Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M next season

Started by Pyrotechnician, October 30, 2013, 03:27:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

I can tell by reading the posts who the youngsters are versus who has been around for a while...A&M will return to being A&M when the UT gets the BIG ORANGE SLUSH FUND going again...there's a reason we own these guys in football and its because they will always be little brother to the SIPS....anyway, you guys who think the SEC will only enhance SEC's football program have a point, but that same reasoning should apply to everyone who joins the SEC, and it doesn't nor hasn't....just give it some time, and Aggie will once again be Aggie....been there done that way too many times
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

latrops

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 30, 2013, 04:16:32 pm
mmmhmmm . . . we have a bit more experience with the Aggies than you do.  You got a taste of their ability to choke a couple of weeks ago.  You should be glad they did, because that's your first time to beat the mighty Aggies in your history.  We've done it 41 times. 

When the Aggies even the series with us (the soonest they can do that is around 2030), I'll admit you were right.

The "series" is irrelevant today and moving forward.  Dominating the Aggies in the 60s, 70s, and 80s was nice, but doesn't count for anything this millennium.  That said, competing in the SEC isn't going to be easy for aTm.  I know things look pretty good for them right now, but things change quickly, especially in this conference.  Auburn won the national title a few years ago, then fired their incompetent coach just two years later.  Arkansas was competing in the top 10 just two years ago, and now they are flirting with an 0 for the SEC season.  Mizzou was one of the worst teams in the SEC just last year, now they are in the driver's seat to win the East.  Without Manziel aTm is a below average SEC team.  If Sumlin has the itch to go to the NFL or a USC type program, this offseason would be a good time to strike while the iron is hot.  Without Manziel and possibly Sumlin, they'd be starting over much like we are right now.

TMc

Quote from: oxbaker on October 30, 2013, 03:33:40 pm
This is silly.  Texas A&M's upside is very high.  Them being in the recruiting hotbed of Texas and now in the SEC pretty much ensure that they will be a top 15 team year in and year out.  Don't let your hate blind you to the reality of the situation.

We know A&M better than you.., the OP is right. They've got a once in a generation type player and an NFL receiver. They will go back to being the Aggies we have always known.  They have been a good a few times.., but not this type of good. Their day is dawning fast.

Bubba's Bruisers

If TAMU is about to back to being a 7 win type program, because history always repeats itself, then I'm nervous for UA.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

MiHogsMi

Guys, guys, guys...please stop with the argument that A&M's history indicates they will return to being what they have always been.  Too much has changed.  It's really poor thinking to hold on like this.  The same (il)logic was discussed when they joined the SEC.

Sorry to burst your bubble.  History means NOTHING relative to where they are and where they seem headed.  Right now they are ranked #5 in 2014 recruiting.  That is what is relevant. 
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

rlreev01

As Hog fans, we have no business making claims about any other schools future failures, especially TAMU.  We need to focus on our team, and in a positive manner. I have been disappointed and saddened by some of the things I have seen from our fans recently.  Maybe we should take the stance that if are not good, at least we can have some class. Have seen very little of that lately.

mlloyd4

Quote from: Pyrotechnician on October 30, 2013, 03:27:15 pm
After once in a generation QB Johnny boy leaves and and crazy man WR leaves, they will never be more than a 7 win team in the SEC. 

True Story
WPS

HOGness4life

I agree with the OP who makes some good arguments.

Without their current good players and the future blue chips they have coming in, they would be a bad team. Dark days are ahead for the aggies and Eluemunor.

MacHog19

Quote from: rlreev01 on October 30, 2013, 07:54:43 pm
As Hog fans, we have no business making claims about any other schools future failures, especially TAMU.  We need to focus on our team, and in a positive manner. I have been disappointed and saddened by some of the things I have seen from our fans recently.  Maybe we should take the stance that if are not good, at least we can have some class. Have seen very little of that lately.
Please spare us the Rick Schaefferesque lecture.  Sure, posters should refrain from personal, profane attacks, but there is nothing wrong with engaging in debate about whether A&M or any other SEC rival is going to succeed--especially when those trolling on Hogville (like Oxbaker or Solamwi) start up with their nonsensical attacks on the Hogs.

Marshfieldhog

We have our own issues to worry about....we might...key word might be stuck with a coach for years that is average at best, a coach that might...key word might not be able to dig us out of this hole. I had hope at first...now getting very concerned with the last few games, great coaches don't get blown out 104-0.

Bowfishinghogfan

Um ok. In the next 2-3 years they will replace LSU as number 2 in the west. They will own the state of TX as to who they want. I'm at a loss as you say we are on this 10 game a Year upswing in 2 years but they are headed backwards. I'm a hog fan and hope we win them all but we need to play a game again. Some of you have gotten back to the wanting us to be great when the product on the field is anything but. I know blah blah we don't have the talent. I want you to watch how we are out schemed( out coached). If we are well coached the players will be in the right spot to make the plays. Not being as fast or athletic is getting out played. Watch how when we give up big plays how out of Synch we are and how players get all confused. I bet the next shot on tv will be the same one as with Bama. Not only are the kids confused. So is the head hog. He looked like he was watching something for the first time against Bama. Totally clueless. They showed that look repeatedly during the broadcast. They camera and broadcast people saw it too, that's why they kept going to him with that look on his face.

Just because you want something to be, doesn't mean it will be. You have to use facts and logic to form an educated decision. Not your heart causing blind homerism.

MacHog19

Quote from: latrops on October 30, 2013, 06:55:42 pm
The "series" is irrelevant today and moving forward.  Dominating the Aggies in the 60s, 70s, and 80s was nice, but doesn't count for anything this millennium.  That said, competing in the SEC isn't going to be easy for aTm.  I know things look pretty good for them right now, but things change quickly, especially in this conference.  Auburn won the national title a few years ago, then fired their incompetent coach just two years later.  Arkansas was competing in the top 10 just two years ago, and now they are flirting with an 0 for the SEC season.  Mizzou was one of the worst teams in the SEC just last year, now they are in the driver's seat to win the East.  Without Manziel aTm is a below average SEC team.  If Sumlin has the itch to go to the NFL or a USC type program, this offseason would be a good time to strike while the iron is hot.  Without Manziel and possibly Sumlin, they'd be starting over much like we are right now.
Okay, let's look at recent history.  Since 1998, the Ags only finished with one Top 15 finish (before last season) and they never won the Big XII Championship.  Even with a Texas program that was arguably on the decline, the Collie Lovers still never came close to tying the series with the Horns.  Until they prove otherwise, history tells me the past two seasons are the anomaly and not the norm.

Cure

Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

MacHog19

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 30, 2013, 09:24:47 pm
Um ok. In the next 2-3 years they will replace LSU as number 2 in the west. They will own the state of TX as to who they want. I'm at a loss as you say we are on this 10 game a Year upswing in 2 years but they are headed backwards. I'm a hog fan and hope we win them all but we need to play a game again. Some of you have gotten back to the wanting us to be great when the product on the field is anything but. I know blah blah we don't have the talent. I want you to watch how we are out schemed( out coached). If we are well coached the players will be in the right spot to make the plays. Not being as fast or athletic is getting out played. Watch how when we give up big plays how out of Synch we are and how players get all confused. I bet the next shot on tv will be the same one as with Bama. Not only are the kids confused. So is the head hog. He looked like he was watching something for the first time against Bama. Totally clueless. They showed that look repeatedly during the broadcast. They camera and broadcast people saw it too, that's why they kept going to him with that look on his face.

Just because you want something to be, doesn't mean it will be. You have to use facts and logic to form an educated decision. Not your heart causing blind homerism.
We get it that you have no respect for Bielema; that's your problem.  However, I dare say that A&M is not about to replace LSU as the team most likely to consistently challenge Alabama for the SEC West title.  I don't care for Aubie but I'll go so far as to say that over the next 5 years, the Tigers finish ahead of the Collie Lovers in most if not all years.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 30, 2013, 09:24:47 pm

If what you are suggesting is true, that CBB does not possess the skill set to coach a CFB team, then you have a lot of history that's on his side showing otherwise that you're going to need to spend some time discounting.  I don't care what you say, you don't win 10+ games in the Big Ten conference multiple times if you are inept as a coach. 

Let me ask you a serious question.  The POSITION coaches and coordinators teach a lot of the scheme, assignments, and minutia during practice with CBB serving as the general and overseeing.  Do you agree with that?  If you do, then when he's watching the game on Saturday, and the kids are not where they are supposed to be, and not following their assignments, what makes you think he WOULDN'T look a little puzzled? 

I hear the players in their interviews, and the COMMON theme is that they are not playing as a TEAM.  They may have 9 guys doing it right, but two don't, and the result is an unsuccessful result.  They are describing things as mental errors, missed blocks, missed coverages...etc.  It sound to me like they're being coached pretty well, but they just lack the experience to do it right CONSISTENTLY, because they still have limited exposure to rely on. 

In year three, if they aren't able to compete, then it's time to consider major changes.  But the bottom line is that I find it VERY hard to believe that CBB was able to assemble that staff to help him get where he wants to go if they all think their leader is anywhere near as inept as you do.   

Your style reminds me of someone from the past on Hogville, and you're obviously on a mission to run down CBB.  I can't quite figure out who it was, but you're definitely a former troll reincarnated. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Bowfishinghogfan

I have NOTHING against coach BB.
Is it to hard to grasp I and a growing number of fans don't think the style WITH the players AR is able to recruit. If we are going off history, what makes you think we are going to get a top 10 or 5 class. Top 15 still has us 7-9 in the SEC. What has our average been since joining the SEC.

I assume I am a better fan than those who bashes Nutt and Petrino for 12-14 years. You didn't support the coach or the style. That makes you a horrible fan and wanting the university Ill will. You can't have it both ways. I have stated that I am a Broyles Matthews donor that I took over from my dad who was one since I can remember. I am 40 so that's a long time and a lot of money. So by these standards who's the fan. I have sat in the same seats since I was a kid.

I believe we are seeing an A&M thats different from even 5 years ago.  They've pumped money into the stadium.  They tryed to upgrade their coaching and it looks good so far.  A&M used to share Texas talent with OK, Osu, Ark, and all the D1 Texas schools, plus LSU.  Even if Texas got the first 25 recruits in Texas every year, theres still another 50 available that are difference makers and another 100 that nearly any school would be proud to have aboard.

A&M looks different to todays recruits.  I believe A&M will challenge for the 3rd spot most years with a jump up to #2 in the west and with a slip up or 2, they could win the west in a given year.  Bama should stay good as long as they have the great coaching.  LSU has proven they can stay good with a pretty everage HC, but one who has enough brains to hire good assistants, knowing his own limitations.  Aubbie is going to be a force going forward that all us second tier west schools will have to deal with to get to 3rd or 4th place.

A&M will get the Texas players that OU and OSU used to get without fail.  They will also keep players from us that we used to get.  Then joining our league was not good for us.

MacHog19

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 30, 2013, 09:51:30 pm
Is it to hard to grasp I and a growing number of fans don't think the style WITH the players AR is able to recruit. If we are going off history, what makes you think we are going to get a top 10 or 5 class. Top 15 still has us 7-9 in the SEC. What has our average been since joining the SEC.

I assume I am a better fan than those who bashes Nutt and Petrino for 12-14 years. You didn't support the coach or the style. That makes you a horrible fan and wanting the university Ill will. You can't have it both ways. I have stated that I am a Broyles Matthews donor that I took over from my dad who was one since I can remember. I am 40 so that's a long time and a lot of money. So by these standards who's the fan. I have sat in the same seats since I was a kid.
Your response that you have nothing against Coach Bielema rings hollow in light of your constant, incessant complaining about him and the current staff.  For crying out loud, the man is only 3/4 of the way through his first season and you're acting as if he's Jack Crowe 2.0.  As has been pointed out before on Hogville, Petrino was 3-5 during his first season and things were going fairly well until he decided that hiring his girlfriend was more important than recruiting or being honest with his boss.  Furthermore, urkillnmesmalls correctly points out that your opinion about Bielema isn't supported by his record as a head coach.  For the love of Frank Broyles, give the guy a chance! 

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 30, 2013, 09:51:30 pm

You don't have any idea who I am, what I donate, where I sit, or who I know.  You definitely think highly of yourself.  I just wonder why you've chosen to quit as a fan so quickly.   

I stand corrected.  You are obviously the biggest fan on Hogville, and you should continue your crusade to convince everyone here that CBB will not pan out here, and that there's no reason to give him more than 8 games to turn anything around.  Your keen expert eye can already tell that failure is imminent, so there's really no reason for the rest of us lowly peasants to even watch the remaining games. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

MiHogsMi

Quote from: 12247 on October 30, 2013, 09:52:02 pm
I believe we are seeing an A&M thats different from even 5 years ago.  They've pumped money into the stadium.  They tryed to upgrade their coaching and it looks good so far.  A&M used to share Texas talent with OK, Osu, Ark, and all the D1 Texas schools, plus LSU.  Even if Texas got the first 25 recruits in Texas every year, theres still another 50 available that are difference makers and another 100 that nearly any school would be proud to have aboard.

A&M looks different to todays recruits.  I believe A&M will challenge for the 3rd spot most years with a jump up to #2 in the west and with a slip up or 2, they could win the west in a given year.  Bama should stay good as long as they have the great coaching.  LSU has proven they can stay good with a pretty everage HC, but one who has enough brains to hire good assistants, knowing his own limitations.  Aubbie is going to be a force going forward that all us second tier west schools will have to deal with to get to 3rd or 4th place.

A&M will get the Texas players that OU and OSU used to get without fail.  They will also keep players from us that we used to get.  Then joining our league was not good for us.

No, no no...you've got it all wrong.  These two years are anomalies.  There going to go back to being a 7 win team because....well, because they always were and therefore they always will be.

Also, remember that OUR recruiting will only get better because A & M joined the SEC.  The Hogville experts assured me of that when they joined the SEC.  No way would a recruit NOW stay in state to play for an SEC team (aTm).  Instead, they will run to Arkansas!  That's what I was told on Hogville anyway.   :puke:

I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: MiHogsMi on October 30, 2013, 10:14:43 pm
No, no no...you've got it all wrong.  These two years are anomalies.  There going to go back to being a 7 win team because....well, because they always were and therefore they always will be.

Also, remember that OUR recruiting will only get better because A & M joined the SEC.  The Hogville experts assured me of that when they joined the SEC.  No way would a recruit NOW stay in state to play for an SEC team (aTm).  Instead, they will run to Arkansas!  That's what I was told on Hogville anyway.   :puke:

I think it's still awfully soon to see how it's going to pan out for either program.  What is bewildering to me is why anyone would want to be an Aggie in the first place.  I just find it all bizarre... 

But...apparently they're doing something right if they're getting top 5 classes.  A word of caution though...they've been known to cheat just a little, and you never know when they're going to screw up again.   

Tusks

someone please post the hogs, rebs and aggs conference records since the hogs joined the SEC.

I think most will be amazed.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Murr

Quote from: sooie dog on October 30, 2013, 04:07:16 pm
but you better watch out for Texas Tech

I'll look for them on Fox Sports 3 Plus after the Australian Rugby match.

Pyrotechnician

for those of you who cant understand.

Johnny Manziel = Freak of nature

Mike Evans = Freak of nature

Once they are gone, so is atm's chances of being anything more than a 7 win team.

We had a similar situation here with Dmac and Jones.  Once they were gone....well, you know.
SEC Referees Oath concerning the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

FIOG

Quote from: tahlahog on October 30, 2013, 04:09:22 pm
um, right now we are the ole miss program.

Right now you wish you were the Ole Miss program.

harley spoon

This thread just kind of has a desperate and sad feel to it.

Shorttimer

This is not a zero sum game.  If aTm is good, that doesn't mean the Hogs will be bad, as some of you seem to think.  In my opinion, only one team is really hurt by aTm's prominence and that is LSU.

The other factor here is the Longhorns.  Like it or not, we really need them to return to form to take some of the in state luster away from the Aggies. It hurt me to even type that.

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 30, 2013, 04:16:32 pm
mmmhmmm . . . we have a bit more experience with the Aggies than you do.  You got a taste of their ability to choke a couple of weeks ago.  You should be glad they did, because that's your first time to beat the mighty Aggies in your history.  We've done it 41 times. 

When the Aggies even the series with us (the soonest they can do that is around 2030), I'll admit you were right.

Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech were once dominant programs over most SEC teams too.  What matters is how things stand now and A&M is poised to be a regular contender in the years to come. 

They have as many or more resources as anyone else in the league, they are positioned in excellent recruiting territory in a football crazy state and can pay whatever they want to keep a coach. 

There's a 16-game difference in your series with them to your favor and around 3/4 of that difference came between 1958-1970, which isn't the least bit relevant in 2013.

texas tush hog

After once in a generation QB Johnny boy leaves and and crazy man WR leaves, they will never be more than a 7 win team in the SEC.  So for recruits like illuminator who changed his mind and chose aTm...better wake up and smell the coffee bud.  Once Johnny leaves they will go right back to the same old ole miss type program that they once were.  And dont think that Summlin will stick around after this season either.  USC or some job like that comes calling...he's gone!

Yea, but thanks to the Hog twitter team the center piece of our recruiting class will probably go with him instead of flipping back to us,sad.

MiHogsMi

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on October 31, 2013, 06:19:48 am
Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech were once dominant programs over most SEC teams too.  What matters is how things stand now and A&M is poised to be a regular contender in the years to come. 

They have as many or more resources as anyone else in the league, they are positioned in excellent recruiting territory in a football crazy state and can pay whatever they want to keep a coach. 

There's a 16-game difference in your series with them to your favor and around 3/4 of that difference came between 1958-1970, which isn't the least bit relevant in 2013.

It's a sad darned day when an Auburn fan can see and articulate the truth as a large group of Hog fans put on blinders, make excuses and delude themselves with statistics that are decades old and irrelevant given today's realities.  Sad, sad, sad.

hog911

This is silly.  Texas A&M's upside is very high.  Them being in the recruiting hotbed of Texas and now in the SEC pretty much ensure that they will be a top 15 team year in and year out.  Don't let your hate blind you to the reality of the situation.

If you have ever been to College Station you would realize its a complete dump. The campus is flat and ugly, most the women are plain (few exceptions), and the guys are mostly closet homosexual boy scouts! Outside of that its a great place to go to school. If their not paying players, their not competing!

MCheisman

Aggies won't be a consistent top 15 team after JM is gone. Take him away this season and they would have lost 2 probably 3 more games and would be sitting on 4 losses right now. Aggies have always had good recruiting, that doesn't always translate to being a top tier program.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: harley spoon on October 31, 2013, 05:05:18 am
This thread entire board just kind of has a desperate and sad feel to it.

FIFY

Tripod1

Quote from: jlhogfan on October 30, 2013, 04:27:00 pm
Well crap!  Does that mean our SEC history is a prediction of our future?
Quote from: jlhogfan on October 30, 2013, 04:27:00 pm
Quote from: MacHog19 on October 30, 2013, 05:22:00 pm
In the name of Jackie Sherrill, they've been in the SEC one full season!  As I just noted, the Aggies only have two Top 15 finishes in the last 15 years, including last year's #5 ranking.  Come back to me in ten years after they've finished first or second in the division repeatedly and have multiple Top 10 seasons and I'll apologize and agree with you.  Until then, I'm going with history.
So does history only apply to the Aggies or are the Hogs doomed as well?  Remind me again our SEC championships and our huge success in the BCS era. I'm afraid the sleeping giant down Texas way is awake and most on here are having lots of trouble realizing it.

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: hog911 on October 31, 2013, 08:02:33 am
most the women are plain (few exceptions),
You must not spend any time on TheChive.
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

MiHogsMi

Quote from: MCheisman on October 31, 2013, 08:11:49 am
Aggies won't be a consistent top 15 team after JM is gone. Take him away this season and they would have lost 2 probably 3 more games and would be sitting on 4 losses right now. Aggies have always had good recruiting, that doesn't always translate to being a top tier program.

I wonder if their stadium expansion, better coaches and SEC admission will have any effect with that good, and getting better recruiting you mentioned?  Naaaaaaaaa.

Fact: today's aTm ain't yesterday's aTm.  They are an ever increasing powerhouse in our conference coming at us at a time we are in a veritable downward spiral.  That's the facts.

I'm hoping beyond hope that our coaches can right our ship.  Our facilities are in place.  We need better recruiting (which is not happening at this time compared to our peers) and better coaching, game planning and scheming.  Right now I'm not encouraged there either, but hopeful.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: FIOG on October 31, 2013, 04:36:46 am
Right now you wish you were the Ole Miss program.

I would rather die.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on October 31, 2013, 06:19:48 am

IF history is irrelevant as you believe then you should give back that glass ball you bought a couple of years ago.

In your viewpoint I guess you think the American Revolution was irrelevant then.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MiHogsMi on October 31, 2013, 08:34:54 am
I wonder if their stadium expansion, better coaches and SEC admission will have any effect with that good, and getting better recruiting you mentioned?  Naaaaaaaaa.

Fact: today's aTm ain't yesterday's aTm.  They are an ever increasing powerhouse in our conference coming at us at a time we are in a veritable downward spiral.  That's the facts.

I'm hoping beyond hope that our coaches can right our ship.  Our facilities are in place.  We need better recruiting (which is not happening at this time compared to our peers) and better coaching, game planning and scheming.  Right now I'm not encouraged there either, but hopeful.

Yet they can only have 85 on scholarship just like everybody else. Here's a news flash, the coach is what really matters.

twk

History does not equal destiny. When you combine the move to the SEC with the fundamental change in the nature of A&M (small, all-male military college in a largely rural state to huge research university in one of the biggest, and most dynamic, states in the union), that history doesn't matter very much. I've long felt the best comparison for A&M was Florida, which never won a conference title until after the arrival of Spurrier (1991), but since then, has been a pretty consistent force in the SEC (they've been up and down, but whenever that job is open, it's always viewed as one of the top jobs in the country because of the school, the state they are located in, and the conference they play in). Both the schools and the states share some similarities.

VAARazorback

After once in a generation QB Johnny boy leaves and and crazy man WR leaves, they will never be more than a 7 win team in the SEC.  So for recruits like illuminator who changed his mind and chose aTm...better wake up and smell the coffee bud.  Once Johnny leaves they will go right back to the same old ole miss type program that they once were.  And dont think that Summlin will stick around after this season either.  USC or some job like that comes calling...he's gone!

Except Johnny boy and crazy man WR are helping aTm bring in some baller recruiting classes that will fill those voids when they leave.

texas tush hog

Quote from: VAARazorback on October 31, 2013, 09:04:43 am
Except Johnny boy and crazy man WR are helping aTm bring in some baller recruiting classes that will fill those voids when they leave.

Including our best commitment.

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 31, 2013, 08:37:51 am
IF history is irrelevant as you believe then you should give back that glass ball you bought a couple of years ago.

You fail at logic. To say that history in one thing or one aspect is not relevant does not by default mean history is always irrelevant for everything else as well. Think before typing.

MiHogsMi

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 31, 2013, 08:40:30 am
Yet they can only have 85 on scholarship just like everybody else. Here's a news flash, the coach is what really matters.

That ain't no news flash to me my friend.  I thought I said as much; but will certainly agree that the coach(es) are extremely important.

MiHogsMi

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on October 31, 2013, 09:14:30 am
You fail at logic. To say that history in one thing or one aspect is not relevant does not by default mean history is always irrelevant for everything else as well. Think before typing.

Yet again, I have to hold my nose and once again read in agreement with an Auburn fan dressing down a Razorback fan for using completely irrelevant logic, delusion, diversion and ignorance.   :puke:

DeltaBoy

History says they will decline!  They did not move and talent in TX is just as good as ever.  LSU been beating them in their own back yard recuriting wise and once Johnny is gone like in the 70's and late 80's TAMU will fade back into the background.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

harley spoon

If you don't have the resources (fanbase, recruiting grounds, facilities, $$$ to pay assistants and keep the HC, etc) then you can have a good program if you have a great coach.....but you will never be top tier.

You can have all the resources along with a mediocre coach and pretty much bump along winning seven to nine games a year.  But to have a top tier program...you must have BOTH a great coach and the resources.

Schools like LSU, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Florida, Tennessee and A&M have the resources available if a great coach comes along.....for those schools with the requisite resources, it's all about finding and keeping a great coach.   While the other schools with requisite resources have found great coaches now and then and won big, both Arkansas and A&M have struggled in the last decade to find and keep a great coach.  Tenn and OU appear to be struggling in that regard as well.  At this level.....it really is about access to recruits and great coaching.

harley spoon

Quote from: hog911 on October 31, 2013, 08:02:33 am
If you have ever been to College Station you would realize its a complete dump. The campus is flat and ugly, most the women are plain (few exceptions), and the guys are mostly closet homosexual boy scouts! Outside of that its a great place to go to school. If their not paying players, their not competing!

Wow, very confusing since independent analysis indicates they have the happiest students in division one:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2013/10/16/20-happiest-colleges-photos.html#4819c01c-ba83-4201-9ca3-85d57a07e277

MacHog19

Quote from: Pyrotechnician on October 31, 2013, 03:41:41 am
for those of you who cant understand.

Johnny Manziel = Freak of nature

Mike Evans = Freak of nature

Once they are gone, so is atm's chances of being anything more than a 7 win team.

We had a similar situation here with Dmac and Jones.  Once they were gone....well, you know.
If your assertion is that after DMac and Jones left the program declined, then clearly you're wrong.  If your point is that the program thrived after they left then, I'll give you that argument.

jbcarol

A&M mum on reason for firing longtime athletic trainer Kapchinski

Kapchinski, 56, was in his 14th season as assistant athletic director for athletic training. He supervised 12 athletic trainers, a physical therapist and a nutritionist. He had been the school's head athletic trainer since 1982.

"Well as I sit here this morning preparing for my day. It starts very much different than any in the last 31 years," he said. "I will be out looking for new employment. Yes, the new administration in the athletic department have decided that they want a different person running [the] athletic training program and sportsmedicine..."

Kapchinski had been noticeably absent at some football games this season after not missing any for 31 years.

" miss being with my team in Oxford," he posted on twitter the day of the A&M-Ole Miss game on Oct. 12.

http://www.aggiesports.com/football/article_2adc0f44-45e4-11e3-9ffb-001a4bcf887a.html

He was D1 Head Athletic Trainer of the Year in 2005.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net