Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas loses Jermaine Eluemunor

Started by The_Iceman, October 28, 2013, 12:20:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wupigsuey

Quote from: Redhogs on October 28, 2013, 02:11:34 pm
Not even close....#1 rated jr. college offensive lineman in the country. It is what it is..at least get your facts straight. HUGE LOSS.

Thanks for proving my point. Vin was gonna be the greatest thing since sliced bread before he ever played a down too...aka "HUGE LOSS". Here's a straight fact for ya, the fact is you don't have any idea if he is a huge loss or not.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

GuvHog

Quote from: colbs on October 28, 2013, 12:47:34 pm
I bet you are loving this.  That's the thing that bothers me about posters like you. 

No one is loving this. Some of us are seeing the writing on the wall. A 5 game losing streak with 2 of them by massive margins coupled with the loss of this years #1 recruit shows there are serious problems on the Hill and NOT with the players.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Bowfishinghogfan

Still waiting on answers from the crowd who blasted Nutt and Petrino while they were here. I'm assuming you thought their system didn't work. If I am on this coach after 8 games and you blasted those for a decade or longer who's the bad fan. I'm no hog fan for questioning a system not the actual coach for 2/3 of a season then those who railed against the 2 coaches I mentioned must absolutely hate the program.

Boardon Hamsay

This really isn't very surprising. JE never had more than a quarter chub for us. I wouldn't be surprised if he decommitted from aTm at some point as well. We'll be fine and move along to someone else that might have a more of a full blown rager.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Sooie71923

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 28, 2013, 01:34:54 pm
the problem is, we now have exactly one O-line commit.  combine that with one LB commit, and the staff has done little to address team needs.  granted we still have about 8 slots and and we have needs all over the field, but that is two areas we needed to stock up on.

Well, we just lost the O-lineman, we are on several more, I 'd give that a little more time. As far as LB, we are struggling there, hopefully we snag at least 2 more.

colbs

Quote from: Hawgon on October 28, 2013, 01:56:06 pm
Well, then I guess BB has work to do as that he is going to need to get this class around the top ten and do that for a couple years running in order to have success, right?
Like I said I believe any system can win here with the right coach and players.  Either getting the top players or developing them(like BP did or like BB did at Wisky).  I was just responded to your comment.  You are the one that said BB can't be a win here with a class ranked that low. 

aberium2002

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2013, 12:53:19 pm
I just don't understand why any "hog fan" would enjoy constantly putting down his team.
Not a fan just an idiot who likes to hear himself talk. Really, don't waste your time.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" John Heisman

hogsanity

you would think this was the first program to ever have a commit flip 31/2 months before signing day.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

wupigsuey

Quote from: colbs on October 28, 2013, 02:31:29 pm
Like I said I believe any system can win here with the right coach and players.  Either getting the top players or developing them(like BP did or like BB did at Wisky).  I was just responded to your comment.  You are the one that said BB can't be a win here with a class ranked that low.

Yeah, missery was ranked lower than us last year in recruiting yet managed to do well for themselves this year. It's almost like if you get your players in and have a few years to develop them, sometimes they aren't half bad.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

aberium2002

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 28, 2013, 02:20:37 pm
Still waiting on answers from the crowd who blasted Nutt and Petrino while they were here. I'm assuming you thought their system didn't work. If I am on this coach after 8 games and you blasted those for a decade or longer who's the bad fan. I'm no hog fan for questioning a system not the actual coach for 2/3 of a season then those who railed against the 2 coaches I mentioned must absolutely hate the program.
Do you even read what you write? Please just do everyone a favor and go hunting. Isn't that your thing? Oh wait , you're a CF analyst. What a joke.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" John Heisman

Oliver

PorkSoda

Quote from: ricepig on October 28, 2013, 02:28:30 pm
Well, we just lost the O-lineman, we are on several more, I 'd give that a little more time. As far as LB, we are struggling there, hopefully we snag at least 2 more.
we still have one

OT Jovan Pruitt       88     78         3*      4*      6'6", 290    Dallas, TX

but I would hope we sign at least 3, and I think we need 3 LB's too.

we got 3 CB's and a safety as well, so the secondary is being addressed. 

All I'm saying is, lets not kid ourselves.  this is a big loss.  however we can recover.  January is always a big month for recruiting.  since I'm not a coach, I can't evaluate players, but what I can do is look at the numbers. 
Right now we have 17 commits and 8 open slots, and we are short on Oline, LB, and WR.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on October 28, 2013, 02:20:14 pm
No one is loving this. Some of us are seeing the writing on the wall. A 5 game losing streak with 2 of them by massive margins coupled with the loss of this years #1 recruit shows there are serious problems on the Hill and NOT with the players.

Those seeing the writing on the wall are interpreting it to fit their own agenda.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

PorkSoda

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2013, 02:34:44 pm
you would think this was the first program to ever have a commit flip 31/2 months before signing day.
just one more punch in the gut after two long seasons of getting beat down.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Bowfishinghogfan

Quote from: aberium2002 on October 28, 2013, 02:36:48 pm
Do you even read what you write? Please just do everyone a favor and go hunting. Isn't that your thing? Oh wait , you're a CF analyst. What a joke.

Again, no answers only setting up excuses for future failure. What's the difference in some not thinking the system will result in the desired results than others saying the same about those 2 coaches.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 28, 2013, 02:37:02 pm
we still have one

All I'm saying is, lets not kid ourselves.  this is a big loss.  however we can recover.  January is always a big month for recruiting.  since I'm not a coach, I can't evaluate players, but what I can do is look at the numbers. 
Right now we have 17 commits and 8 open slots, and we are short on Oline, LB, and WR.

Yep, it's a big loss,  and we will sign at least 3 OL's  and hopefully 3 LB's. We also can sign 26 in this class.

ricepig

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 28, 2013, 02:41:48 pm
Again, no answers only setting up excuses for future failure. What's the difference in some not thinking the system will result in the desired results than others saying the same about those 2 coaches.

Well, we know you are good at constantly complaining, I'm guessing this will continue for, how long?

wupigsuey

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 28, 2013, 02:39:30 pm
just one more punch in the gut after two long seasons of getting beat down.

I think this is a lot of it...we're all just so beat down it seems. FRom the motorcycle wreck to smiley jonelle to this season not going as planned. Just need something good to happen for once.

bigbadhog

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 28, 2013, 12:55:18 pm
I have nothing against BB. Heck I adore the guy. Look at what he landed as a wife. What I am NOT a fan if is the system. It works if you can get the talent to make it work. The spread and a hurry up score as much as possible is more realistic to the type of talent we have proven we can get. We aren't getting a top 10 class. I hope we win every game for a hundred years. I would have prefered a Briles or Gundy type coach. The result on the field this far shows we lack talent but it also shows these coaches are in over their heads so far. Do we want a coach learning on the job, see Pel and Heath.

BB looks confused and disoriented on the sideline - Like he just won a donut eating contest and is about to throw up.  He has never built a programs before or competed at a level close to the SEC.  He is in over his head and his system is the slowest to show results.  I know, I know, his system is for the long haul but I doubt he makes it that long...  BBH
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

GuvHog

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" W. on October 28, 2013, 02:38:56 pm
Those seeing the writing on the wall are interpreting it to fit their own agenda.

I have no agenda Tom. When CBB was hired, I stated that he had my 100% support but the Hogs going 0-4 in conference possibly heading for 0-8 and now the loss of the Hogs #1 recruit for the class of 2014 has me seriously considering re-thinking that statement.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The Artist Yo Huckleberry

Quote from: wupigsuey on October 28, 2013, 02:46:10 pm

I think this is a lot of it...we're all just so beat down it seems. FRom the motorcycle wreck to smiley jonelle to this season not going as planned. Just need something good to happen for once.
This is true. A great recruiting class at least gives the fan base hope for the future.

CDBHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2013, 02:34:44 pm

1 1/2 months. He's a JUCO.

jkstock04

Weird.

Lol, oh well so much for having the #1 rated juco lineman. Tough loss but not surprising. The hits just keep a coming. Our school just sucks at recruiting.

Thing is, he decommits from us in light of us looking terrible and a train wreck (I'm assuming)...but even during the awesome Petrino years our recruiting sucked pretty terribly despite what you read in the recruiting forum.

So my point is...regardless of how the team is doing...AND regardless of who our coaches are...our recruiting just plain sucks compared to the rest of the SEC. Probably always will.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hogsnort

This player chose to flip for who knows what reason but I am convinced we have some really great coaches recruiting for us and our recruiting will only get better IMO. I'm going to choose to have a positive attitude re: this situation because Sam Pittman is one of the best position coaches in the country.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2013, 01:16:18 pm
It's not witty. 

It deeply depresses me.  I hate our fan base.  I really do.  We are, without question, one of the worst fan bases in the country.

I agree. It makes it hard to be a fan. We are clueless, negative and we express everyday on social media.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Soooie21

October 28, 2013, 03:01:08 pm #126 Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:46:15 pm by Soooie21
This staff hasn't been here a full year, don't have the players to fit their system and the world is coming to an end...Good thing Nolan Richardson was given that chance..

bigbadhog

Quote from: Soooie21 on October 28, 2013, 03:01:08 pm
This staff hasn't been here a full year, don't have the players to fit there system and the world is coming to an end...Good thing Nolan Richardson was given that chance..

Good thing NR was an innovator and not a follower.  He changed college basketball and gave kids a reason to be Razorbacks.  We need a similar football coach...  BBH
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Hogsnort

Quote from: Soooie21 on October 28, 2013, 03:01:08 pm
This staff hasn't been here a full year, don't have the players to fit there system and the world is coming to an end...Good thing Nolan Richardson was given that chance..
Oh...I remember all the negativity regarding Nolan. It was awful. Thing is, I had been following Tulsa before he was hired and I had no doubts about him being what we needed. It didn't take long and I hope this is a similar situation.

Gonzo

Quote from: Kevin on October 28, 2013, 01:32:26 pm
i just don't understand some of the so called fans.

i do understand not liking the coaches system.

i do understand not believing a certain coach can get it done.

what i don't understand is some fans wanting to come on to a message board, and turn every thread into a hate filled pissing contest.

we got it, you don't like or believe in cbb. y'all need to move on.

WHich hate are you referring to, the BB hate or the BP hate?    There's more than enough of both on here, pretty dumb on both sides imo.

Go Hogs! Beat Auburn!

jkstock04

If you think about this logically...it sort of makes sense. He is a juco...and (according to many on here) we are currently at the beginning of a 4 year rebuild. He has 2 years of PT...do the math there and it makes sense.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

wupigsuey

Quote from: The Artist Yo Huckleberry on October 28, 2013, 02:48:21 pm
This is true. A great recruiting class at least gives the fan base hope for the future.

I'm not basing my determination of whether this class is good or bad on any one player.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 28, 2013, 02:37:02 pm
we still have one

10 open spots I believe.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: Dirty on October 28, 2013, 01:03:54 pm
Please jump ship and never come back.
He needs to jump ship and never resurface.

Wildhog

We'll still have our big January recruiting weekends.  I still firmly believe we finish strong.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Dropkick

Anybody wanna bet he flips again before NSD?

superior_wang

love college football (although the corruption lessens it little by little every year).. never got the  recruiting NAMBLA love fest though.. just creepy imo.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 28, 2013, 02:55:43 pm
Weird.

Lol, oh well so much for having the #1 rated juco lineman. Tough loss but not surprising. The hits just keep a coming. Our school just sucks at recruiting.

Thing is, he decommits from us in light of us looking terrible and a train wreck (I'm assuming)...but even during the awesome Petrino years our recruiting sucked pretty terribly despite what you read in the recruiting forum.

So my point is...regardless of how the team is doing...AND regardless of who our coaches are...our recruiting just plain sucks compared to the rest of the SEC. Probably always will.

Always will unless Arkansas as a state starts producing more athletes.

Quote from: wupigsuey on October 28, 2013, 03:12:51 pm
I'm not basing my determination of whether this class is good or bad on any one player.
Absolutely agree. A "Class" is the 25. You HAVE to 15-20 flat out STUDS in every class. You HAVE to get top 15 classes. 

Redhogs

Quote from: XxALLEYxX on October 28, 2013, 02:57:37 pm
I agree. It makes it hard to be a fan. We are clueless, negative and we express everyday on social media.
Stop beating on the fan base....people are people and they all have opinions...some right some wrong. Most of this is born out of frustration. I remember going to the OM site when HDN was destroying their program and it was much the same as it is here now....maybe worse as Nafoom allows profanity.  Beating on your fan base is crap...give it a rest....they don't play the games or make the decisions.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

arkjay19

I don't know if Eric Mateos deleted the referenced tweet, but Eluemunor tweeted this earlier:

"@CoachMateos: Blasting "On To The Next One" in my headphones. One of my favorites by Jay-Z! #WPS" Gig em

Disappointed in losing the player, but really not sad at all to see that guy go somewhere else.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 28, 2013, 01:24:42 pm
So us so called bad fans because we don't buy into a system but Nutt and Petrino are the anti Christ. So you guys were the terrible fans for 15 years if you weren't fans of those two coaches. Makes perfect sense now.
Has nothing to do with relishing in our missery.  Some people seem to be excited that we are getting beat and bad things have happened. 

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Redhogs on October 28, 2013, 03:24:01 pm
Stop beating on the fan base....people are people and they all have opinions...some right some wrong. Most of this is born out of frustration. I remember going to the OM site when HDN was destroying their program and it was much the same as it is here now....maybe worse as Nafoom allows profanity.  Beating on your fan base is crap...give it a rest....they don't play the games or make the decisions.

Marshfieldhog

Losing your best recruit to a conference rival is not good, losing faith quickly in any kind of a 3-4 year turnaround

Redhogs

Quote from: arkjay19 on October 28, 2013, 03:25:57 pm
I don't know if Eric Mateos deleted the referenced tweet, but Eluemunor tweeted this earlier:

"@CoachMateos: Blasting "On To The Next One" in my headphones. One of my favorites by Jay-Z! #WPS" Gig em
WOW...now that's disrespect...no twitter expert though.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

The guy doesn't wanna play for a team that may not win a conf game this year or next? Wow I'm shocked.
Let's make some waves.

arkjay19

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on October 28, 2013, 03:28:11 pm

Not at all.  When "sunshine pumpers" and optimists celebrate being right with team success, there is the team success to be happy about.  Plenty of posters are celebrating the team's success as much as being right.

What's so glorious about being right (or thinking you're right) when things are going bad for the team that you're supposed to be a fan of?  I don't see anything positive about celebrating being right (or thinking you're right) when your team sucks.  What possible good comes of it?

That's not including people that seem genuinely more happy about being right than being wrong and seeing their team have success, which is just another level of weird to me.

jkstock04

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on October 28, 2013, 03:19:44 pm
Always will unless Arkansas as a state starts producing more athletes.
I agree. Too much against us...we are the smallest state in the SEC...and our high school football is lacking as far as producing SEC talent compared to pretty much every other state in the SEC.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

No excuses. If they can get em at Stillwater and Oxford, they should damn well be able to get em here.

colemjh

Tweeted yesterday. Chris is our Director of Recruiting.

Chris Hauser ‏@ChrisHauserJr 20h

Why NFL doesn't draft spread offense O-Lineman!!!! Might want to think about this before u play ur college career in a spread offense!💰💵

Billy Liucci ‏@billyliucci 16h

@ChrisHauserJr Luke Joeckel and Jake Matthews would beg to differ. Poorly veiled attempt, btw. Nice use of the bag of money and $ logo, too.