Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finishing the west side of RRS?

Started by twistitup, March 21, 2018, 07:06:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rljjr

Quote from: elksnort on March 22, 2018, 01:14:21 pm
I don't think I am giving any secrets away. In fact, I know I am not.

But a job which is pending for me is in fact Hwy. 112 from Hwy. 412 in Tontitown going north to Bentonville. Some of it will be expanding the existing highway and other part will be a road right of way. It is actually broken up in to two jobs. Hopefully, I am the one who is doing the initial search work. Well, I know I will be but don't like to get too giddy about upcoming work.

After 4 months of no work due to contract issues, I have work now. Thank goodness.

I digress. Back to west end facade issues....

Congrats on getting the work. I know what a relief it can be to have a paycheck coming in again!

twistitup

Why is Razorback Rd even open to the public? Close it down, block it off - finish the stadium, make it a street you can walk and drink with tailgating on both sides.

Kinda like Church St in Burlington VT, but with a stadium close by....Party, fun, go to the game - hope to see some good football and get quality concessions
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

nwahogfan1

Quote from: twistitup on March 22, 2018, 11:39:43 am
Is it wrong to ask for a finished stadium as we dump millions into expansion....expansion of an unfinished stadium?

Look at all the athletic facility improvements we've made in the past decade....but oooops we forgot to finish west side.

I understand it not looking complete and needing some facade on the west side to cover up those ugly beams but I love the North side expansion. I do not know if it was worth the expense or if we can afford it especially with so many staying home to watch on TV but it looks great especially on TV.  I also think it looks great to recruits and their family.   We look big time and with our new coaches recruiting I think we will be able to sign many of these big time recruits. 

Maybe in 10 years we can get the west side completed.

twistitup

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 23, 2018, 07:55:58 am
I understand it not looking complete and needing some facade on the west side to cover up those ugly beams but I love the North side expansion. I do not know if it was worth the expense or if we can afford it especially with so many staying home to watch on TV but it looks great especially on TV.  I also think it looks great to recruits and their family.   We look big time and with our new coaches recruiting I think we will be able to sign many of these big time recruits. 

Maybe in 10 years we can get the west side completed.

We look big time as long as you are careful to keep recruits away from the west side. It's like trying to sell a house and hoping the potential buyers don't look in the backyard because you didn't finish the deck and left the siding off.

We can do better....hopefully it does not take 10 years - it looks janky

nwahogfan1

Quote from: twistitup on March 23, 2018, 07:50:48 am
Why is Razorback Rd even open to the public? Close it down, block it off - finish the stadium, make it a street you can walk and drink with tailgating on both sides.

Kinda like Church St in Burlington VT, but with a stadium close by....Party, fun, go to the game - hope to see some good football and get quality concessions

I would think that would take city administrators and possible a vote of the people to permanently close a road.  But isn't it closed around the stadium on game days. I think rerouting would be great but expensive.

GuvHog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 23, 2018, 08:02:52 am
I would think that would take city administrators and possible a vote of the people to permanently close a road.  But isn't it closed around the stadium on game days. I think rerouting would be great but expensive.

That's a state Highway so the city doesn't have the authority to close it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

twistitup

Permanently close it....brick the entire area- make it part of the campus experience. It's too close to the stadium anyway - security risks galore.

Let's use it for prime tailgating area

opineonswine

Quote from: ricepig on March 22, 2018, 08:38:45 am
While it's a good idea, I don't think it has a leg to stand on. I could imagine the court cases from property owners over losing their land through imminent domain in order to make a stadium look better. Sounds like we need a federal highway through there, hopefully there aren't any fat pocketbook pearly mussels around.

I own a house in that neighborhood.  Trust me...the neighbors will vehemently oppose any encroachment/re-route.

Southpointhog

Quote from: twistitup on March 21, 2018, 08:11:33 pm
So....we just leave in incomplete?

That is some redneck shiite right there. Makes my brain hurt....gimme a drink.

You are annoying!

twistitup

Quote from: Southpointhog on March 23, 2018, 08:24:19 am
You are annoying!

The truth can be annoying, irritating, hard to handle...etc

Southpointhog

No...lets just changes it too...."move on and find something else to moan and groan about". But, still annoying!

twistitup

Quote from: Southpointhog on March 23, 2018, 08:31:54 am
No...lets just changes it too...."move on and find something else to moan and groan about". But, still annoying!

Cold Water

Hot Coffee

Finished Exterior

It's like a redneck checklist- is that too much to ask for?

I'm mean ....let's not play the lil ol Arkansas card now - not after the millions spent in the last decade.

We could write a song about it Southpoint

Inhogswetrust

It is open on game days for those with the appropriate parking pass designation as well as transit busses.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi