good luck to him at Bama
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

KlubhouseKonnected

He would have been nice to have but it also would of kind of been a luxury and prestige recruit rather than feeling a big need.

This may have been one of the EXCEEDINGLY RARE instances where a young man that wants to play early could compare the expected rosters at Bama and Arkansas and think that the numbers favor him better at Bama. 
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Seebs

Bama has been wanting a TE for  while now.  If we go 50% against the players Bama wants we will be just dandy.  They wanted Patton badly
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2016, 05:56:44 pm
You know, we aren't going to get them all. No need to "boo". I wish the young man well except when he plays us or in any game that may have an effect upon us. Other than that, good luck to the young man.
wasn't boo'ing KJ, was boo'ing Bammer. It's all good, I think we are going to flip Horry anyway.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 01, 2016, 07:17:27 pm
He would have been nice to have but it also would of kind of been a luxury and prestige recruit rather than feeling a big need.

This may have been one of the EXCEEDINGLY RARE instances where a young man that wants to play early could compare the expected rosters at Bama and Arkansas and think that the numbers favor him better at Bama.
true that. i hoped to trick him tbh. we are stupid deep at TE, especially with Bell there now, too, and Patton committed. An embarrassment of riches even.
@Slackaveli

nwahogfan1

My goodness.  Kedrick saw 10 TEs on our team.  Can you blame him.  I think our greater needs are at other positions.

Oklahawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 01, 2016, 09:37:22 pm
My goodness.  Kedrick saw 10 TEs on our team.  Can you blame him.  I think our greater needs are at other positions.

Odd, isn't it? We have Bama depth at TE while Bama does not.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

buldozer

Based on his ratings from the various services he may end up with a grey shirt at bama.....

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: buldozer on August 01, 2016, 10:52:33 pm
Based on his ratings from the various services he may end up with a grey shirt at bama.....

I hope not.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: buldozer on August 01, 2016, 10:52:33 pm
Or a flip to the Hogs...

I think
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 01, 2016, 07:17:27 pm

I think if CBB (and few key assistants) stays long enough, this will cease to be a rarity at several positions- RB, TE, WR, OL, DE, QB. This staff has recruited a wide range of studs, and they seem to be getting better at it.

Just ponder this- we've yet to have a year, under CBB, when we haven't signed at least one 4* QB. Just think about that for a second; it's such a pleasant thought. Odds are, we are going to have a really good QB every single year for as long as we have CBB and Enos. And chances are, every few years a QB is going to come along that just lights the world on fire and puts up ungodly numbers. Stars definitely don't mean as much as many believe, but they are correct on more 4 and 5*'s than they miss on. I'm not saying AA is going to be that guy, but there's a good chance.

If you start at RB for Arkansas, you're essentially guaranteed to get a shot in the NFL. Enough said.

On paper, we probably have as much talent, or at least close to it, at TE compared to any school in the country. We also have a very real chance that our guy is going to take home the Mackey award for the second straight year.

We don't have as much "star power" at WR, but I wouldn't trade our guys with anyone. I think this year is when we people really start to take notice of just how good our WR's are. We had one of the most balanced offenses in football last year, and we need to do it again this year. Not only will it help the win column, it will help in recruiting. We have to break out of that "boring offense" stigma. Even if it's anything but, that's what a lot of people think.

I threw in OL just based on CBB's reputation; that's probably what he's best known for anyway.

It's kind of crazy that we have so much talent stockpiled on offense, when CBB is known as a "defensive coach". Anyway, I threw DE in because with Sosa and Wise, I think opposing QB's will absolutely dread playing us. It seems like that's become an are where we've been fairly solid (most years) for quite a while. That being said, I just have a feeling that Sosa is going to be a one man wrecking crew this year, and I think Wise could wind up leading the league in sacks if he stays focused. I admit that Bama is usually going to have a better rotation at DE, but top to top, I think we'll be on par with the elite SEC defenses.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

AugustaHog

Obviously our depth would look to be a concern for a FR incoming TE.  Patton obviously will be expected to step in and be an immediate contributor.  As much talent as we have on campus (Cantrell, O'Grady, Gragg, Bell, Kraus), none of them have stepped up to latch on to the 2nd TE spot.  If somebody can come in physically prepared and pick up the offense, PT is available.  Easier said than done, just not impossible.

jackflash

outside of OL I still think what they do on the defensive side will make this class special

trashcan maN

Quote from: secneahog on August 01, 2016, 05:17:03 pm
I'm pretty happy with just getting Patton, he is THE beast. 
I'm not gonna down Kedrick bc that's not cool to do and out staff wanted him.  But his HUDL video didn't impress me.    That's all I'm saying!

Let's get another olineman or defensive guy with kedrick spot.
He honestly looked like a great future OT to me. Kid's lower body was insanely strong based on his little 7 minute hudl vid