Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shorter

Started by GrizzlyRider07, July 28, 2013, 10:46:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The real Hogules

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 01, 2013, 01:27:52 pm
I don't know much about his family and friends.  So they're fans of UA over TX?

I believe that his sister is presently attending the UofA and a friend of KS's is walking on with our Hogs.
I'm pretty certain that I saw that information posted on this site.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: The real Hogules on August 01, 2013, 02:24:00 pm
I believe that his sister is presently attending the UofA and a friend of KS's is walking on with our Hogs.
I'm pretty certain that I saw that information posted on this site.
That's Solomon Thomas that has a sister at U of A.  Shorter's cousin DJ Dean plays for the Hogs.

onebadrubi

Quote from: BBsTheMan on August 01, 2013, 02:29:00 pm
That's Solomon Thomas that has a sister at U of A.  Shorter's cousin DJ Dean plays for the Hogs.

This is correct, along with one of shifters friends being allowed to walk on is starting to be mentioned on here.

Speedracer

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on July 31, 2013, 09:45:37 pm
I'll wager Malachi dupre never sets foot on campus. Evans is also a longshot.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If one visits, put your hand in a wood chipper and let me record it.  Don't  you go Aaron Rodgers on me!
Like smites bother me.

Adam Stokes

We could use a nice RB like him.  Hope he comes our way.

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: steefhog on August 01, 2013, 05:15:42 am
Something really creepy about digging through a year's worth of another person's posts, just so you can "prove them wrong".

Additionally, recruiting is a sport that revolves around guessing what a 17 year old boy will do with all the choices he has. Even Richard gets it wrong occasionally. And until signing day, all the threads in here are just fans passing time.

Right or wrong, "who" posts intelligently and civilly. You...OTOH...are routinely finding fault with others. Yuck.

Well I hope whosiskid doesn't take that post the way you did.  I wasn't trying to prove him wrong, I was trying to prove him right.  There's at least 3 or 4 guys on here that put a lot of time into following these recruits so when he made such a bold prediction, Lanny has made it very easy for us to look back at everyone's previous posts, and so I did that in the hopes that he's had a pretty good track record which would have made me feel really good, being that he is predicting us to get Shorter, Evans, and Frazier.

Like CBD already posted, last year was an odd year for recruiting anyway.  I'm actually fairly hopeful we'll get those three or maybe two out of the three, but like whosiskid, I'm a big ole HOMER, and will usually err on predicting we get them when we don't.

Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

MRPRFCT

Shorter just visited Texas. Again.

Break & Run

Quote from: MRPRFCT on August 02, 2013, 12:51:54 pm
Shorter just visited Texas. Again.

We already knew he'd be visiting Texas.  It's been on his schedule.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Tim Harris

Quote from: Break & Run on August 02, 2013, 12:53:48 pm
We already knew he'd be visiting Texas.  It's been on his schedule.

He was scheduled to visit them before he came for his visit here which he did.  I'm not sure this one was on the schedule. 

davispard

This visit was not previously scheduled.  Texass is putting the "bum rush" on him.  IMO; Mr. Shorter is about to become a "Short Horn"!!!  Hate it, but that's the definition of recruiting.  Hope I'm wrong..

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: davispard on August 02, 2013, 01:20:53 pm
This visit was not previously scheduled.  Texass is putting the "bum rush" on him.  IMO; Mr. Shorter is about to become a "Short Horn"!!!  Hate it, but that's the definition of recruiting.  Hope I'm wrong..
I've been saying it for the last several days but no one has been willing or capable of believing it on here. When he announced he was not going to make his decision today, I knew that meant Texas had gotten to him. It's not over until nsd but I'd be surprised if he didn't choose Texas.

immahog

ok im lost now so when is he anouncing ???
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: immahog on August 02, 2013, 01:30:11 pm
ok im lost now so when is he anouncing ???
No one knows, it was scheduled for today.

Break & Run

HOG FANS NEED TO RUSH HIM ON Twitter!!!
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Music City Hog

Two Texas visits in one week is no bueno for Hog fans.

KlubhouseKonnected

He postponed announcing to give Tejas one last run at him. I hope that the weather in Austin sucks bawls this weekend.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

davispard

Break & Run

LOL at all the negativity. 

Arkansasno1

I still think we get this guy.
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Arkansasno1 on August 02, 2013, 02:37:43 pm
I still think we get this guy.
I don't but I'm not giving up either.

twistitup

Shorter is Fville bound
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

MRPRFCT

Yea, he's just going to Texas to tell their coaches in person that he's going to be a Razorback. Makes sense....

luke hawg

Texas already has an all purpose back committed. They will be moving him to defense. They will be going through a coaching change shortly.

BJOhog

they make good steak in austin he mite jus be there for some grub

BJOhog

Quote from: luke hawg on August 02, 2013, 06:37:12 pm
Texas already has an all purpose back committed. They will be moving him to defense. They will be going through a coaching change shortly.
they aint telling him that hes going to play defense though dont matter what the rest of us think we aint in that ole boys ear

JackJohnson

Three more predictions today on Shorter from 247

Brian Perroni National recruiting Analyst picked Ark
Jeff Howe from Texas Longhorns 247 picked Ark

Jeremiah Sharp from men of scarlet and gray (big 10??) picked Texas

On a side note- some national guy picked us to get Frazier yesterday and some guy from Nebraska picked us to get Ragnow

MissippHog

Quote from: twistitup on August 02, 2013, 09:00:05 pm
He's just chasing a little tail in Austin.

It looks like this decision may be based on more than just football. I hope they showed him a good time whole on the hill.
Freudian slip?

Choctaw Hog

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on August 03, 2013, 08:34:09 am
Are you leaving? Let's all hope so. 

Well, dad-gum. I'm offended. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

JackJohnson

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 02, 2013, 08:48:57 pm
Three more predictions today on Shorter from 247

Brian Perroni National recruiting Analyst picked Ark
Jeff Howe from Texas Longhorns 247 picked Ark

Jeremiah Sharp from men of scarlet and gray (big 10??) picked Texas

On a side note- some national guy picked us to get Frazier yesterday and some guy from Nebraska picked us to get Ragnow

2 more Shorter to Ark predictions today: another national guy and the 247 Tex AM guy

Also- a national guy predicted us to get Cornelious and Otis predicted us to get Watts

DCimport

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 03, 2013, 01:23:28 pm
2 more Shorter to Ark predictions today: another national guy and the 247 Tex AM guy

Also- a national guy predicted us to get Cornelious and Otis predicted us to get Watts

Watts just sent a tweet "@armonwatts: Can't wait to go back and visit Arkansas #SEC".   

As far as Shorter, hope horns want him on D and he wants to play RB.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 03, 2013, 01:23:28 pm

Quote from: DCimport on August 03, 2013, 03:11:57 pm
Watts just sent a tweet "@armonwatts: Can't wait to go back and visit Arkansas #SEC".   

As far as Shorter, hope horns want him on D and he wants to play RB.

Hell-oh

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 02, 2013, 02:22:52 pm
buh-bye.

Mo-ron.

luke hawg

You've got to like that the A&M Insder, Texas Insider, and Arkansas Insider all agree he is going to be a hog. The one recent pick for Texas is from a guy who doesn't have any correct picks on record. Otis has been 100% so far and the two other guys are around 75% with a much larger sample sizes. I think Texas is trying to turn him into a CB and Mr. Shorter likes to touch the pigskin.

dazerback

he is announcing today?

Adam Stokes

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on August 01, 2013, 06:24:35 pm

Well I hope whosiskid doesn't take that post the way you did.  I wasn't trying to prove him wrong, I was trying to prove him right.  There's at least 3 or 4 guys on here that put a lot of time into following these recruits so when he made such a bold prediction, Lanny has made it very easy for us to look back at everyone's previous posts, and so I did that in the hopes that he's had a pretty good track record which would have made me feel really good, being that he is predicting us to get Shorter, Evans, and Frazier.

Like CBD already posted, last year was an odd year for recruiting anyway.  I'm actually fairly hopeful we'll get those three or maybe two out of the three, but like whosiskid, I'm a big ole HOMER, and will usually err on predicting we get them when we don't.

whosiskid is a cool cat...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

TDHawgs

Any news on Shorter and the Texas visit?

Break & Run

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 04, 2013, 10:18:59 am
heard he got laid but wasn't impressed

Come on now, this ish doesn't need to be posted.  Keep that to Twitter. Lol

R-VilleHog

Quote from: Break & Run on August 04, 2013, 10:27:12 am
Come on now, this ish doesn't need to be posted.  Keep that to Twitter. Lol

Man you live in Hot Springs, nothing subtle there so let him post as he wills.

Break & Run

Quote from: R-VilleHog on August 04, 2013, 10:32:58 am
Man you live in Hot Springs, nothing subtle there so let him post as he wills.

I don't think someone in their 30s or 40s needs to be posting about a 17 year old guy getting laid while on a recruiting trip, I don't care if the kid is your son's best friend.  It just isn't right.

gullwing

This thought occurred to me......it appeared that the young man was all set for the Hill. Seems like I read a while back that his cousin is a Hog, and his teammate worked out a deal to walk-on as well. Then Texas enters the party late with an offer. He visits twice in one week and postpones his announcement. I'm wondering if they are trying to workout details for him and the teammate, and he commits to the Longhorns within the next day or two.   just a thought...

R-VilleHog

Quote from: Break & Run on August 04, 2013, 10:36:37 am
I don't think someone in their 30s or 40s needs to be posting about a 17 year old guy getting laid while on a recruiting trip, I don't care if the kid is your son's best friend.  It just isn't right.

i was just pokin' fun at ya, guess I forgot to turn on my sarcasm.

whosiskid

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on July 31, 2013, 09:53:28 pm

Well I know you've been posting on here for a while with recruiting seeming to be a big interest so I took a look back at around this time last year at some of your posts in the hope that I would see you nailing some signing prognostications for the 2013 class seven or eight months out.  Wouldn't have taken the time to do that if I didn't have some respect for your posts.

Maybe last year was an off year for you.  At this time last year you weren't giving much hope of us getting Tenpenny, so good one there.

But outside of that:
Torii Hunter: "not a lock, but very optimistic"
Ryan Timmons and Torii Hunter: "I'm pretty sure both will commit after their visits"
Devon Allen:  "I think we are going to add more extremely talented wide receivers"
Zach Hannon: "Extremely likely that he will commit to Arkansas"

Those are the recruits you were talking about around this time last year.  I couldn't find a single one in that time frame that you said we would get that we actually did get.  These are the ones you were talking about and of course we didn't get any of them.

I'll point out that you weren't as sure about any of them as you are in your post above, so maybe that is the difference, but it looks like you're just guessing off what you read on twitter and other sources just like the rest of us.

Only you're not as good of a guesser as some of us.

Hope your luck improves this year.  CBB and staff will probably help in that area since you tend to be more optimistic.

Well, since some people have stepped up and said nice things I won't be as passionate in my reply as I might otherwise be, but let me first point out that recruiting is fluid. Things change. A lot of this hinges on the feelings of players, and these change.

Second, you go back to a year but didn't necessarily look at a lot of my posts from later in the season. A lot of my feelings about recruiting prior to our string of looses differ from my feelings afterwards. There is absolutely no doubt that a lot of players who were interested in us later lost interest.

Third, you engaged in a technique known as cherry picking where you take a few instances but not all, and then draw a conclusion on a very tiny sampling.

Of the four players mentioned, Torii Hunter was widely considered an Arkansas lock prior to Petrino's firing. Devon Allen also was extremely interested, and even after that kept a degree of interest. Ryan Timmons wanted to be a Razorback after Bielema took over, but we never contacted him (I still think that was a huge mistake, and I will be following him closely over the next year - the guy is a big play kid, and I really do think he will excel at the next level). Zach Hannon also lost interest in us after Petrino but before Bielema took over.

What you neglect is many other things I said. For instance:

Hunter Henry - I always insisted that he would be a Hog, that his church community would play a decisive role if nothing else did.

Altee Tenpenny - I never thought he was going to be a Razorback. I was never particularly confident that he was as good as his rating. To me he seemed like a combine phenom. His on the field stats last year were only a tiny bit better than Juan Day, who does not do especially well at combines, but who does extremely well on the field.

I remain confident that Josh Frazier, Will Gragg, and Shorter will be Razorbacks.

On the flipside, I don't think you will ever find that I've made an absurd claim about any player. I never thought we had much of a shot at Mixon. The most I feel about Solomon Thomas is hopeful optimism, which is to say that I don't think it likely he'll commit to us, but neither do I think it an impossibility.

I think most things I post fall within the realm of "reasonable." Of course I have been wrong. The only way to avoid being wrong is to avoid having an opinion. I think I can support any statement I make, but having reasons doesn't add up to infallibility. Unfortuantely, my enforced move from Chicago to Atlanta has meant that I haven't had time for following recruiting as much as I want.

However, I remain absolutely certain - which does not equate with infallibility - that Shorter will be a Hog. I think friends and family and his own liking of the Hogs will keep him pointed towards Fayetteville. I think - though of course I could be wrong - that Texas will be a case of too little too late.

When I made that post let me note that the pundits at 247 were around 70% in saying that Shorter was going to be an Aggie. Today 67% on 247 are saying the Razorbacks. Again, I never say that what I say will happen infallibly. I will say that nearly everything that I post is not babbling.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

whosiskid

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine on August 04, 2013, 12:36:22 am
whosiskid is a cool cat...

Thank you!

There are few people I would rather hear say that. Seriously, I really appreciate that.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: whosiskid on August 04, 2013, 02:48:07 pm
Thank you!

There are few people I would rather hear say that. Seriously, I really appreciate that.
I think you're cool cat too b/c you are intelligent, kind to others, and you follow recruiting closely.
I'm glad Pyg posted what he did b/c I like to know who has been right and who has been wrong. I'm not saying his info is necessarily accurate based on what you posted above, btw but it still matters to me. If seth.jenkins came in saying Shorter was a lock for the Hogs, I think some would appreciate me pointing out that he was also saying dgb was 100000000% a Hog and no chance of any other occurrence.

ZERO

I don't think Pyg really meant anything offensive by that.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: ZERO on August 04, 2013, 05:46:54 pm
I don't think Pyg really meant anything offensive by that.
I think his intention was to be positive and then found the opposite of what he was looking for in the old posts.

twistitup

The Manziel situation should help us!

Come to a team with a QB...pretty solid recruiting pitch.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....