Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

update on LB target thomas johnston from al.com

Started by monty hawg, January 11, 2017, 02:45:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Anyone else see the positive in that link? Or is it just me ? 😳🤔
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on January 15, 2017, 09:19:28 pm

Just you, I don't think we've been by to see him in awhile. If we go to see him before the 25th, then we at least still have our hat on the table, lol.

parallaxpig

It's all you
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

King Kong

It's appears this ship has sailed

Oklahawg

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626011.0

Appears we are right at 85 right now, and are still recruiting for 2-4 spots. Might not have room for another LB given the needs elsewhere.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Scott7703

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 15, 2017, 11:35:22 pm
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626011.0

Appears we are right at 85 right now, and are still recruiting for 2-4 spots. Might not have room for another LB given the needs elsewhere.

We should have room for as many quality defenses players as we can get.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

colbs

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 16, 2017, 07:54:38 am

We should have room for as many quality defenses players as we can get.
With only 4 more spots left it looks like they are focusing on DB and DL.  If they miss on some of their targets they might take him.

Scott7703

Quote from: colbs on January 16, 2017, 09:11:48 am
With only 4 more spots left it looks like they are focusing on DB and DL.  If they miss on some of their targets they might take him.

Oh I know what they are looking at but in my opinion we are "reaching" on defensive lineman and I'd prefer we take quality across the board over taking bodies. Didn't work out so well last year when we took offensive lineman just to hit a number.

parallaxpig

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 16, 2017, 09:21:31 am

Oh I know what they are looking at but in my opinion we are "reaching" on defensive lineman and I'd prefer we take quality across the board over taking bodies. Didn't work out so well last year when we took offensive lineman just to hit a number.

To that point Michael Epley is now in the mix.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

ricepig

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 16, 2017, 09:26:51 am
To that point Michael Epley is now in the mix.

We have these uncommitted guys coming in during the next two weeks, Calloway, Young, Epley, Kujawa, Stewart, and Byrant. The last two are mid-week guys that long shots, and I didn't put Curl on the list as he will be committed to somewhere, hopefully it us.

I guess depending on how this weekend goes, there could be more.

colbs

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 09:37:55 am
We have these uncommitted guys coming in during the next two weeks, Calloway, Young, Epley, Kujawa, Stewart, and Byrant. The last two are mid-week guys that long shots, and I didn't put Curl on the list as he will be committed to somewhere, hopefully it us.

I guess depending on how this weekend goes, there could be more.
What's Kujawa first name?  I guess I missed that he was visiting and was trying to look up his recruiting profile.

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on January 16, 2017, 09:52:54 am
What's Kujawa first name?  I guess I missed that he was visiting and was trying to look up his recruiting profile.

Tommy?? He's from Wisconsin and best I can tell, he doesn't have one, maybe a preferred walk on?

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5368415/580e6877688ec234fc9a0531

hawginbigd1

It may not be all you but I don't want him so I don't want to see any positive. His teammate I would take, him I would take as a preferred walk-on.

Oklahawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 16, 2017, 11:10:41 am
It may not be all you but I don't want him so I don't want to see any positive. His teammate I would take, him I would take as a preferred walk-on.

Kid has an offer to Auburn at FB, so I don't think he'll come to UA as a preferred walk-on.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Epley appears to be a full-qualifier who is either a "4 to play 3" or a "4 to play 4" guy. Not sure, but that is what it looks like. Signed with SMU but went to JUCO for one year and is now looking at Arkansas. If he played, is is 4 to play 3, if he redshirted he is 4 to play 4.

Not sure what to say beyond that.

EDIT: Ricepig correctly reads his highlight page and he is not a 4/3 or 4/4 player. He is a traditional JUCO player.

Oklahawg

Kujawa has decent looking highlights but you do not know about the competition. He is reasonably big, does not have a lot of wiggle (but at his size that doesn't surprise me), but does seem to outrun quite a few players.

I would presume he is being looked at as another LB for the 3-4. Looks Brooks Ellis-ish to me. That is both good and not-so-good: if he could sustain or even improve speed and add 30 pounds fantastic. I don't know if that is possible.

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 16, 2017, 01:06:08 pm
Epley appears to be a full-qualifier who is either a "4 to play 3" or a "4 to play 4" guy. Not sure, but that is what it looks like. Signed with SMU but went to JUCO for one year and is now looking at Arkansas. If he played, is is 4 to play 3, if he redshirted he is 4 to play 4.

Not sure what to say beyond that.

Uh, don't think so, he signed with SMU in 2014.

http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Epley-13276?PlayerInstitution=152382

Oklahawg

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 16, 2017, 01:12:35 pm
Nice catch. I edited my post above.

Well, you need to edit some more, haha. He's been out of high school 3 years, so unless he's been bagged groceries for a couple, he has 2 to play 2.