Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RIP, Dick Enberg

Started by PonderinHog, December 22, 2017, 08:07:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

DoubleReedHawgCaller

He was 82. The guy was legendary in the sports broadcasting world.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Inhogswetrust

Only three minutes after another thread................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Johnny Bobo

he enjoyed handing out awards at the Little All American football banquets

not "too good" to associate with the not-famous

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 22, 2017, 08:19:31 am
Only three minutes after another thread................

competing Dick Enberg threads

he would probably like that

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on December 22, 2017, 08:23:43 am
competing Dick Enberg threads

he would probably like that

I'm doubtful he was the attention craving type. At least that's was my opinion of him and one reason why I liked him, he seemed humble, as well as he did a great job.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 22, 2017, 08:25:55 am

I'm doubtful he was the attention craving type. At least that's was my opinion of him and one reason why I liked him, he seemed humble, as well as he did a great job.

agreed - I meant he would love the competition part

The OTR

jswineberiaskirk

He, McGuire, and Packer were the best at doing college BB ever. Also coincided with the glory days of the triplets. For those who wonder why Slobberin' Hog must return go watch some tape.

McKdaddy

Met him at the UA v NC game in PB in '84. I don't recall much about it since I was only 11, but Dad said he was more than kind to us.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Vantage 8 dude

I always thought he was one of the better announcers back "during the day". He always seemed to be a gentleman; however, I obviously wouldn't know for sure.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on December 22, 2017, 01:55:09 pm
He, McGuire, and Packer were the best at doing college BB ever. Also coincided with the glory days of the triplets. For those who wonder why Slobberin' Hog must return go watch some tape.

McGuire maybe but Packer is/was and always has been an ACC guy.

ImHogginIt

He called all three of my Cowboys Super Bowls in the 90's and my Cardinals World Series win in 1982. RIP Mr. Enberg