Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finish him! Auburn wants Updyke's last penny

Started by jbcarol, September 19, 2013, 08:01:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Calling All Hogs

I think everyone needs to learn from this. Especially Auburn fans. They need to learn how to use toilet paper for what it is intended for and not as a tree decoration. :)

DeltaBoy

The Bama alumi network need to raise the money and pay the Debt off plus give Updykes a lifetime ticket to all home games.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

September 21, 2013, 08:28:50 am #3 Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:34:38 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: CallMeHog on September 19, 2013, 11:54:40 pm
I think everyone needs to learn from this. Especially Auburn fans. They need to learn how to use toilet paper for what it is intended for and not as a tree decoration. :)

Agree. I think it was awful what he did but wanting 1.3 Million dollars for TWO trees. There are ACRES of oak trees not worth that much! Heck I've got one in my front yard I'll sell them for $10,000!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 20, 2013, 09:27:48 am
The Bama alumi network need to raise the money and pay the Debt off plus give Updykes a lifetime ticket to all home games.

Updyke is an idiot and is not welcome at ANY UA events.

He should just shut up and go away!

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

davglo35

Alabama fans do some really crazy sh*t!  They also pay for it dearly. 2 yrs in the pen for teabagging a corndog and 1.5 mil for a couple oak trees!

Chief Mac

Is toomer's corner on university property?  If not, how does he owe them anything?
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

OTTER

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 21, 2013, 08:28:50 am
Agree. I think it was awful what he did but wanting 1.3 Million dollars for TWO trees. There are ACRES of oak trees not worth that much! Heck I've got one in my front yard I'll sell them for $10,000!
Hey, they need the money to help pay their players! 
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Albert Einswine

Auburn fans killed those trees. They would still be making oxygen today if those yokels hadn't made a tradition of coating them in arse wipe every time they won a game.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 14, 2013, 01:55:13 pm
Auburn fans killed those trees. They would still be making oxygen today if those yokels hadn't made a tradition of coating them in arse wipe every time they won a game.

An Auburn Professor stated that very thing a year before Updyke pulled his stunt.

edgar allen

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on November 18, 2013, 05:09:27 am
Is toomer's corner on university property?  If not, how does he owe them anything?

Yes.  The trees were across from Toomer's and on university property.  He owes b/c he broke the law and was ordered to pay up. 

Pulled(PP)pork

just had too much alabama in him, that's all

PP

pigture perfect

He was just preventing vandalism. Besides they used them for firewood which made poor folks warm. I don't see the problem.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  1h
WDE RT @Mark_Schlabach: #Auburn fans want a shot at Harvey Updyke? Here's your chance (& it's for charity) http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11384809/alabama-fan-poisoned-auburn-toomer-corner-oaks-agrees-dunk-tank-pie-toss-charity ...

Dunk tank or pie in the face...

LZH

I actually don't blame Auburn fans & admins one bit.  That's not too unlike burning down Old Main imo.  I would be out to skin his stupid ass, too.

Albert Einswine

Yeah, but since it's Auburn I don't sympathize.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

jbcarol

Randy Rosetta @RandyRosetta  ·  2h

From @RonHigg | Alabama fan Harvey Updyke is alive and well in Louisiana http://s.nola.com/E609RgB  via @nolanews

jbcarol

Paul Finebaum @finebaum  ·  5h

The jailhouse interview with Harvey Updyke http://es.pn/1lIcIMz  via @espncfb

razorbackkid

Quote from: jbcarol on August 20, 2014, 09:37:15 pm
Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  1h
WDE RT @Mark_Schlabach: #Auburn fans want a shot at Harvey Updyke? Here's your chance (& it's for charity) http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11384809/alabama-fan-poisoned-auburn-toomer-corner-oaks-agrees-dunk-tank-pie-toss-charity ...

Dunk tank or pie in the face...
Bad idea...some idiot will bring a shotgun.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Torqued pork

The eagle flying across the stadium is a great tradition. Rolling the trees at Toomer's Corner was high school and lame which explains why it was so revered by Auburn.

JansterZ71

Quote from: Torqued pork on August 22, 2014, 10:55:43 am
The eagle flying across the stadium is a great tradition. Rolling the trees at Toomer's Corner was high school and lame which explains why it was so revered by Auburn.
[/b]

Many schools Traditions are weird,  which is what makes them stand out.  All the weird ones have good history behind them.  For example:  rolling trees, rubbing a rock, painting a rock, barking like a dog, dotting an eye in Ohio state, having a car (Ga. Tech), calling the hogs, etc....
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

jbcarol

Sadness in Mobile: Threats cancel Harvey Updyke's dunk tank appearance

Quote"Al from Dadeville" had agreed to be the focal point of a dunk tank booth to raise money for children's cancer on September 29 in Mobile, Ala.

The event announced Thursday that Updyke's appearance had been canceled after threats were made against organizers, including Dee Dee Bonner, mother of former Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron.

Updyke, who now lives in Albany, La., served a six-month jail sentence for poisoning the trees.

NaturalStateReb

Only in Alabama, or as I like to think of it, Coastal Arizona.

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Hog N Bama

I was going to attend and throw a pie in his face for the fun of it. Need to vent lol

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on December 14, 2013, 12:23:09 pm

Harvey Updyke finally asked the court to reduce his monthly payments to Auburn to $50 a month. Would only take 1,328 years to pay off the penalty set by Judge Jacob Y. Walker.

Lol......only 1,328 yrs to pay the penalty?  Sure sounds reasonable.  Updyke evidently explained to the court that he is taking some really good health food & supplements.....& promised to pay all the penalty off in the allotted time at the $50 per month rate.   ;D

Wonder if the judge is going to agree with Updyke, but up the amount that he will pay to $52.50 per month, rather than $50?  Judge should consider a small "cost of living" increase... over all those years.  No telling what the cost of Tree's will be by then. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: OTTER on December 14, 2013, 01:39:48 pm

Hey, they need the money to help pay their players!

Believe you may be on to something there.  Updyke could make payments directly to the players.... & not have to go thru boosters, car dealers, etc.  It would also be very difficult for the NCAA to tie an Alabama fan......to money being paid to Auburn players.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

NoNC4Tubs

He did a terrible thing, but the trees were already dying....... 8)

JansterZ71

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on August 23, 2014, 07:30:51 am
He did a terrible thing, but the trees were already dying....... 8)

Actually they weren't...  They were like 10 years ago but Auburn took extreme measures to bring them back to life which were working. 
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 24, 2014, 02:09:31 pm
Actually they weren't...  They were like 10 years ago but Auburn took extreme measures to bring them back to life which were working.

Link?

You own Botany prof said they were dying......... 8)

jbcarol

Wesley Sinor @WesleySinor  ·  3h
Harvey Updyke has paid just $99 of nearly $800,000 he owes for #Auburn tree poisoning http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/09/harvey_updyke_has_paid_just_99.html ...

jbcarol

Alex McDaniel @AlexMcDaniel  ·  5 hours ago
Harvey Updyke may go back to jail if he doesn't pay part of $816,000 restitution by February: http://s.al.com/WbKdORb

QuoteWETUMPKA, Alabama -- Harvey Updyke may find himself back in jail if he doesn't make a dent in the $800,000 a judge ordered him to pay Auburn University last November.

Updyke is responsible for the 2011 poisoning of the oak trees at Toomer's Corner that for decades were the iconic site of celebration for Auburn students and fans. The oaks were ultimately removed in April 2013 because of the poisoning.

Updyke pleaded guilty in March 2013 to the Class C felony of damaging animal or crop facilities in a deal that dropped additional charges of criminal mischief and desecration of a venerated object.

As part of the plea deal, Circuit Judge Jacob A. Walker ordered Updyke to pay more than $800,000 in restitution to Auburn, court costs and legal fees. Updyke was ordered to pay off his massive debt through $500 payments every month despite asking to have that amount lessened to $50 because of financial hardship.

In October, Walker ordered a hearing after receiving notification from the State Probation and Parole Office that Updyke has not been making the payments he was ordered to last November.

Court records indicate that Updyke has only paid $396 of the money he owes as outlined by his guilty plea. That leaves a balance of $816,283.98 which, even if Updyke diligently made his $500 payments every month, would take more than 130 years to pay off.

Harvey Updyke @Harveyrolltide  ·  4 hours ago
If all my followers game me 12 cents I would have 700 dollars

They dropped it down to $100 a month. Thank you lord.

NoNC4Tubs

Obscured is the fact that an awbern professor had already concluded before the poisoning - that the trees were already dying......... 8)

Inhogswetrust

December 20, 2014, 09:08:34 am #35 Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 11:26:35 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 14, 2013, 01:55:13 pm

It is the strangest and dumbest college football tradition other than tamu not having female cheerleaders..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

December 20, 2014, 09:12:02 am #36 Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 11:26:59 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 22, 2014, 11:23:59 am
[/b]

Many schools Traditions are weird,  which is what makes them stand out.  All the weird ones have good history behind them.  For example:  rolling trees, rubbing a rock, painting a rock, barking like a dog, dotting an eye in Ohio state, having a car (Ga. Tech), calling the hogs, etc....

You think those are weird? They don't come close to the barners. Old barns uses TOILET PAPER. None of those others don't.

jbcarol

Drew Taylor @MrDrew_Taylor  ·  21h 21 hours ago
Harvey Updyke hospitalized, in compliance with payment schedule for Toomer's Oaks poisoning: http://tinyurl.com/kn3hpsq  @MGMAdvertiser

Two days ago, Updyke was hospitalized for cardiac problems. Did not come to hearing today, but court said he would be excused.

Updyke's attorneys say he has now paid an estimated $1,600 of his nearly $800,000 restitution amount.

Hogs-n-Roses

Lets see. Tree killers,tea baggers, remember the drunken gal fighting in the Oklahoma bowl game a couple of years ago. 3 student athletes arrested in a week. Nice program your running there Rammer Jammer. Where does lack of institutional control begin and end? Come on NCAA! Grow a sack and check out their recruiting! This school is truly at another level.

jbcarol

Harvey Updyke @Harveyrolltide  ·  10h 10 hours ago

When I'm president, I'm going to Spike 80 DF the hell out of Iraq

I may have choked yo mama, I may have killed a tree, but I'm not the man I used to be so #VoteForHarvey please

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/781296190436573188

QuoteWhile Auburn University deals with the aftermath of last weekend's tree fire at Toomer's Corner, it continues to receive minimum monthly payments of $100 from Harvey Updyke for poisoning the original oaks in 2010.

After Updyke pleaded guilty to the crime, Circuit Judge Jacob A. Walker III ordered Updyke to pay $796,731.98 in restitution in 2013 to help the university replace the trees and make up for lost revenue due to their removal.

A representative at the Elmore County Clerk's Office told AL.com Wednesday that Updyke still owes $793,852.98, meaning he has paid off just 0.361 percent of the balance. He made payments of $100 every month in 2016 except in June and August. He made a double payment in September, so is behind by one.

With court costs and legal fees added in, Updyke currently owes $813,378.48 in total. He is on supervised probation after serving six months of jail time for the crime and has an upcoming hearing Oct. 18.

The replacement tree that was planted on W. Magnolia Ave. was set on fire Saturday following Auburn's win over LSU.

Jochen Wiest, the man accused of starting the fire, was arrested and charged with felony criminal mischief, desecration of a venerable object and public intoxication. Wiest denied any wrongdoing despite being identified by multiple witnesses, including Auburn student Herron Taylor, who chased Wiest across the street before bystanders helped contain [and beat] him.

"That court order is just a piece of paper." - Fred Goldman

jbcarol