Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou is next.....need to kick

Started by Dirty, January 25, 2014, 07:49:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty

onebadrubi

I think we have to sweep Mizzou this year to even be thought off for the tourney

cardsNhogs

I've watched several Mizzou games they lack size and will stay close only if Brown and Clarkson go off. They are not very good IMO

Dirty

Frank the midget is the one I can't stand!

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 25, 2014, 08:02:48 pm
I've watched several Mizzou games they lack size and will stay close only if Brown and Clarkson go off. They are not very good IMO

Neither was aTm, according to most.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

hawgmasta

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on January 25, 2014, 08:07:25 pm
Neither was aTm, according to most.

That's exactly what I am afraid of. There always seems to be a guard or big forward that goes off when we play.

cardsNhogs

Hoggish1

Yes, we have an overwhelming need to do that.  (It's like when a Yak births a calf...)

FaytownHog

Georgia beat them AT mizzou! But then again, with MA being here, they will always be pumped up to try and beat us.

mizzouman

FaytownHog

Quote from: mizzouman on January 25, 2014, 10:24:47 pm
Hogs win at home by at least 15.
And probably lose by about the same margin in their house.

BadHog

Make it two consecutive games of kicking some tiger balls!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

razorbackchamps94

slobberinhog

I hope that Mizzou chick from CMA's presser is happy.

AF74Razorback

This team has actually played up to their opponents but to expect that players like Portis and Kingsley are there yet is kind of unrealistic.   That said,  they are getting it and hopefully enough to sneak into the big dance and cause some major trouble.  That right there will be getting to the next level and we have to make these guys feel it.   For all of you who were shooters in any venue know this.

Negative karma can be actually a very hard hill to climb.   Die-hard fans may be the difference while whiny children will continue to plunder.
Love the Razorbacks and disdain fair weather fans.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 25, 2014, 08:26:31 pm
We would destroy A&M in BWA

That's what people said about College Station as well.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on January 26, 2014, 05:42:52 am
That's what people said about College Station as well.

You know, a LOT of fans point at this loss, but that same A&M team went to the Vols place and left with a W.
Maybe the SEC isn't as down this year in basketball as many had thought in the pre season?
Up until yesterday, we've had as tough of a conference schedule as any team currently in the SEC.
I think that by having to play that tough stretch, it will help our young and maturing team and could possibly pay huge dividends for us as the season plays out.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 26, 2014, 07:23:55 am
You know, a LOT of fans point at this loss, but that same A&M team went to the Vols place and left with a W.
Maybe the SEC isn't as down this year in basketball as many had thought in the pre season?
Up until yesterday, we've had as tough of a conference schedule as any team currently in the SEC.
I think that by having to play that tough stretch, it will help our young and maturing team and could possibly pay huge dividends for us as the season plays out.

I agree with you; just pointing out some of the unrealistic prognostications provided by so many of the HV faithful. 

The prevailing logic seems to be: "Since Sam Houston beat North Texas by 30, and since NTU beat aTm by 20, then we (given our tremendous road performance history and superior basketball knowledge and talent) should fully be expected to blow aTm out be at least 70."  Sure, it's always a good thing to trust in the ability of 18-20 year olds.

Guess that's why we are called 'fans'  ;)

dgfclt

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 25, 2014, 08:00:10 pm
I think we have to sweep Mizzou this year to even be thought off for the tourney

I see a split coming between these two teams.

mhuff

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 25, 2014, 08:00:10 pm

We can't go in thinking that we are going to win or lose a game. You have to go out there and have a game plan to win every game. A good coach gives his team a chance to win..... home or away.

mbgrulz

Quote from: mhuff on January 27, 2014, 12:57:37 pm
We can't go in thinking that we are going to win or lose a game. You have to go out there and have a game plan to win every game. A good coach gives his team a chance to win..... home or away.
I agree, and we were well within position to win @UT and @UGA.

nextlevel

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

dgfclt

Quote from: Dirty on January 27, 2014, 08:37:01 pm
Love it!  LOL!

Yet UA has only been to 3 more ncaa tournaments and hold a one game lead in the all time series.  That in the SWC and SEC both worse basketball conferences than the Big 8, Big 12.

Dirty

Quote from: dgfclt on January 28, 2014, 01:26:02 pm
Yet UA has only been to 3 more ncaa tournaments and hold a one game lead in the all time series.  That in the SWC and SEC both worse basketball conferences than the Big 8, Big 12.

1994 National Champions!

Nuff said!

dgfclt

Quote from: Dirty on January 28, 2014, 01:31:19 pm
1994 National Champions!

Nuff said!

No doubt and many more final fours.  When it counted the hogs came through.  I was surprised by the 1 game difference in all time head to head records.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.