Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Indy Driver Justin Wilson has died

Started by Flying Razorback, August 24, 2015, 10:40:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Razorback

I don't know how many of you have been following this since the crash yesterday, but Wilson died at the hospital today.

This sucks.  He was just continuing along and the nose cone from the car that wrecked ahead of his came down and hit him in the head.

I know it's been discussed for years, but with more and more deaths attributable to the open cockpit, they're going to look more seriously at some of the closed cockpit designs.  And I think it won't take a thing from the sport if they do.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

hoghelmet14

I agree... close the cockpit.... I watched it live... it was one of those hut oh accidents... you just knew that was bad when it happened.  Unlike the Dale Sr Accident that looked normal this looked really bad... Every time my sports center app went off yesterday I just knew it was the announcement we did not want to get.. and then it came... sad.... Prayers for the family.
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

bulldog04

Such a tragedy. Prayers for friends and family.  Smoke did a great thing no matter what people think of him.http://espn.go.com/racing/indycar/story/_/id/13497636/tony-stewart-loans-plane-take-wilson-family-hospital

Racinray

Quote from: bulldog04 on August 27, 2015, 08:30:38 am
Such a tragedy. Prayers for friends and family.  Smoke did a great thing no matter what people think of him.http://espn.go.com/racing/indycar/story/_/id/13497636/tony-stewart-loans-plane-take-wilson-family-hospital
If he didn't have that lawsuit against him right now I think people would think of him a little differently. I hope his heart is in the right place and he is doing it for the right reasons. And yes I'm a TS fan, always have been.

bulldog04

Quote from: Racinray on August 27, 2015, 12:20:43 pm
If he didn't have that lawsuit against him right now I think people would think of him a little differently. I hope his heart is in the right place and he is doing it for the right reasons. And yes I'm a TS fan, always have been.
The article said this isn't the first time he has done something like this and he doesn't like for it to be made public.  So that tells me he doesn't do  this for Smoke