Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 01:05:36 am

Les

Started by ap89, September 25, 2016, 03:49:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ap89

ballz2thewall

i see a few sites confirming this. cameron is gone, too.
The rest of the frog.

Danny J

Damn...please let them hire anybody but Herman...BP or Briles...please dear Lord let them hire a "who?"

Danny J

Terrible News FOR US

ricepig

Yep, been in the SEC Forum for awhile, mods are moving them so fast, they mess you up.

Hog N Bama

Was hoping they would keep rocks for brains forever

KlubhouseKonnected

We might be in a whole lotta trouble folks
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hobhog

Quote from: Danny J on September 25, 2016, 03:52:25 pm
Damn...please let them hire anybody but Herman...BP or Briles...please dear Lord let them hire a "who?"

Herman maybe. Others no way....

Beaverfever

Quote from: Danny J on September 25, 2016, 03:52:55 pm
Terrible News FOR US
Ehhh I hope LSU is dumb enough to fire Miles mid-season after the charade they pulled last offseason.  They need to wait and let him "retire" when the season is over.  I think they could have trouble luring a great coach after their handling of the Miles situation. 

ADavisTheGOAT

Devin White and Kristian Fulton should have came here 100%.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Bogghawg

Orgeron to move from D-Line coach to head position interim.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Beaverfever on September 25, 2016, 03:55:02 pm
Ehhh I hope LSU is dumb enough to fire Miles mid-season after the charade they pulled last offseason.  They need to wait and let him "retire" when the season is over.  I think they could have trouble luring a great coach after their handling of the Miles situation. 

Doubtful. If you are going to fire someone do it quickly that way you have a lot of time to find the right person to replace him. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

KlubhouseKonnected

Hope the bring in Cutty Sark, scared they bring in Briles...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hobhog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 25, 2016, 03:59:25 pm
Hope the bring in Cutty Sark, scared they bring in Briles...

Briles still radioactive

jbcarol

Randy Rosetta ‏@RandyRosetta 1h1 hour ago

A well written outside perspective from Cecil Hurt | End of Les Miles at LSU isn't a happy time https://alabama.rivals.com/news/hurt-end-of-les-miles-at-lsu-isn-t-a-happy-time ...

QuoteLes Miles, the LSU coach, was fired Sunday, less than 24 hours (according to normal time-keeping) after his LSU team seemingly won, then lost upon further review, in a madhouse environment. It's wasn't just losing to Auburn that cost Miles his job. He'd been high on the hot-seat watch list since last year, when a group of boosters had AD Joe Alleva convinced to cut Miles loose but couldn't finish the deal because of Miles' popular support.

A lesson was learned, though, as watchers of "The Wire" could tell you. "You come at the king, you best not miss."

Certainly, the anti-Miles faction wasn't going to risk missing a second time. The final act of the drama, Saturday night at Auburn, contained certain themes that run through the entire Miles' saga: the offensive struggles that Miles perennially promised to fix were still there, as was the haphazard clock management at the end. But the real beginning of the end, although no one saw it at time, occurred in Ames, Iowa, nearly five years ago.

That's when Iowa State stunned an Oklahoma State team that was headed to a BCS title game berth against LSU's great 2011 team. Until that moment, Miles was poised to win his second BCS title. (You are welcome to your own opinion but mine is that LSU would have crushed Oklahoma State like a bug.) More than giving Miles a trophy to hoist, that title would have exorcised the ghost of Nick Saban from Baton Rouge where it sat prominently perched on Miles' shoulder. LSU has beaten Alabama in an overtime battle in Tuscaloosa that fall. Miles was No. 1, sitting on top of the world.

Then came the rematch.

Everyone knows what happened. LSU lost devastatingly, shut out and left with lingering doubts about its offense. Alabama won that title, and the next one, and ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Rainer Sabin ‏@RainerSabin 23h23 hours ago

Nick Saban believes there was "a better way" for LSU to handle Les Miles' exit. "College football doesn't need to do these kind of things."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net