Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kansas - Chase Race 5

Started by Flying Razorback, October 18, 2015, 02:30:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Razorback

Today is a big day.  The winner will either be Logano, Keselowski, Kenseth, or Johnson.

Harvick having trouble either, says his motor or drive train is going to blow.  He had a slow car all weekend in practices so he might have messed up the motor somewhere.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Flying Razorback

Keselowski has fallen back, but the 20, 22, and 48 are pacing the field big time.

Flying Razorback

I think Kenseth has this one in the bag.  Him and Logano can start and park next week and let the other 10 fight it out for the final 6 spots.

Flying Razorback

A lot of our top drivers are struggling to get the car planted in the track today.  A bunch of big names shuffled throughout the field.

Flying Razorback

Kenseth off in to the wind. 

Boring race so far.  Gave me time to pick up and give a thorough cleaning to the living room.

Flying Razorback

Harvick has a gas can leave his pit, pit penalty with 50 to go...

And he goes from a great season to the outside looking in.  He will wreck at Dega next week.

HAve I mentioned I hate this Chase format?

Flying Razorback

This fall sucks.

Razorback suck.

Harvick suddenly will be out of the Chase.

And MLB playoffs suck.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on October 18, 2015, 04:00:18 pm
Harvick has a gas can leave his pit, pit penalty with 50 to go...

And he goes from a great season to the outside looking in.  He will wreck at Dega next week.

HAve I mentioned I hate this Chase format?

I like this format. Makes every week much more exciting. There goes the 20 around. There goes my fantasy week... again  :(

Flying Razorback

Wow.  Logano in 2nd spins the leader with 5 to go.

Kenseth threw a hard block against a faster car, can't fault Logano a bit.

Flying Razorback

Crap.  Forgot I had Kenseth as my fantasy starter

Racinray

ImHogginIt

NBC pisses me off with the driver radios. Why is it so impossible to hear when they cut to them yet on Fox broadcasts it was so much clearer ?

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 18, 2015, 04:25:49 pm
I like this format. Makes every week much more exciting.

Manufactured excitement. What other sport arbitrarily resets points towards the end of a season?

Racinray

I like the Chase format but this track makes for a boring race.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on October 18, 2015, 04:33:37 pm
Manufactured excitement. What other sport arbitrarily resets points towards the end of a season?

Baseball and football with wild card teams getting in playoffs is basically the same thing.

It isn't manufactured excitement to me. They just changed the rules and did away with the old boring format. Even when my boy Johnson was winning 5 in a row it was pretty boring the last 10-12 races knowing only a couple drivers had a chance to win it all. And I love the winner takes it all last race of the year in this format

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 18, 2015, 04:39:42 pm
Baseball and football with wild card teams getting in playoffs is basically the same thing.

It isn't manufactured excitement to me. They just changed the rules and did away with the old boring format. Even when my boy Johnson was winning 5 in a row it was pretty boring the last 10-12 races knowing only a couple drivers had a chance to win it all. And I love the winner takes it all last race of the year in this format

The old season long points race between Harvick and Logano would actually be as good or better than the sport had ever seen.  Like the 1992 season every dreams about.

The wild card comparison would only be valid if they parked every car but the 12 or 16 in the Chase.  It makes no sense that a single 15th place finish or so should ruin a near perfect season.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on October 18, 2015, 04:53:04 pm

The old season long points race between Harvick and Logano would actually be as good or better than the sport had ever seen.  Like the 1992 season every dreams about.

The wild card comparison would only be valid if they parked every car but the 12 or 16 in the Chase.  It makes no sense that a single 15th place finish or so should ruin a near perfect season.

Sure it does. darn happens in sports. Sucks that a single injury can destroy my cowboys season too but that's just the way it is. I hated the old points format. This format puts a premium on winning races and not being content to ride around and be thrilled with just a top 10 finish and I love that

berryhog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 18, 2015, 05:20:01 pm
Sure it does. darn happens in sports. Sucks that a single injury can destroy my cowboys season too but that's just the way it is. I hated the old points format. This format puts a premium on winning races and not being content to ride around and be thrilled with just a top 10 finish and I love that

I agree. 

riccoar

Quote from: Flying Razorback on October 18, 2015, 04:26:38 pm
Crap.  Forgot I had Kenseth as my fantasy starter
I had Kyle B and Logano in my A drivers.  Toggled back and forth and settled on Busch.  Bad call.  Gonna be a lot of pressing at Dega

holeinthewall

Kenseth whining about getting dumped yet he kept cutting an blocking Logano. I think Joey was more than fair in giving him multiple passes before doing what he did.