Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boxscore...

Started by Swinesong1, January 26, 2014, 04:21:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mhuff

Quote from: Swinesong1 on January 26, 2014, 04:21:21 am
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400506385#

+1

Have to give credit to Gulley for a great game. Announcers early on were talking about Gulley before he started scoring points. They were applauding him for a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio. Now that's what I am talking about . Those are Mayberry numbers. I have to applaud Madden for an excellent game... What I would like to see is a rise in his assist numbers.

The announcers were also applauding the team for plays where the ball goes inside and then is passed to a player going down the baseline. I have been calling for that forever. I have also been calling for the ball to be dribbled down the lane and dropped off to an open big when the ball is double teamed. We also did that. I have been seeing the other teams do that to us. It's a shame we haven't been doing it to them. Perhaps either of the scenarios would  have worked better than throwing up final shots from the cheap seats. The announcers said they were practicing these plays in the morning warm ups. Too bad we are this far into the season before we start using basic BB plays. Anyway, I saw some good BB a lot of plays. Williams also played better and he seems to always rebound well. Good hustle Clarke. He went after a loose ball, dove across the table almost to the Missouri state line, ran around the bench almost to Oklahoma, and came back and stole the ball...... Great effort....Good win Hogs Atta Boy. Do these things on the road MA. We would win more games.

Swinesong1

Quote from: mhuff on January 27, 2014, 12:47:45 pm
+1

Have to give credit to Gulley for a great game. Announcers early on were talking about Gulley before he started scoring points. They were applauding him for a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio. Now that's what I am talking about . Those are Mayberry numbers. I have to applaud Madden for an excellent game... What I would like to see is a rise in his assist numbers.

The announcers were also applauding the team for plays where the ball goes inside and then is passed to a player going down the baseline. I have been calling for that forever. I have also been calling for the ball to be dribbled down the lane and dropped off to an open big when the ball is double teamed. We also did that. I have been seeing the other teams do that to us. It's a shame we haven't been doing it to them. Perhaps either of the scenarios would  have worked better than throwing up final shots from the cheap seats. The announcers said they were practicing these plays in the morning warm ups. Too bad we are this far into the season before we start using basic BB plays. Anyway, I saw some good BB a lot of plays. Williams also played better and he seems to always rebound well. Good hustle Clarke. He went after a loose ball, dove across the table almost to the Missouri state line, ran around the bench almost to Oklahoma, and came back and stole the ball...... Great effort....Good win Hogs Atta Boy. Do these things on the road MA. We would win more games.
Great analysis.  +1