Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AR Hawks & Joe Johnson Elite

Started by Snout team, January 01, 2018, 04:11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 01, 2018, 04:11:25 pm
https://twitter.com/arhoopscoop/status/947926365482946561

More info on today's news that Joe Johnson Elite and the Arkansas Hawks have merged is here in this thread that I started on the Basketball Recruiting forum ...

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=654889.0

Nosboar Accubond

Joining forces... what's it mean for Hog crootin?

AlmaHog2011

Needed this for the Arkansas program. Somehow the Monks are worming their way into the AAU players in Arkansas. Don't know why central Arkansas is so accepting to Marcus for one. He is just doing it to send players to Kentucky and to make $$$$$ being a so called agent.

Hope the state's best don't go near any team involved with the Monk's. Surely they have AAU Basketball in Kentucky.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 01, 2018, 09:05:33 pm
Needed this for the Arkansas program. Somehow the Monks are worming their way into the AAU players in Arkansas. Don't know why central Arkansas is so accepting to Marcus for one. He is just doing it to send players to Kentucky and to make $$$$$ being a so called agent.

Hope the state's best don't go near any team involved with the Monk's. Surely they have AAU Basketball in Kentucky.
Meh. Not much.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

hogwood

This is great. The best career NBA player to ever be a Razorback joining forces with Bill Ingram who just sent 3 players to the Hogs in this class. Marcus Monk and Nick whats-his-nuts don't have jack on this combo.

VBMark

Obviously, I am missing something. Did the Monks get an "in" with the Wings?
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

LRHawg

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: hogwood on January 02, 2018, 09:00:40 am
This is great. The best career NBA player to ever be a Razorback joining forces with Bill Ingram who just sent 3 players to the Hogs in this class.
Ever hear of Sidney Moncrief?

EFBAB

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: hogwood on January 02, 2018, 09:00:40 am
This is great. The best career NBA player to ever be a Razorback joining forces with Bill Ingram who just sent 3 players to the Hogs in this class. Marcus Monk and Nick whats-his-nuts don't have jack on this combo.

Sidney Moncrief is without peer as far as razorback NBA players go.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

JayHog

I hate that almost all of the future best players in Arkansas are coming up with the Wings. (Ex: Moody, Doakes, etc)

PORKULATOR

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on January 02, 2018, 11:00:23 am
word
+1
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: JayHog on January 02, 2018, 11:15:48 am
I hate that almost all of the future best players in Arkansas are coming up with the Wings. (Ex: Moody, Doakes, etc)

We'll see. Here's the breakdown as it stands today ...

* C/o '19 ... Most of the best players in the '19 class are with the Hawks ... '19 Hog commit Justice Hill is the headliner, and '19 Hog recruit Tim Ceaser played for the Hawks last July (will be interesting to see if he remains with the Hawks this spring/summer, but as of now it appears he will).

* C/o '20 ... It's true Chris Moore and Gerald Doakes are with the Wings, and though Moody might end up with them, that's not been finalized. Also, Hog recruit  Khalen "KK" Robinson is with the Hawks.

* C/o '21 ... So much has been made about the '20 class, but '21 might actually be better. Jaylin Williams (6-9 out of Fort Smith) is technically c/o '20, but his age group is c/o '21 and he may end up re-classifying ... he plays for the Hawks. Jalen Ricks, Terran Williams, Ryan Maxwell, and Jordan Maxwell -- all 6-4 and talented -- play for the Hawks. Madison Peaster, 6-1 CG from LR, has not announced yet which program he will play for this spring/summer, but in 2017 he bounced around from the Hawks, to the Wings, to Joe Johnson Elite, to Team Superstar South.

claycohog

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on January 02, 2018, 11:00:23 am
Joe Johnson chuckles at that statement.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: claycohog on January 02, 2018, 04:42:43 pm
Joe Johnson chuckles at that statement.

5x All-Star
5x All-NBA
5x All-Defensive Team
2x NBA Defensive POY

vs.

7x All-Star
1 selection to the All-NBA team

Joe Johnson can chuckle all he wants. He is wrong.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on January 02, 2018, 05:38:44 pm
5x All-Star
5x All-NBA
5x All-Defensive Team
2x NBA Defensive POY

vs.

7x All-Star

This. I love JJ, but Moncrief was one of the best 5-10 players in the NBA consistently for 5 years when Magic, Bird, Kareem, Jordan, Isaiah, Olajuwon and other HOFers were excelling. His career was cut down way short due to knee injuries, but prior to that he was probably the best defender in the game and was really good/efficient on offense. Milwaukee retired his number.

When you ask former pros and NBA gurus the one name that should be HOF but may never reach it because of a shortened career, Moncrief is top of the list. JJ may end up HOF because of longevity that helped him get to 20k scoring and 20k-4k-4k in pts-rbs-asts -- that's elite stat company -- but he was never a GREAT of the game. He was really good for a long time, though, and that should count for something.So, I will be happy for him if he makes the HOF.

FaytownHog

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on January 02, 2018, 05:38:44 pm
5x All-Star
5x All-NBA
5x All-Defensive Team
2x NBA Defensive POY

vs.

7x All-Star

Moncrief has the defensive stats but on offense you've got
Moncrief at 11,931 career points vs
Johnson at 20,132 and counting.