Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am gonna be sick....

Started by hoghelmet14, February 24, 2016, 09:22:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoghelmet14

Stewart Haas to switch to Ford in 2017 and get motors for Roush.... who has not won since when?
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

hoghelmet14

hoghelmet14

ahhh... more to the story.... it seems ole mr Hendrix owns 1/3 of jr motorsports... and wants to go cup racing with ty Dillon...... a jr motorsports team leves SHR on the outside looking in.... it seems Tony had to do what Tony had to do..... I wont stop cheering for SHR but dang I have ragged on ford for years...

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 24, 2016, 09:57:54 am
ahhh... more to the story.... it seems ole mr Hendrix owns 1/3 of jr motorsports... and wants to go cup racing with ty Dillon...... a jr motorsports team leves SHR on the outside looking in.... it seems Tony had to do what Tony had to do..... I wont stop cheering for SHR but dang I have ragged on ford for years...

Ford is working out pretty well for Penske.   

pigture perfect

Our old Hometown boy Mark Martin was the last good driver for Roush, and Fords have basically stunk since then.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Flying Razorback

Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

hoghelmet14

Quote from: Flying Razorback on February 24, 2016, 01:13:48 pm
I don't like this.

Me either.... but I am a SHR fan... not a chevy fan... so sticking with my team!

Flying Razorback

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 24, 2016, 05:42:13 pm
Me either.... but I am a SHR fan... not a chevy fan... so sticking with my team!

Same here, it's just weird to me.  I've never cheered for a non-Chevy driver.  I know that's fickle and nothing about these cars is "Ford" or "Chevy".  But, man, this is straight out of left field. 

I don't like the thought of  the growing pains they're going to go through the first 2 years, and I bet they have a big drop off this year as Hendrick stops sharing technical info.  Because Harvick only has a couple of years left.  So losing the next 3 is probably going to be the sunset to his career.

I see how this is a big win for Ford, but I can't figure out at all how this benefits SHR.

Racinray

Buff

Hate it.  2 of the drivers have been associated with Chevy for their entire Nascar careers, and Tony has been with Chevy as well for the last several years.

But I'll look at it this way...... at least Harvick won't be in a Toyota.

hoghelmet14

SHR is going to build their own chasis.... step one to being on their own all the way across the board which will be good.... I hope they build their own engines asap.

Buff

Bet Ford promised some big changes in their nascar program to beat Toyota.  Rumors that Harvick and Kahne may switch rides in 2017.  Doubt they're true.  At least Danica is lucky that Ford has better crash ratings across the board.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 24, 2016, 07:46:40 pm
SHR is going to build their own chasis.... step one to being on their own all the way across the board which will be good.... I hope they build their own engines asap.

Hopefully with the money Stewart can pay for engines Roush will be able to hire some better engineers

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on February 24, 2016, 08:48:16 pm
Bet Ford promised some big changes in their nascar program to beat Toyota.  Rumors that Harvick and Kahne may switch rides in 2017.  Doubt they're true.  At least Danica is lucky that Ford has better crash ratings across the board.

;D

Racinray

At least Danica is lucky that Ford has better crash ratings across the board.
+1 if I could ;D

holeinthewall

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 24, 2016, 09:22:30 am
Stewart Haas to switch to Ford in 2017 and get motors for Roush.... who has not won since when?

You do realize all Ford cars get their engines from Roush including Penske. Roush issues aren't the engines it is the chasis. I am a Ford guy I drive Mustangs because we all know it takes a Chevy 350 to get any where near a Ford 5.0. That poor little 305 sucks ass.  I can't be a Harvick fan even in a Ford.

QuoteOur old Hometown boy Mark Martin was the last good driver for Roush, and Fords have basically stunk since then.

Edwards, Kenseth, Busch. I think they all did pretty good.

Flying Razorback

I doubt Harvick would switch rides.  I think he's too close to the end of his career to risk "starting over" again and burning bridges with future business partners.  He and DeLana do a very good job on the business side and I could see them buying in to the car when he leaves it or being part of the business side of SHR.  Maybe taking some of Tony's active role and letting Tony focus on the dirt cars, sport cars, and track owning side a little more.

Buff

SHR.  Stewart-Harvick Racing?

Flying Razorback

Because of how they have reached out in to other sports and are trying to do the whole "sports agent" thing, I don't know if they'd be an active participant.  But I could see them in the marketing area or owning a car the way Jeff Gordon does with the 48.

Flying Razorback

Harvick says he's staying with SHR.  However, there's a lot of business talk and this is the only time he has addressed it.  That means he's either unhappy, feels like he didn't have a say in it, or he just has other contracts with Chevy that can't be breeched right now and has to measure his words carefully.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2016/02/26/kevin-harvick-has-no-plans-leave-shr-after-switch-ford/80978336/