Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD: #1 ARKANSAS (43-18) vs #4 ORAL ROBERTS (43-15)

Started by Razorbacks#1, June 04, 2017, 10:22:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgphish

We need Mo. St. to actually be out of pitching, which I highly doubt, or we MUST start hitting with authority.  At least, we bought another game.

JHicks3636

HogFansReunited

Quote from: snoblind on June 04, 2017, 08:17:30 pm
Not to worry, they will be back if we fall behind MSU. 

No they won't because we won't fall behind.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

We are undefeated in all 4 games I have done at least a little pbp in.

Member #3568

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hoglady on June 04, 2017, 08:14:43 pm
Great job coming back to win that one!!
Maybe our bats will now heat up a little bit - hope so!!
Needed, I can't remember now the last game you can put on our pitching staff, defense has contributed to the last 2 losses, but lack of offense has been our biggest problem! The 2 blowouts last week were great but we have been anemic except for those 2 really for about 3-4 weeks.

Hawgphish

CJ HOG

Quote from: JHicks3636 on June 04, 2017, 08:13:06 pm
Some of you should really be ashamed
No doubt, the negative mojo is palpable on here when a few things don't go our way. It must be a symptom of the postseason, or one of its byproducts.

PigWig

snoblind

SPAL

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

SPAL

In all honestly....not a lot of moderation was needed. Those who started "the game is over " nonsense was dealt with but people are starting to understand that it's ok to be frustrated and vent as long as you do it correctly
And most everybody is doing it correctly.

tennesseehogwild

What an outstanding job by the Roach and Reindl! Saved our Bacon, so to speak!

SPAL

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 04, 2017, 08:30:44 pm
I am pretty sure they toss a coin to determine home team after the games on day 1.

No, there is a formula they use.

For first-round games during championship competition, the highest-seeded team shall be designated as
the home team. In subsequent games, the home team shall be determined according to a formula applied
by the games committee.
In determining which of two teams in any game will be the home team, the games committee or the
NCAA game representative shall designate the home team using the following guidelines:
1. The institution that has been the home team the fewer number of times in that particular tournament.
2. If the two teams are equal in this respect but unequal in the number of times they were the visitor,
then the team that has been the visitor more often will be designated the home team.
3. If the two teams are equal in the number of times that they have been home and visitor, the games
committee or the NCAA game representative shall observe the following procedures in the order stated:
a. If the two teams have met previously in that particular tournament, the visitor in the previous game
shall be the home team in the game in question
(Exception: In a two-team tournament where both teams have been the home team twice, the fifth game
will be determined by a coin flip);
b. The team that was visitor in its preceding game shall be the home team, unless both teams were visi-
tors in their preceding games; or
c. If the above procedures do not resolve the matter, the home team shall be determined by coin flip.
During the pre-championship meeting for the regional and super regional, the host institution must des-
ignate whether the first or third base dugout will be the home team dugout for the entire tournament.

Beaverfever

HogFansReunited

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 04, 2017, 08:35:48 pm
No, there is a formula they use.

For first-round games during championship competition, the highest-seeded team shall be designated as
the home team. In subsequent games, the home team shall be determined according to a formula applied
by the games committee.
In determining which of two teams in any game will be the home team, the games committee or the
NCAA game representative shall designate the home team using the following guidelines:
1. The institution that has been the home team the fewer number of times in that particular tournament.
2. If the two teams are equal in this respect but unequal in the number of times they were the visitor,
then the team that has been the visitor more often will be designated the home team.
3. If the two teams are equal in the number of times that they have been home and visitor, the games
committee or the NCAA game representative shall observe the following procedures in the order stated:
a. If the two teams have met previously in that particular tournament, the visitor in the previous game
shall be the home team in the game in question
(Exception: In a two-team tournament where both teams have been the home team twice, the fifth game
will be determined by a coin flip);
b. The team that was visitor in its preceding game shall be the home team, unless both teams were visi-
tors in their preceding games; or
c. If the above procedures do not resolve the matter, the home team shall be determined by coin flip.
During the pre-championship meeting for the regional and super regional, the host institution must des-
ignate whether the first or third base dugout will be the home team dugout for the entire tournament.

Thanks, learned something new today.

Member #3568

Baconomics

hoghelmet14

Cant find us on espn3.... are we one of the event not started yets at the bottom?
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

Birminghog

I left after the Nancies came in - just can't deal with fair-weather fans. Read through everything after the game. However you dealt with some of those folks, I'm glad you did. EI was beginning to look like MMQB for a few minutes there.

Thanks to everyone responsible. Great job(s) as always.

Birminghog

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: Birminghog on June 04, 2017, 08:51:09 pm
I left after the Nancies came in - just can't deal with fair-weather fans. Read through everything after the game. However you dealt with some of those folks, I'm glad you did. EI was beginning to look like MMQB for a few minutes there.

Thanks to everyone responsible. Great job(s) as always.

I can't follow the thread during big games anymore. This team gets me worked up like no other in the past. I ban myself so SPAL don't have to...lol

jst01

DLUXHOG

they are starting the game now and it is on ESPNWathch.............

Hawgphish

Quote from: jst01 on June 04, 2017, 09:07:39 pm
So we are really gonna start a game this late?
so we will get done around 1 am and play a noon game tomorrow.  Why not just play 2 tomorrow?

DLUXHOG

Hawgphish

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Hawgphish on June 04, 2017, 09:13:49 pm
cant find the game on Watch Espn

It isn't listed as "Arkansas" it is listed in the directory as one of the 9:00 PM NCAA tournament games.......

3 up 3 down, Arkansas now up to bat in the first...

EDIT:  It is now listed on the main page as "Missouri State vs Arkansas"......

jry04

jry04

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on June 04, 2017, 12:41:32 pm
Fans lol. We go through the toughest conference tournament in the country and give up 10 runs in 5 games and we lack pitching depth. Those 7 inning games didn't save our pitching. We won 16-0 and 12-0. We could've ran kosty or Loeske out there with leads like that. I just don't get the negative attitudes. Bats will wake up.
Still think we didn't have to slug ourselves out of this? Going as expected. Winning, but doing it with bats. Tonight will be more of the same for both teams.