Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas loses Jermaine Eluemunor

Started by The_Iceman, October 28, 2013, 12:20:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 28, 2013, 03:31:40 pm
The guy doesn't wanna play for a team that may not win a conf game this year or next? Wow I'm shocked.

Yeah I don't blame recruits for not wanting to play here. 

Country Stylz

Here's what's gonna happen. We will have another bad year next year. We will win 6 in year three. After that it will be 6-8 wins a year at best. Long will probably keep him around for 8 years or so since it was his hire. So we're are looking at possibly another decade of not competing for an SEC Championship. In the words of Bobby Boucher "Now ladies if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go hang myself."

Hawgon

Quote from: colemjh on October 28, 2013, 03:40:32 pm
Tweeted yesterday. Chris is our Director of Recruiting.

Chris Hauser ‏@ChrisHauserJr 20h

Why NFL doesn't draft spread offense O-Lineman!!!! Might want to think about this before u play ur college career in a spread offense!💰💵

Billy Liucci ‏@billyliucci 16h

@ChrisHauserJr Luke Joeckel and Jake Matthews would beg to differ. Poorly veiled attempt, btw. Nice use of the bag of money and $ logo, too.

Can our coaches just shut up and recruit?  I swear, these guys are as big of drama queens as the MSM was. 

Iwastherein1969

just "throw yet another A" and "smile" 0-1...always yield
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hawgon

Quote from: Country Stylz on October 28, 2013, 03:42:11 pm
Here's what's gonna happen. We will have another bad year next year. We will win 6 in year three. After that it will be 6-8 wins a year at best. Long will probably keep him around for 8 years or so since it was his hire. So we're are looking at possibly another decade of not competing for an SEC Championship. In the words of Bobby Boucher "Now ladies if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go hang myself."

That is what would happen, IF Long were going to be here that long.  But he won't be and it will be up to some other AD to clean up his mess.

colbs

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2013, 03:18:05 pm
We'll still have our big January recruiting weekends.  I still firmly believe we finish strong.
This.  Still on some big targets and 2015 is looking like it had potential to be our best class ever.

Hoggish1

Quote from: The Boar War on October 28, 2013, 01:15:30 pm
You can almost feel the excitement in this thread.  I'm willing to bet some posters paid more attention to the "Jermaine Eluemunor decommitment thread" than the "Jermaine Eluemunor commitment thread".

No question about it.  If they don't get their man (GM) or lose their man (BP), they take their ball and go home.

TMc

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on October 28, 2013, 12:51:20 pm
Your here Petrino and his O-line coach, Klenakis, wouldn't have even got Eluemunor to even commit to Arkansas at all.

jfred59

Look we have got to up the payscale.  If Ole Missy can do it then I know we can.

PorkSoda

Quote from: colbs on October 28, 2013, 03:44:32 pm
This.  Still on some big targets and 2015 is looking like it had potential to be our best class ever.
just curious, what makes you say 2015 could be the best ever?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 28, 2013, 03:50:50 pm

Dunno about best ever, but we could potentially see 2 5* recruits and a couple 4* from Arkansas.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Wildhog

Just a great start.  I wouldn't go out on the "best ever" limb, but it's definitely the best early start we've had to a class in a while.

QB Ty Storey and OG Zach Rogers are already four-stars.

Then you've got Jamario Bell at TE/DE, and OT Colton Jackson (6'6", 295).  Curious to see how those guys get ranked.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Silver Hog

Quote from: colbs on October 28, 2013, 03:44:32 pm
so we'd make the top 10 in the SEC finally?

jacobp

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2013, 03:54:02 pm
Just a great start.  I wouldn't go out on the "best ever" limb, but it's definitely the best early start we've had to a class in a while.

QB Ty Storey and OG Zach Rogers are already four-stars.

Then you've got Jamario Bell at TE/DE, and OT Colton Jackson (6'6", 295).  Curious to see how those guys get ranked.

Bell is a 4* on 247. Actually all 4 of our 2015 guys are.

Wildhog

Quote from: Silver Hog on October 28, 2013, 03:54:38 pm
so we'd make the top 10 in the SEC finally?

...maybe...probably not, though.

Welcome to Arkansas.
1909/1964/1965/1977

COCHISE

So we're assuming a juco guy was going to come in a start over last year's #8 ranked OG, 6'3" 320+ Reeve Koehler? Maybe. But I'll take a guy who has been learning the system and working under Herbert for 2 years.

Wildhog

Quote from: jacobp on October 28, 2013, 03:55:28 pm
Bell is a 4* on 247. Actually all 4 of our 2015 guys are.

Well, there you go, Soda.  We have four 4-stars committed for the 2015 class, already.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkSoda

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2013, 04:02:22 pm
Well, there you go, Soda.  We have four 4-stars committed for the 2015 class, already.
nice, I wonder how the arkansas HS class will shape up.  generally our best recruiting years are when we can comfortably sign 8-10 guys from instate without reaching.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

MJ2

It's encouraging that we had someone committed that someone else wants.

TOM "tbw1"

I don't think anyone thinks you can build a championship team on Arkansas recruits.  However, the margin for error in recruiting is so small we have to make sure we get the Arkansas talent when it is there.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

Wildhog

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" W. on October 28, 2013, 04:12:40 pm
I don't think anyone thinks you can build a championship team on Arkansas recruits.  However, the margin for error in recruiting is so small we have to make sure we get the Arkansas talent when it is there.

We really need this guy next year.  Probably going to need a lot of help keeping him away from the cult, though.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-K.J.-Hill-149145;_ylt=Atvs1fAtBbSgeT2zirjtZ1X4q5B4
1909/1964/1965/1977

MacHog19

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 28, 2013, 12:45:08 pm
Wheels aren't coming off yet but a couple of lug nuts are loose. We go 0 for the remainder of the season and he won't be the only one to back out. For the life of me I can't see why some of you can't see the writing on the wall.
Not every coaching hire works. Those that knock nutter and BP, were you supportive of those two coaches or did you know a train wreck was coming.
Are you this critical of other things in your life?  Secondly, do you hold yourself to the same ridiculous standards that you expect of Bielema?  You are just like many that post on Hogville; someone who objected to Bielema's hiring from the beginning and someone who can do nothing but complain and criticize him and the program. 

Inhogswetrust

this is why you cannot get to emotional about recruiting. and none of them are must have's.

^^^^^^^^How in this world people cannot understand this is unbelievable.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Soooie21

He only has 2 years at the most to play..if he were a high school senior, then maybe it would be different..can't blame him..nothing against Ark...he just wants to win now...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Soooie21 on October 28, 2013, 04:25:44 pm
He only has 2 years at the most to play..if he were a high school senior, then maybe it would be different..can't blame him..nothing against Ark...he just wants to win now...

And what makes you think TAMU is a 100% guarantee they will "win now" after he gets there. Assuming he does in fact go there.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

reddogjcss

Inhogswetrust

October 28, 2013, 04:33:11 pm #177 Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:26:41 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: COCHISE on October 28, 2013, 04:01:24 pm
So we're assuming a juco guy was going to come in a start over last year's #8 ranked OG, 6'3" 320+ Reeve Koehler? Maybe. But I'll take a guy who has been learning the system and working under Herbert for 2 years.

It is very rare when a freshman or JUCO starts on the OL anywhere. MAYBE that shows us something as to why BB has felt like he had to do that this year.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 28, 2013, 12:37:52 pm
But everyone wants to play for an up and coming juggernaut. I thought we could land any lineman we wanted with our new awesome staff. I have heard about how players want to play in this offense. Oops

There are NO guarantees ANY team will continue to win or be considered an up and coming juggernaut. Heck two years ago we would have been considered that and see what happened. NEVER count your victories OR losses before they happen.

The_Bionic_Pig

We get it you miss Coach Bobby Petrino & Hate Jeff Long and share your joy after each loss recruiting & on the field.  This may shock you but the very people you are arguing with hate losing too and having someone consistently "RUB IT IN THEIR FACES" will draw a reaction.

I can promise you if you were a fan of another school making those exact post baiting a fight you would have been banned by now but because your a Bobby Petrino fan instead you are allowed a pass to bash Coaches, Players alike.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogsanity

as long as we are not offering 2 stars at noon on nsd.............
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Redhogs

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 28, 2013, 03:47:22 pm
No question about it.  If they don't get their man (GM) or lose their man (BP), they take their ball and go home.
B.S. This is all about what's going on now and who's in charge now...this is CBB's baby for better or worse. Does he need some time....yea ok...but this is Bret's deal now...period....blame games over.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

CDBHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2013, 04:36:32 pm

Correct. We offered one last Thursday.

Soooie21

They are in better shape than we are....

Smokehouse

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2013, 01:16:18 pm
It's not witty. 

It deeply depresses me.  I hate our fan base.  I really do.  We are, without question, one of the worst fan bases in the country.

In the past I would have disagreed with you, but after getting the chance to travel around some and see other fan bases... yeah, Arkansas fans are pretty mediocre.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Hawgon

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 28, 2013, 05:05:28 pm
In the past I would have disagreed with you, but after getting the chance to travel around some and see other fan bases... yeah, Arkansas fans are pretty mediocre.

I know, no other SEC fan base puts up with losing like ours does.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 28, 2013, 04:40:56 pm
Correct. We offered one last Thursday.

Dang.

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2013, 04:36:32 pm

We usually get the process started way before then.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Lake City Hog

I too am wondering how everyone thinks this guy will come in and automatically be a starter. Other than Small I cannot remember the last Juco that came in and made a real impact in year 1.
Jucos are very much like the back-up Quarterback, they must be better than the guy that's already here!

colbs

Off to great start.  4 commits all rated 4* and ranked in top 10 on 247.  I'm not saying it will but I think it could be.  I don't ever remember us having a top 15 class.

colbs

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2013, 04:14:45 pm
We really need this guy next year.  Probably going to need a lot of help keeping him away from the cult, though.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-K.J.-Hill-149145;_ylt=Atvs1fAtBbSgeT2zirjtZ1X4q5B4
Him and Gragg.  The instate talent looks good for 2015.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 28, 2013, 05:21:36 pm
Looks like he won't be flipping back after the treatment he got on Twitter ...

Jermaine Eluemunor ‏@TheMainShow_ 23m
Arkansas fans move on damn! I would not recommend anyone going there after the tweets I have received from mad fans smh death wishes really?

<expletive deleted>
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Inhogswetrust

Arkansas fans move on damn! I would not recommend anyone going there after the tweets I have received from mad fans smh death wishes really?

And we all know a recruit that flips will get bad tweets from ANY school that they flip from.

PonderinHog

Incredible.

jkstock04

I have to wonder is it the skinny jean crowd or the creepy 50 yr old man throwin the death threats? Either way pretty pathetic.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Bubba's Bruisers

Not surprising.  Heck, it's even less surprising if this crap is true...

Quote from: colemjh on October 28, 2013, 03:40:32 pm
Tweeted yesterday. Chris is our Director of Recruiting.

Chris Hauser ‏@ChrisHauserJr 20h

Why NFL doesn't draft spread offense O-Lineman!!!! Might want to think about this before u play ur college career in a spread offense!💰💵

Billy Liucci ‏@billyliucci 16h

@ChrisHauserJr Luke Joeckel and Jake Matthews would beg to differ. Poorly veiled attempt, btw. Nice use of the bag of money and $ logo, too.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HogFanatic

All I see here is a bunch of I told you sos from the retard faction of our fan base.
Get out while the getting is good. Before long people will be wanting to com page size of biceps and peckers.

And whomever as sending the kid death threats needs to do the world a favor and jump off a damn bridge.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HogFanatic on October 28, 2013, 05:31:04 pm
All I see here is a bunch of I told you sos from the retard faction of our fan base.
Get out while the getting is good. Before long people will be wanting to com page size of biceps and peckers.

And whomever as sending the kid death threats needs to do the world a favor and jump off a damn bridge.

If a recruit thinks tweets are bad flipping from the Hogs to TAMU then they would be in SHOCK as to what it would be like from TAMU fans if the recruit had flipped from TAMU to the Horns!

Hawgon

So when we have coaches tweeting money bags signs and the like, is that not tacit approval for the fans to show their butts?  Should not the coaches be above that sort of thing?

Now, for the young man, it's Twitter.  Get over it.  If you think you everyday life is important enough to tell us what you had for breakfast, then you shouldn't be surprised when some of the things you do are important enough to make people really mad.  In fact, it is the attention you crave so deal with it.

cosmodrum

Nice job, you pathetic, inbred, backward losers. Death threats? Over football? I can GUARANTEE the brainless limp dicks responsible for that are members here. You pathetic excuses for humans. I'm ashamed to be even remotely associated with you jerkoffs.

Worst fan base on the planet.
Go away, batin'

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgon on October 28, 2013, 05:41:40 pm
So when we have coaches tweeting money bags signs and the like, is that not tacit approval for the fans to show their butts?  Should not the coaches be above that sort of thing?

Now, for the young man, it's Twitter.  Get over it.  If you think you everyday life is important enough to tell us what you had for breakfast, then you shouldn't be surprised when some of the things you do are important enough to make people really mad.  In fact, it is the attention you crave so deal with it.

It wasn't a coach, but he was saying he'd make more money coming from Bielema's system. He did have a long list of players in the NFL from Wisc.