Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

According to NFL Network Commentator 2011 Could Be a Heavy QB 1st Rd.

Started by bigdaddyhawg, April 27, 2011, 02:15:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddyhawg

I apologize, but I can't remember who made the comment, but he was saying that there are so many teams out there needing a QB, and badly at that.

Carolina, Buffalo, Arizona, San Fran, Minn, Miami, Seattle, Cinncinn, etc.

He says every year there is a run in the first round on some position, and that because of need, he believes teams will reach, out of fear if they wait until the second round they will ALL be gone.

The result is all the QB's get pushed up earlier in the draft than they should as teams panic, fearful of missing out completely.

He said he expects as many as SIX may go in the first round.

I read somewhere else that out of fear the Redskins are considering trading up high enough to get Gabbert. 

This is all that is needed to get the 'run' started.  I think this is a possibility.  Thoughts?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

josh_sec33

As I said before...Thursday can't get here soon enough.

i'm getting tired of all of this....I just want it to be over so that the people who have trashed Mallett has to hem and haw 9and then bash the team that picks him early for picking him early)
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Breesus Is My Homeboy

The structure could also make a run on QB's more likely. As the first round starts to close don't be surprised if a lot of teams trade up so they can get their man without worrying about all the other teams maneuvering overnight. Granted many said the same thing would happen last year, and it didn't, but with so many QB's bunched together after the Newton/Gabbert consensus it could happen.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Breesus Is My Homeboy on April 27, 2011, 02:52:49 pm
The structure could also make a run on QB's more likely. As the first round starts to close don't be surprised if a lot of teams trade up so they can get their man without worrying about all the other teams maneuvering overnight. Granted many said the same thing would happen last year, and it didn't, but with so many QB's bunched together after the Newton/Gabbert consensus it could happen.

Very good point.  I haven't seen anybody make this comment.  Excellent observation. +1
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Breesus Is My Homeboy

From Rotoworld

ESPN's Adam Schefter, NFL Network's Albert Breer, and NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock have all predicted that Thursday's first round of the NFL draft will be heavy on trade action.

"I think there will be more trades this year than people have seen in the history of the NFL draft," wrote Mayock late Wednesday. Schefter said similar things on Mike and Mike Thursday morning. Wrote Breer, "Had an NFL executive tell me yesterday he thought there'd be more draft movement than ever, up and down the board, today."