Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This college basketball scandal should make us thankful we have Mike Anderson

Started by forrest city joe, September 27, 2017, 02:36:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

this college basketball scandal is just sickening to watch. want to know why Arkansas has not been getting some of these top recruits.now you see why. so all this stuff about Mike not being able to recruit was garbage.Miss.State is in big trouble. so is Auburn. and we all know what Cal is doing at KY.i am glad that college basketball has been busted.i think in the long run it will help schools like Arkansas.i hope they bust Cal and KY next.

BannerMountainMan

Now what if we would have fired Mike and gotten a coach and we might be in this scandal, thank goodness for such a great coach!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

rhog1

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 27, 2017, 02:36:44 pm
this college basketball scandal is just sickening to watch. want to know why Arkansas has not been getting some of these top recruits.now you see why. so all this stuff about Mike not being able to recruit was garbage.Miss.State is in big trouble. so is Auburn. and we all know what Cal is doing at KY.i am glad that college basketball has been busted.i think in the long run it will help schools like Arkansas.i hope they bust Cal and KY next.
You know Joe I got down on Mike Anderson last year and thought it was time for a change. Today I am thankful we have a coach who is doing it the right way. I am glad we have Mike Anderson running our program.

forrest city joe

Quote from: rhog1 on September 27, 2017, 02:44:14 pm
You know Joe I got down on Mike Anderson last year and thought it was time for a change. Today I am thankful we have a coach who is doing it the right way. I am glad we have Mike Anderson running our program.
I get it man,we all want to see the Hogs win big like we over 20 years ago.but to do that you have to have the players.and to get those players for the most part you have to be dirty.Nolan saw this coming over 20 years ago.the AAU corruption. the handlers. and the agents. it killed programs like Arkansas.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 27, 2017, 02:52:16 pm
I get it man,we all want to see the Hogs win big like we over 20 years ago.but to do that you have to have the players.and to get those players for the most part you have to be dirty.Nolan saw this coming over 20 years ago.the AAU corruption. the handlers. and the agents. it killed programs like Arkansas.

Well said. IIRC a former NC winning coach at Maryland Gary Williams quit over all the stuff going on like this. He hated the AAU and what it was doing to recruiting and such.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Tusks

I think MA is basically clean, but don't throw stones just yet.  All is takes is one little slip up from 3 years ago to mushroom into an incident.

Everything is going to be scrutinized now and I don't want picking up a tab at the catfish house to turn into a scandal.

I'm hoping everything turns out ok.  Nike is going to get hauled in next and anything can happen.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ShadowHawg

How involved was a guy like Coach Crawford in stuff like this? I know that he wasn't a bag man but I bet he scouted for and introduced players to the "pipeline".

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 27, 2017, 02:55:01 pm
How involved was a guy like Coach Crawford in stuff like this? I know that he wasn't a bag man but I bet he scouted for and introduced players to the "pipeline".

You are obviously hoping. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

rhog1

I really wonder how much the one and done rule/shoe companies getting involved had to do with the drop in Nolan's recruiting. You know he wouldn't have been willing to go down that rout recruiting.

forrest city joe

Quote from: tusked on September 27, 2017, 02:54:50 pm
I think MA is basically clean, but don't throw stones just yet.  All is takes is one little slip up from 3 years ago to mushroom into an incident.

Everything is going to be scrutinized now and I don't want picking up a tab at the catfish house to turn into a scandal.

I'm hoping everything turns out ok.  Nike is going to get hauled in next and anything can happen.
Let me put it to you this way. if Mike Anderson has been cheating.he has done a bad job of it.we have gotten no where near the talent of a KY.and Auburn and AL and for god sake. Miss.State has been out recruiting us in basketball. i am not worried one bit about Mike being a cheater. so bring it on.

NavarreHog

Let's hope this does get to UK because I'm sure they are involved. I bet Miss St is pooping kittens right now.

Kevin

don't be taking victory laps. this thing is just beginning. in the world of college basketball, most people have skeletons in their closet.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Wisco Pig

I'm with Tusked and Kevin, just watching and waiting to see how things shake out -- it's all most of us can ever do as fans anyway.

Joe makes a good point, though.   If Anderson's a cheat, he stinks at it.

forrest city joe

Show me anything in Mike's past that says he is a cheater.until someone shows me proof. i am going to say he is clean.and again let me say this. if he is cheating, he is doing one hell of a bad job of it.Mike Anderson is a good man. and i think he is clean.not worried about the FBI.it's guys like Cal and Roy Williams,who should be worried.they are dirty.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Wisco Pig on September 27, 2017, 03:50:57 pm
I'm with Tusked and Kevin, just watching and waiting to see how things shake out -- it's all most of us can ever do as fans anyway.

Joe makes a good point, though.   If Anderson's a cheat, he stinks at it.

Doobie Jenkins
Brachen Hazen
Gabe O.
the little point guard from Louisiana
not being able to fill all scholarships for 2 or 3 seasons
missing on most of their higher ranked targets and having to scramble (willie koussai)

Yeah, CMA is dirty as they come.
Hogs up! Covid down!

LR_Matt

It was Louisville implicated, not UK.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Kevin on September 27, 2017, 03:30:50 pm
don't be taking victory laps. this thing is just beginning. in the world of college basketball, most people have skeletons in their closet.

You can't even give MA props for being clean.

Pathetic

I thought you were going to skip basketball for baseball anyway?

Hogs49ers

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 30, 2017, 01:25:20 am

Pathetic

Haha! I do remember when he said that and you calling him on it. 

I agree, it really is pathetic.  I mean yes, obviously anyone in the country could be potentially cheating and could be worried as this investigation rolls on, but I do not know why anyone (whether you like MA or not) would possibly think we should "hold off, wait and see what happens, we could be part of this".  There is absolutely zero recruiting instances that should lead us to believe we have been cheating, quite the opposite actually, we seem to be on the losing end of major recruits where any money could be involved to swaying top recruits.  So for every one thinking we could be part of this, please back it up and let us know the recruits that you think we paid for.
SCREW Vandy!

Kevin

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 30, 2017, 01:25:20 am

Pathetic

not giving props or blasting him.

in this investigation, just one text, or email or phone call, could put anyone in the bulls eye.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Kevin on September 30, 2017, 04:18:43 pm
not giving props or blasting him.

in this investigation, just one text, or email or phone call, could put anyone in the bulls eye.

You wish.

This is a criminal investigation not a rules violation investigation. You really believe that MA or his staff are taking bribes? Seriously?

If you want to argue the staff could be breaking NCAA rules somewhere I wouldn't buck you at all because there are a lot of rules that have zero to do with criminal behavior.

This is an FBI investigation. The FBI is collecting evidence for criminal prosecution and they aren't simultaneously cross referencing NCAA rules for violations.

Simply put, unless you believe our staff is taking or funneling money there is literally nothing to see here.

Are you saying our coaches strike you as the kind of men you can see taking advantage of young men and their families for personal monetary or professional gain? Because that is what an email, text, or phone call will have to pertain to for your remarks to have merit.

Kevin

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 30, 2017, 04:52:29 pm
You wish.

This is a criminal investigation not a rules violation investigation. You really believe that MA or his staff are taking bribes? Seriously?

If you want to argue the staff could be breaking NCAA rules somewhere I wouldn't buck you at all because there are a lot of rules that have zero to do with criminal behavior.

This is an FBI investigation. The FBI is collecting evidence for criminal prosecution and they aren't simultaneously cross referencing NCAA rules for violations.

Simply put, unless you believe our staff is taking or funneling money there is literally nothing to see here.

Are you saying our coaches strike you as the kind of men you can see taking advantage of young men and their families for personal monetary or professional gain? Because that is what an email, text, or phone call will have to pertain to for your remarks to have merit.

pitino did not get fired for taking bribes. the ramifications of this investigation is widespread.

first of all, all programs break the rules. have you ever read the manual.  you break rules without knowing it is a rule.

or some programs just break small rules on purpose.

I have always compared it to jaywalking or murder. everyone jaywalks, few commit murder.

I think cma runs as clean of a program that can be run. do I think anything will come arkansas' way in this investigation, no

right now, there is no basketball program, that is out of the woods.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Kevin on September 30, 2017, 05:08:38 pm
pitino did not get fired for taking bribes. the ramifications of this investigation is widespread.

first of all, all programs break the rules. have you ever read the manual.  you break rules without knowing it is a rule.

or some programs just break small rules on purpose.

I have always compared it to jaywalking or murder. everyone jaywalks, few commit murder.

I think cma runs as clean of a program that can be run. do I think anything will come arkansas' way in this investigation, no

right now, there is no basketball program, that is out of the woods.

Pathetic

You just used equated our staff to a guy who screws his assistants wife on a table in a restaurant, runs a program that gets hookers for recruits, and although didn't take a bribe he did funnel money to a player's family. CRIMINAL ACTIVITY

Arkansas is not in a place of worry exactly because MA runs a clean program. The fact that you can't even let the man get his props on this subject and just be quiet says a lot about just how bitter you are toward the man.

Pathetic

Dominicanhog

Quote from: rhog1 on September 27, 2017, 02:44:14 pm

Good thing your not in charge..but we knew that before this event...

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 27, 2017, 02:57:17 pm
You are obviously hoping.

Hoping for what? I don't expect him to get arrested.

This type of thing has been common knowledge since the early 90's. Getting paid to scout wouldn't be illegal but it would be disappointing.

98hogs

Amen !

Fan701

There hasn't been a lot of mention on here about Alabama, but it seems very likely that Collin Sexton, a five-star recruit, was paid and will quite likely end up ineligible.  He may be just the tip of the iceberg at Alabama.  It now looks as though Avery Johnson's recruiting may have been too good to be true.