Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clint Bowyer out at MWR

Started by Flying Razorback, August 19, 2015, 08:18:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Razorback

Just announced that the two are parting ways.  MWR also announced they will not be fielding full time teams next year.

Toyota cut off MWR of all tech data a few weeks ago so this has been pending.

Can't help but think this has all been down hill since Richmond 2013.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Buff

Close the doors and call it quits.  Maybe DW can get Ford to take over.

Flying Razorback

Clint still has a sponsor.  I bet Furniture Row adds him as their second team with their move to Toyota next year.

Racinray

Hate to hear it. MWR had the most fan friendly shop of all the teams.

berryhog

Wow.  Didn't realize it was THAT bad at MWR.  I wasn't aware Toyota had cut their support.  Am I remembering correctly that MWR was the first team with the Toyota affiliation ?

Racinray

Quote from: berryhog on August 19, 2015, 07:41:34 pm
Wow.  Didn't realize it was THAT bad at MWR.  I wasn't aware Toyota had cut their support.  Am I remembering correctly that MWR was the first team with the Toyota affiliation ?
I believe that's correct.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: berryhog on August 19, 2015, 07:41:34 pm

I think you're right.  They also got caught with jet fuel in their motors at their first race in 2007.  Not a good start.

riccoar

Pretty good report of the downward spiral.  Speculation that Bowyer could be in the wings to take over Stewarts seat when he retires from SHR.

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015/3/26/8296555/michael-waltrip-racing-clint-bowyer-brian-vickers-future

Flying Razorback

Quote from: riccoar on August 20, 2015, 06:23:37 am
Pretty good report of the downward spiral.  Speculation that Bowyer could be in the wings to take over Stewarts seat when he retires from SHR.

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015/3/26/8296555/michael-waltrip-racing-clint-bowyer-brian-vickers-future

I hadn't even thought about that.  But Stewart probably will try and limp through at least one more year.  I wonder where they would stash him until then.  The alliance organization is Hendrick, and there's no room at the inn there either.

The announcement made it seem as if he isn't going to follow Kaufman over to Chip Ganassi like the original speculation.  That's why I think he'd be the fit for Furniture Row with that organization switching to Toyota next year and wanting to go to a two car team.  Bowyer is from the state next door, Kansas, comes with a sponsor, and now has a 4 year relationship with Toyota.

riccoar

Jayski is always the go to for info.  The speculation is he will go the low tier route aka Red Bull until a top tier develops, but Jayski was the one that said lots of garage talk about him and SHR and that Tony being 44.

berryhog

http://nascartalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/21/mwr-co-owner-says-organization-no-longer-commercially-viable/

Sounds like Kauffman was the real shot caller at  MWR and was tired of hemorrhaging money and shut it down.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: Flying Razorback on August 19, 2015, 08:00:38 pm

I think you're right.  They also got caught with jet fuel in their motors at their first race in 2007.  Not a good start.

And caught stealing a part from Jack Roush.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.