Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AA great things to come?

Started by Dirttrackhog, September 04, 2016, 01:12:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigasaurus

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 04, 2016, 07:22:40 pm
I can't wait to see what he can do when he isn't running for his life on every play.

Surely some rollouts and shotgun schemes are coming.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

TebowHater

IF we can protect he is going to tear TCU to shreds...and he is going to have to.

We need Kenny to make some bad decisions and we can win.

hogman99

Quote from: TebowHater on September 04, 2016, 07:52:13 pm
IF we can protect he is going to tear TCU to shreds...and he is going to have to.

We need Kenny to make some bad decisions and we can win.

That's a big IF

TebowHater

Quote from: hogman99 on September 04, 2016, 07:53:31 pm
That's a big IF

Agree...hopefully we can
1.) Simplify Fro's responsibilities...just have him like fill a gap
2.) Have a better scouting report on TCU's blitz schemes, since they have played a game. I think CBB said La Tech was throwing a lot of things we had never seen before, which did not bode well for Fro who didn't know what he was doing even when they were not blitzing.

hogman99

Maybe CBB should have spent less time on reality shows and more time preparing for those new looks. In other words better preparation.

TebowHater

Quote from: hogman99 on September 04, 2016, 08:05:42 pm
Maybe CBB should have spent less time on reality shows and more time preparing for those new looks. In other words better preparation.

Unless you think he is psychic then this is just silly.

1. La Tech had never run these schemes before; they're new for this year...he could have watched every play they ran for the last 4 years and it wouldn't have made a difference.

2. Do you really think CBB does the show for his own pleasure? Do you honestly think that he likes to spend the limited amount of time with his wife with cameras around? He is doing that because he thinks it will help us recruit. Maybe it is fun for him, but that is not why he is doing it...now, whether it actually helps or not is another debate...

Pigasaurus

Quote from: TebowHater on September 04, 2016, 08:31:42 pm
Unless you think he is psychic then this is just silly.

1. La Tech had never run these schemes before; they're new for this year...he could have watched every play they ran for the last 4 years and it wouldn't have made a difference.

2. Do you really think CBB does the show for his own pleasure? Do you honestly think that he likes to spend the limited amount of time with his wife with cameras around? He is doing that because he thinks it will help us recruit. Maybe it is fun for him, but that is not why he is doing it...now, whether it actually helps or not is another debate...

Good point on #2.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

sadhogfan

BA started three years for us, and made marked improvement every year: he was bad as a sophomore, mediocre-slightly above average as a junior, and outstanding last year.

With AA, it's hard to tell with only one real game of evidence, but comparing him to his older brother, it is clear that he is behind BA last year (as was every other QB in Razorback history), but ahead of where BA was as a sophomore.

It is unclear to me if so far where AA is compared to BA as a junior.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Pig
We will need to play ball control offense next week against a good defense.
/quote

41 vs SDSU is a good D?

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: TebowHater on September 04, 2016, 07:55:33 pm
Agree...hopefully we can
1.) Simplify Fro's responsibilities...just have him like fill a gap
2.) Have a better scouting report on TCU's blitz schemes, since they have played a game. I think CBB said La Tech was throwing a lot of things we had never seen before, which did not bode well for Fro who didn't know what he was doing even when they were not blitzing.

Seems every team we play always does things we've never seen before...

razorbackkid

Austin Allen won his first game as a starter for Arkansas.  He made some mistakes and the Oline did not give him a lot of help.

Both he and the Oline will get better each game.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

FreshHog

Lmao... Youre so clueless. Maybe if you spent less time posting stuff on forums you'd be the head coach of a power 5 conference school of your own.

lefty08

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 04, 2016, 10:41:32 pm
Seems every team we play always does things we've never seen before...

Do you think we will do the same things we did against LA Tech?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HOGINTENNESSEE

His prep is way better than your posts

PorkRinds

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on September 04, 2016, 02:58:37 pm
I'm right there with you. It's frustrating knowing we couldve easily blew this team out with the amount of WIDE OPEN receivers we had but AA just stared down one receiver and didn't once go through his progressions. Then our OL. Am I the only one worried about Froholdt at G? This kid was so boosted up and praised but he was the main one lost out there completely missing his blocking assignments. I really hope alot was just first game jitters. Still glad we got the W though

Didn't once go through his progressions huh? Hard to take anything you said after that very seriously to be honest.

phadedhawg

He's a junior so a lot is expected of him but there's no substitute for experience.   There are just some things you need to see to understand.  When he gets his feet under him I expect him to be able to deliver routinely

Theolesnort

Quote from: Dirttrackhog on September 04, 2016, 01:12:36 pm
I was actually quite impressed with this kid yesterday.  Obviously he has several things to work on (pocket presence, staring down receivers) but the Oline didnt help much either.  Now that he has an actual game under his belt and Enos has more to work with hopefully we will see vast and quick improvement. The kid has an absolute laser for an arm and showed he can have deadly accuracy.
Staring down receivers? Well seemed to me all he had time to look for was his primary receiver and non for going through his progressions. OK, I indulged in a little hyperbole there but he will get better once the pass blocking comes together after we establish the run and make them respect play action.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Razor1997

AA just needs more protection, and I think Froholdt will get it fixed soon.  He certainly has huge athletic potential, and with him being a guy of Germanic heritage like myself, I'm sure he's a natural-born engineer who is good at figuring out how things work given just a little time and experience.  Things like buildings, machines, bridges, and pass protection.  He'll get there, trust me.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Theolesnort on September 05, 2016, 10:13:49 am
Staring down receivers? Well seemed to me all he had time to look for was his primary receiver and non for going through his progressions. OK, I indulged in a little hyperbole there but he will get better once the pass blocking comes together after we establish the run and make them respect play action.

Exactly.

010HogFan

Progressions don't happen when D-linemen are breathing down your neck all game.

bphi11ips

It depends on how you define "great things".  If BA was great last year, then AA has a good shot to be as good or better.  If wins are what you're looking for, then AA may surpass BA's junior and senior win total.  But if conference championships define "great things", he has a tough row to hoe. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.