Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gadget play for Saturday's game

Started by The OTR, October 16, 2017, 08:07:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

Legend has it in 1971 Richard Nixon drew up/called a play for the Redskins. If memory serves me it was a double reverse or some type of gadget play.  It also didn't work but that's not the point tonight.

There's a whole lot of folks in here who have all the answers.  All the answers.  I think those of you who think you're pretty smart, armchair coaches and quarterbacks, should draw up a gadget play to run on Gus on Saturday. I'll choose which play is best using criteria known only to me.  I will then ask someone connected such as Ward or ricepig or Wilson or Forrest City Joe or Mike Irwin or maybe Lanny himself to get this play to CBB on Thursday so they can work on the play and then use it either in a critical moment in the game or when all hope is lost.  I'd love to see Gus take his hat off and stomp on the ground at some type of chicanery and pull out his thinning hair over a play someone here came up with.  I believe this is the type of thing we need more of this season to keep fans interested in the games.

So here we go.  Draw it up, tell us how it works, and I'll be the judge and get this play into the right hands by Thursday.

Anything plays involving lobsters or jelly sandwiches will not be considered for this contest but if you have a recipe or food suggestion for the game Saturday either for us or the team feel free to share here as well.

The OTR

Quote from: Ward on October 16, 2017, 08:34:23 pm
tight end wing left

full house backfield

QB and backs roll left at the snap, TE runs a 8 yard out, and the WR (right side) runs a post route

wingback slips out to the right underneath everyone else rolling left

throw back to the wingback

Touchdown!

Okay that one isn't going to win so keep trying. 

East Clintwood

This team will need about 57 good gadget plays to have a chance for a win this weekend.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

The OTR

Cbb used to seem to like to run trick plays once in a while.  He's been pretty dull lately.   I guess losing will suck the fun out of you as a coach.

Boardon Hamsay

Fainting goat play. Let's face it, our special teams are better at creating the laughs anyway.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hogball58

I was calling these last year. Sosa as running back. Punt returns and kick offs. Go Hogs

Boardon Hamsay

After careful consideration, I'd like to change my gadget play from the "fainting goat" play to the "ugly kardashian" play. Specifically, this play is a tribute to OTR's (who some of you may recall, was the best basketball player Logan County ever produced) uncle Tugo Kardashian, who I believe was the inventor of this play.

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hoggish1

How about the swinging hate.  Do you know that one...?

threeNout

I'd use CK to soften up auburn's corners and safety, by running him on bootlegs and letting him punish whichever peep-squeak tries to tackle him.

Just let the guy make the tackle, just drive him into the ground real good in the process.

do that a few times, then start passing deep on them.

The OTR

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 16, 2017, 09:08:28 pm
After careful consideration, I'd like to change my gadget play from the "fainting goat" play to the "ugly kardashian" play. Specifically, this play is a tribute to OTR's (who some of you may recall, was the best basketball player Logan County ever produced) uncle Tugo Kardashian, who I believe was the inventor of this play.

Might be hard to beat this one, boys.  If you don't mind I'd like to name this place darrell's cat head biscuit play.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 08:44:47 pm
Cbb used to seem to like to run trick plays once in a while.  He's been pretty dull lately.   I guess losing will suck the fun out of you as a coach.

This is true. Bielema had a little more "spirit of adventure" in him awhile back. Of course, our teams were a little better awhile back.

onebadrubi

CK at Left Tackle, Ty Story at QB, and Austin Allen at running back.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Ragnow is probably our best player.  How about a few series of him running the wildhog with CK playing centet.

jgphillips3

My gadget play would be spreading the field with four receivers, or maybe go empty with 5 (or motion the RB out), put Cole in the Shotgun and let him hit the first semi-open guy.  Okay, that might not be a gadget play for most, but with our reluctance to do it when it best fits the talent and offensive line problems, it seems like a gadget play.

WaltonCollege

Best gadget might be for our whole team to get stuck in an elevator again so we won't have to play

The OTR

Quote from: WaltonCollege on October 16, 2017, 10:54:57 pm
Best gadget might be for our whole team to get stuck in an elevator again so we won't have to play

You're on the right track. If there was a way to lock Gus in a closet or have Tom Penders kidnap him and take him to Barnhill and trap in one of his tanning beds Penders would finally have earned his keep and it would be payback to Auburn for our coaches getting stuck in the elevator a few years ago and missing jelly sandwich time.

HoopS

Put our deep snapper back in the shotgun rear to the line, down in snapping position.

5 wide with the receivers, but make sure Yelda is one of them.

Snap it to the snapper. He then snaps it as far down the field as possible.

If I'm guessing right, they'll double or triple team Yelda.

We'll need Brett to pose in the titty twist position, think Waterboy. That'll distract the others.

That should leave Reggie Fish wide open. TD.

Red Snapper

younghog

Will probably do a stupid swinging gate just to show he can do it..

~waste.

Stick to slants, posts, tunnel screens, zone reads and ISO

go hogs
GO HOGS

Hogwild

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 10:03:36 pm
Might be hard to beat this one, boys.  If you don't mind I'd like to name this place darrell's cat head biscuit play.

Darrell's Fulminating Cat-Head Biscuit, and you got yourself a 2nd...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 17, 2017, 10:30:15 am
We need to execute our regular plays before even humoring gadget plays!

Do you piss on EVERY fire you see or, just MMQB?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Potosihog

We ran this one in Pee Wee football.  From watching our games so far this year it seemed appropriate.

It is called "Hey Coach.  This is the wrong ball"

jst01

Quote from: Potosihog on October 17, 2017, 11:22:51 am
We ran this one in Pee Wee football.  From watching our games so far this year it seemed appropriate.

It is called "Hey Coach.  This is the wrong ball"

did the offense huddle up 60 yards from the line of scrimmage??