Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would Bielema Step Down...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, August 11, 2017, 11:09:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

greenie

Hard to remember a time when our program was healthier and/or better managed.

RME

August 11, 2017, 02:52:20 pm #51 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:04:06 pm by RyanMallettsEgo
Quote from: Danimal on August 11, 2017, 02:33:05 pm
Curiousity has gotten the best of me (I'm not a twitter guy) -- what did it say?

Bielema posted eulogistic Tweet about Pat Gazzola. Drew Morgan responded about praying for them. Michael EDavis responds to Morgan that it's "too late for prayers." Drew, the class act that he is, responds that he'll pray for EDavis as well.

I'm a 25-year-old guy and I abhor the sense of empowerment that social media gives to some people.

Wildhog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 11, 2017, 02:52:20 pm
Bielema posted eulogistic Tweet about Pat Gazzola. Drew Morgan responded about praying for them. Michael EDavis responds to Morgan that it's "too late for prayers." Drew, the class act that he is, responds that he'll pray for EDavis as well.

I'm a 25-year-old guy and I abhor the sense of empowerment that social media gives to some people.

Wow.   The internet is full of seriously messed up people.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Danimal

Pat was a close friend of my family for a lot of years. Making an agenda driven statement like that under such circumstances is about as classless as it gets. Doing so says a lot more about himself than it says about any coach -- pathetic...

Wildhog

Quote from: Danimal on August 11, 2017, 03:08:03 pm
Pat was a close friend of my family for a lot of years. Making an agenda driven statement under such circumstances is about as classless as it gets. Doing so says a lot more about himself than it says about any coach -- pathetic...

Agreed. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Michael_E_Davis

I thanked Drew Morgan for the prayer.  However,  nothing has changed yet.  I'm still waiting.  : )
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

hawgwash

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on August 11, 2017, 12:08:08 pm
It isn't a comment.  It was a question as it was stated.  As I wrote, if you would have bothered to read,  that a person on sports talk brought this possibility up.  I didn't come up with it.  I was just curious other people's opinions on it.
I did read it before I posted.  Thought it sounded like a comment.  Just to make sure, I read it again.  It's a comment.

Danimal

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on August 11, 2017, 03:30:37 pm
I thanked Drew Morgan for the prayer.  However,  nothing has changed yet.  I'm still waiting.  : )
Oh, I've a feeling the day will come....  ;)

woodrow hog call

I'm curious to know how you can tell "nothing has changed yet" ?

Drew wasn't praying to bring Pat back from the dead, he would be praying for the comfort, peace, and blessings, of the good Lord to visit the family and give them strength to get through this difficult time. How do you know that hasn't happened?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

GolfnHog

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on August 11, 2017, 02:01:04 pm
It was sports talk radio that was talking about it.  I was just relaying what they were talking about to get opinions on what they were saying. I don't know how many times I am going to have to say this.  People seem to have reading problems around here.

here's a thought. just because you hear something that ranks at the level of stupid do you really think it's worth relaying  so you and your "question" can get blasted?
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

GolfnHog

Not necessarily true. You, without doubt, have gained Summer Eve's status among folks that respect people and their contribution to life.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Boarsnest

Pat was a close friend of my family for a lot of years. Making an agenda driven statement like that under such circumstances is about as classless as it gets. Doing so says a lot more about himself than it says about any coach -- pathetic...

This^^^

Danimal

August 11, 2017, 04:51:11 pm #63 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:17:13 pm by Danimal
Quote from: GolfnHog on August 11, 2017, 04:31:20 pm
Not necessarily true. You, without doubt, have gained Summer Eve's status among folks that respect people and their contribution to life.
This. And I can't help but laugh at the guy's signature line quote, because his own words and actions prove that he has no idea what it actually means. Comedy gold...

Hawgphat

There are Razorback fans of almost every personality type, with widely-varying perspectives and opinions regarding what constitutes success - - and "the right path" toward that success.

It is my unfounded, non provable belief that many - - if indeed not most - - Razorback fans genuinely want to see the Razorbacks AND CBB succeed.  The relative patience level of many Razorback fans- along with their related QUESTIONABLE faith in the commitment level of The Razorback Powers That Be and their OWN inherent, deep-seated fear of forevermore being cast in the shadow of the all-powerful, dominant SEC programs  is the impetus fueling this obsession with Bielema's tenure, IMHO.  However, - - - I have been wrong before.  I might very well be wrong again in regard to this issue. I'm just typing my take on it.

greenie

x100

What sort of heartless idiot gives that kind of response to someone offering a prayer of comfort...on a Twitter feed likely full of people who knew Pat.  Big time loser with an anti-religion ax to grind, or possibly an ill-timed attempt at humor?  Either way, stupid.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 11, 2017, 02:35:05 pm
Ban bet? I'll take 9 and over.
that's what i'm talking about. Where you at, Chode Red?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

daprospecta

You have to remember that CBB is relatively young in coaching years.  He hasn't been great here but he hasn't been bad either.  I doubt he'd want to ride it out for a few million when he could leave here and most would view it as it didn't work. He could still rebound at a P5 still under those conditions.  You stay around just because a buyout and you look worse the next year, you may have to start lower and work your way back up again.

Iwastherein1969

People, for some reason resign from jobs making them around 5 million per year all the time. It's a common occurrence. The musings of the original post is far and away the most ignorant and yes, the stupidest question I've seen posed on Hogville in my 9 years on this board.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: daprospecta on August 11, 2017, 05:20:24 pm
You have to remember that CBB is relatively young in coaching years.  He hasn't been great here but he hasn't been bad either.  I doubt he'd want to ride it out for a few million when he could leave here and most would view it as it didn't work. He could still rebound at a P5 still under those conditions.  You stay around just because a buyout and you look worse the next year, you may have to start lower and work your way back up again.
Petrino built a top shelf program here. Hell even Hootie had his moments at the UA. Bielema would be conceding that he just cannot "cut it" at a school which has facilities that not many schools outside the SEC can even come close to matching. Petrino and yes even Nutt did MUCH MORE with less if CBB would hit the bricks after a losing season. Yes he could get a job, but not one on the level of the one he has now. Not even remotely close. Some schools like Wyoming, FAU, Tulane, etc would hire him, but not an institution which could be considered top 50.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 11, 2017, 05:22:32 pm
People, for some reason resign from jobs making them around 5 million per year all the time. It's a common occurrence. The musings of the original post is far and away the most ignorant and yes, the stupidest question I've seen posed on Hogville in my 9 years on this board.

Again, we have the reading comprehension problem that seems to be quite rampant today. This was discussed on Sports Talk Radio.  I did not come up with the question.  However,  I guess it was relevant enough to be of subject on the radio show.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

PorkRinds

AYSM? Who does that?

tophawg19

Has anyone bothered to look at what returns for the next season We lose very few SR's in the 2 deep . Although we lose Allen, both Storey and Kelly have a lot of time under Enos so it's not like a new Qb. they have an advantage even over Austin who only had a season before becoming a starter . That looks like the season to me that we really make a run at the top
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

AirWarren

I've always thought coach B would step down before he was fired. He comes across as a coach that wants to win and hates losing. Now that the baby is here and maternity care is t an issue, I wouldn't be surprised if he went on to a better program if he indeed continues to struggle.

I hope he wins. I like coach B and what he the stability he has brought to us. He also seems to fit in as an Arkansas boy. I hope this is the year we make some noise. 

Danimal

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 11, 2017, 08:22:20 pm
AYSM? Who does that?
Miserable trolls. Ones that use catchy Buddhist quotes for their signature line on Hogville, but then remove it when someone points out what an oxymoron it is given their own actions.

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

GoHogs1091

Why would he voluntarily step down when he knows he will have one more year here?

He probably knows that if he leaves here either voluntarily or non-voluntarily (firing) that his future employment possibilities will be either a Defensive Coordinator position in the Little 8/Ohio State & Michigan Conference, or a Head Coach position in the Sun Belt Conference.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: greenie on August 11, 2017, 05:12:49 pm
x100

What sort of heartless idiot gives that kind of response to someone offering a prayer of comfort...on a Twitter feed likely full of people who knew Pat.  Big time loser with an anti-religion ax to grind, or possibly an ill-timed attempt at humor?  Either way, stupid.

I'm anti religion but believe it was very classless, stupid and even it it was an attempt at humor those are not the times to try to be funny. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NotSoFastMyFriend

OP = troll trash. Not even a convincing attempt either. Brought his "D" game and showed his "A".

jkstock04

Why would he step down? He's got at least one more guaranteed year. That's one more guaranteed year of millions of dollars. That's gotta be nice to know that no matter what happens you are still in line for millions the following year.

I'll say this to the OP though. Jeff Long will NEVER fire Bielema for a lack of winning games...that won't happen. It would have to be a scandal and a bad one at that for him to publicly fire him. If and when it goes down it'll be like the Houston Nutt deal, writing on the wall but we will let you move on with grace.

Personally I think all Bielema has to do in order to stay here (win/loss wise) indefinitely is win 6 games regular season/year. The administration and most fans honestly are happy with the "stability" of the program as it stands.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

bythelake

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 11, 2017, 11:17:57 pm
Why would he step down? He's got at least one more guaranteed year. That's one more guaranteed year of millions of dollars. That's gotta be nice to know that no matter what happens you are still in line for millions the following year.

I'll say this to the OP though. Jeff Long will NEVER fire Bielema for a lack of winning games...that won't happen. It would have to be a scandal and a bad one at that for him to publicly fire him. If and when it goes down it'll be like the Houston Nutt deal, writing on the wall but we will let you move on with grace.

Personally I think all Bielema has to do in order to stay here (win/loss wise) indefinitely is win 6 games regular season/year. The administration and most fans honestly are happy with the "stability" of the program as it stands.

What a dumb $&!?.

rlamb

How do any of you all feel he will ever have a consistent 9-3 record here is beyond me?
1. The last 2 games of the season are full warnings that he doesn't have control of the team.
2. His other coaching lapses against Toledo, A&M a couple of times, the last second loss to
3. LSU his first year here when he went into the sure to lose prevent defense.
4. His rep of being an NFL developer of offensive linemen has failed it appears.
5. His inability to hire top-flight assistant coaches?
6. Tying into point #1 is the fact he doesn't have a "killer" instinct when putting the opp-
    isition away like our own Barry Switzer and Jimmy Johnson?
7. And last but not least, the man just seems flat dumb and stupid when the cameras pan
    in on him during games.  No excitement or anger, just the old "deer in the headlights"
    look!

Danimal

Quote from: Danimal on August 11, 2017, 09:27:27 pm
Miserable trolls. Ones that use catchy Buddhist quotes for their signature line on Hogville, but then remove it when someone points out what an oxymoron it is given their own actions.
But then puts it back up this morning after seeing my above comment -- LOLOLOL. For what it's worth, from now on I won't even bother to click on a thread started by the OP. You sir, are simply not worthy of my time -- Namaste..

AirWarren

Quote from: greenie on August 11, 2017, 05:12:49 pm
x100

Sad how people attack people for praying for comfort during a tough time in life.

Must be sad to be so void of human emotion.

jkstock04

Quote from: bythelake on August 11, 2017, 11:27:08 pm
What a dumb $&!?.
This coming from the guy that claims the Petrino years were miserable while the Bielema years have been awesome. That's rich.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys