Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

23-12 right on Mike Anderson's career avg

Started by Atlhogfan1, March 16, 2018, 04:35:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

simon the squealot

Arkansas hired a guy with a .650 winning percentage and that's what he's delivered. Why did ARK expect him to win more at ARK than he did at Mizzou? Compared to his 2 predecessors he's so much better. Winning record in SEC and willing to play a much tougher non conf schedule. But ARK will never be an elite program under his leadership and philosophy. And recruiting Memphis just got harder with Ole Miss' hire. Yurachek is in a tough spot. Crowds came back this season. Talent at ARK HS level is better and Mike will get most of them. We'll have a 30-win season under Mike if he stays. Once. But there will be more 19-15 seasons probably to go with it. He needs to be less loyal to his current staff and adjust his philosophy to match today's game and I doubt he's willing to do either.

Deli Owl

At UK we stopped going to the football games to create change.  Took one year of minimal attendance to do it.  Not sure we are any better now but the fans created some change.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Deli Owl on March 27, 2018, 07:26:28 am
At UK we stopped going to the football games to create change.  Took one year of minimal attendance to do it.  Not sure we are any better now but the fans created some change.

Ticket sales will not drop close to the point to where it would affect Anderson's status.  Whether the tickets are actually used or not doesn't matter.  College basketball's decline has brought attendance decline.  Another area where we've had to lower our expectations. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 27, 2018, 08:38:36 am
Ticket sales will not drop close to the point to where it would affect Anderson's status.  Whether the tickets are actually used or not doesn't matter.  College basketball's decline has brought attendance decline.  Another area where we've had to lower our expectations. 

Exactly. As long as enough tickets are sold to "break even" in basketball and the administration is happy. They are happy now with crowds of 8-10K, which is really not bad considering what it is like most places in college basketball. Would be wonderful if we didn't have an arena built for almost 20K.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on March 27, 2018, 08:59:52 am
Exactly. As long as enough tickets are sold to "break even" in basketball and the administration is happy. They are happy now with crowds of 8-10K, which is really not bad considering what it is like most places in college basketball. Would be wonderful if we didn't have an arena built for almost 20K.

This season we had the largest actual attendance numbers we have had in nearly 15 years. Folks like you are a minority in terms of actual fan population. You just have a gathering spot to whine from the top of your lungs n this forum.

The program is becoming more and more relevant within our own fan base each year. It's only a matter of time until we regain favor outside the state's borders as well.

hogsanity

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 27, 2018, 11:05:38 am

The program is becoming more and more relevant within our own fan base each year. It's only a matter of time until we regain favor outside the state's borders as well.

Heard the same stuff after the 14/15 season, then they came out and laid the 16-16 egg in 15/16. If they slide back next year, especially with some early loses, you will see the crowds dwindle again.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

steveaustin69

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 27, 2018, 11:05:38 am
This season we had the largest actual attendance numbers we have had in nearly 15 years. Folks like you are a minority in terms of actual fan population. You just have a gathering spot to whine from the top of your lungs n this forum.

Maybe so. Arkansas is a pretty dumb state so wouldn't surprise me.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: hogsanity on March 27, 2018, 12:39:20 pm
Heard the same stuff after the 14/15 season, then they came out and laid the 16-16 egg in 15/16. If they slide back next year, especially with some early loses, you will see the crowds dwindle again.
Don't forget that coach Anderson has never had a losing record......look forward to another highly successful next 7 years
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

BannerMountainMan

So what im hearing is we are having many sellouts for the first time in 20 years and we want to start skipping games so a coach will be fired
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 27, 2018, 03:49:38 pm
So what im hearing is we are having many sellouts for the first time in 20 years and we want to start skipping games so a coach will be fired

It is not what you are "hearing" in this thread. 

We had many sellouts yet the highest attended game was Tennessee at 18,696?  1,200 people decided not to show up when we played A&M and UK?  This sellout story doesn't add up. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: porkinsons disease on March 27, 2018, 03:12:19 pm
Don't forget that coach Anderson has never had a losing record......look forward to another highly successful next 7 years

Having a winning record doesn't equal success in basketball.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 27, 2018, 03:58:34 pm
Having a winning record doesn't equal success in basketball.

I think that was sarcasm.

razorback1829

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 27, 2018, 03:53:54 pm
It is not what you are "hearing" in this thread. 

We had many sellouts yet the highest attended game was Tennessee at 18,696?  1,200 people decided not to show up when we played A&M and UK?  This sellout story doesn't add up.

UofA doesn't care as long as they got PAID for a sellout. And say what you want, MA has had very good attendance and it is rising.