Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scarblog: Does this Alabama football team have a discipline problem?

Started by jbcarol, September 29, 2016, 06:30:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/KevinScarbinsky/status/781610349363601409

QuoteMaybe the arresting officer was a transplanted LSU fan still angry that Baton Rouge native Tim Williams chose to play his college football at Alabama. You never know where you might encounter an unhappy Tiger with a badge and a grudge.

Or maybe Williams just stopped at a Tuscaloosa Publix after midnight in search of a snack because he was famished from spending time at an open-all-night shooting range.

We know target practice is a popular pastime. Even Les Miles told us the other day, "I enjoy shooting the gun. I don't necessarily like pointing it at animals."

Whatever it is, there's probably a perfectly reasonable explanation why Williams, who's less than a year away from a big NFL payday, just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time early Thursday morning when he got arrested and charged with carrying a pistol without a permit.

Maybe it was all Brandon Chicken's fault.

The arrest of Williams smells a lot like the May arrest of Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones in Monroe, La.

As is Saban's goal in these matters, those consequences, which included ride-alongs with the Tuscaloosa police and drug education.

As is Saban's preference in these matters, those consequences did not include the loss of any playing time.

Never mind that a lot of coaches and parents will tell you the most effective form of discipline/punishment is to take away something that really matters from your players or your children. It's hard to find something that means more to a college football player than playing time.

The lack of it often leads players to leave one school for another in search of it. See Blake Barnett.

Saban often argues differently.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol