Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perspective Matters

Started by WilsonHog, July 09, 2017, 09:49:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 11, 2017, 06:49:30 am
Muskogee, it isn't a fair weather fan if it is done game by game. Why watch the whole Auburn game? Or second half of the Belk Bowl?

It is simply a game that isn't worth getting upset over. I turn off the game and await the next one.

I'm ready and excited for this season. Still a fan. Just not going to watch a team phone it in.

That isn't what I was talking about at all.
Go Hogs Go!

Snorts

I'm 65.  I discovered the Hogs when I was 12.  They were the only thing in my life from Arkansas that one ever heard about, the only thing positive at that time from my home state.  I lived on Air Force Bases much of my early life, and followed them the best I could.

Been to a lot of games at Razorback Stadium, a few at War Memorial, watched them on TV, including the big win in 1971 after a near fistfight to keep the TV in the day room on the game.  Religously followed the Hogs while coaching in Texass, defending them to my fellow Coaches who always took great glee in mentioning any SWC losses.  Had season tickets for years once we moved back permanently to the NWA area.  Losing ruined my week, and some of the recent losses, accompanied by what I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt to be a lack of effort by the players, have hurt all the more keenly.  I must say that the Women's BBall players kneeling for the anthem, combined with the Administrations assurances that they supported them, didn't help my mindset.

At some point last season I realized that I wasn't having a lot of fun at the games any more.  The constant blaring of the commercials, the endless ramps, the silly games on the big screen, the incredibly long lines at the concession stands, the gates of hell heat in September in those East stands, the all-day commitment of tailgating made attending the games seem more of a chore than a delight.  Throw in the fact that I am an INTJ, if you get that, and that is magnified from the PTSD I deal with, and the crowds have become insufferable. 

Like the man said, I am too old to do things that don't give me pleasure.  The wife and I talked about it a long time.  We camp a lot, and had basically quit camping in the fall, prime camping weather, to attend games.  No longer.  We are going to hit the campgrounds and do our best to watch or listen to the games from our trailer.  The money we saved finances our outdoor activities this year.

I am not sure I like this, our keeping the program at a bit of an arm's length, but it is what it is. 

Go Hogs

hawgon

This the least anticipated season I can remember.  There is absolutely no excitement in the air.

PonderinHog

I can't wait!  Fifty days!  Fiddy!

bythelake

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hawgon on July 11, 2017, 07:40:24 am
This the least anticipated season I can remember.  There is absolutely no excitement in the air.

The shellackings we took against Auburn, Alabama, and LSU, coupled with the second half let downs to end the season aren't conducive to much excitement. Factor in the loss of a valued RB, and I can't blame anyone for not having much more than guarded optimism.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

carolinahogger

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 09, 2017, 06:58:16 pm
You sir are a fair weather fan and that is sad, though folks like you actually exist. You don't have to be miserable, you can still be a fan and hope for the best for the Hogs, but that doesn't sound like who you are inclined to be. They are either great and you are a fan, or they underachieve and you check out because you don't have the maturity to deal with it. At least, that is how it sounds.

lol.  You need to label and judge another fan because he doesn't see things he way you do?  Get over yourself.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on July 11, 2017, 10:05:33 am
The shellackings we took against Auburn, Alabama, and LSU, coupled with the second half let downs to end the season aren't conducive to much excitement. Factor in the loss of a valued RB, and I can't blame anyone for not having much more than guarded optimism.

We have the second worst record in the SEC over the last five years.  Most people aren't completely stupid, and even if they are they might finally notice something that has been going on for half a decade.  Optimistic predictions met with poor to mediocre results over an extended period of time generally result in less and less optimism.

nwahogfan1

Good post Wilson.  I have tried to do this for along time with some success. Thanks for reminding me,

hobhog

Says who? I'm guessing  the stadium will be full just like the past.

Wondering where the excitement is in June/July is laughable.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: carolinahogger on July 11, 2017, 10:13:55 am
lol.  You need to label and judge another fan because he doesn't see things he way you do?  Get over yourself.

If the shoe fits...
Go Hogs Go!

nwahogfan1

Quote from: EastexHawg on July 11, 2017, 10:14:59 am
We have the second worst record in the SEC over the last five years.  Most people aren't completely stupid, and even if they are they might finally notice something that has been going on for half a decade.  Optimistic predictions met with poor to mediocre results over an extended period of time generally result in less and less optimism.

My excitment and focus is on hoping Rhoads and his new assistants can do a much better job of teaching his players on defense and that we have the players to effectively run the newly installed 3-4.

I do not expect miracles but I am hoping for much tighter games with games going into the 4th quarter with us having a chance to win.

HognitiveDissonance

It's always good to talk about perspective.
Funny you mention the proverbial 13-year old. That was about the last age that I remember being truly upset over the outcome. It was a defining moment.

I've been everywhere in the SEC for football games...mostly along the lines of enjoying the game-day experience, seeing their campus and town, etc. If the Hogs won, that was gravy. It was mainly an excuse to be there and make the trip, though.

Some ways to keep perspective that work for me:
I don't watch a lot of games 'live'. I'm content to catch the score and watch it later if I want. I like to be outside during the day. I am NOT going to park on my couch on a nice Saturday afternoon and watch a ball game when there are things to do and golf to be played. I hate being emotionally invested in something I CAN'T CONTROL. It just feels BAD. What wasted energy. Obviously if I'm at the game I have to watch it. But if I'm not there, I'll record and watch it later(unless it's awful). No sense torturing yourself. Also, I simply don't have time to sit on the couch for a three-hour game. I have other things to do and daylight is burning.

I also don't generally have conversations with fans from other teams. I hate that. 'You guys have a nice team' blah blah and all that phony banter. I couldn't care less about your team...and I know you don't care about mine. So there's nothing to talk about. I'm not going to get in your grill about how great the Hogs are...and I sure expect you to leave me alone as well. At the end of the day, I know I'm still going to root for the Hogs and you're going to root for your team, so it's wasted energy to argue about it. Or tease. Or discuss. I hate being a phony so I just leave it alone. At the end of the day, your favorite team is strictly determined by where you grew up; if I grew up in Texas, I would be a fan of one of those teams and probably root against the Hogs.

Finally, this sounds like 'having it both ways', but I get on a high and I'm all-in when the Hogs do well. I'm scouring the papers, TV, highlights, message boards, etc. I want to hear more about. But if they get blown out or not do well, I just ignore it and pretend it didn't happen. I may discuss with other Hog fans, possibly here. But I know if they don't do well, it really doesn't matter at the end of the day. It truly doesn't. It's not life and death. It's not the end of the world if the Hogs are mediocre in everything(which they're not). If that's having it both ways, so be it, I'm guilty.

hobhog

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on July 11, 2017, 10:39:26 am
It's always good to talk about perspective.
Funny you mention the proverbial 13-year old. That was about the last age that I remember being truly upset over the outcome. It was a defining moment.

I've been everywhere in the SEC for football games...mostly along the lines of enjoying the game-day experience, seeing their campus and town, etc. If the Hogs won, that was gravy. It was mainly an excuse to be there and make the trip, though.

Some ways to keep perspective that work for me:
I don't watch a lot of games 'live'. I'm content to catch the score and watch it later if I want. I like to be outside during the day. I am NOT going to park on my couch on a nice Saturday afternoon and watch a ball game when there are things to do and golf to be played. I hate being emotionally invested in something I CAN'T CONTROL. It just feels BAD. What wasted energy. Obviously if I'm at the game I have to watch it. But if I'm not there, I'll record and watch it later(unless it's awful). No sense torturing yourself. Also, I simply don't have time to sit on the couch for a three-hour game. I have other things to do and daylight is burning.

I also don't generally have conversations with fans from other teams. I hate that. 'You guys have a nice team' blah blah and all that phony banter. I couldn't care less about your team...and I know you don't care about mine. So there's nothing to talk about. I'm not going to get in your grill about how great the Hogs are...and I sure expect you to leave me alone as well. At the end of the day, I know I'm still going to root for the Hogs and you're going to root for your team, so it's wasted energy to argue about it. Or tease. Or discuss. I hate being a phony so I just leave it alone. At the end of the day, your favorite team is strictly determined by where you grew up; if I grew up in Texas, I would be a fan of one of those teams and probably dislike the Hogs.

Finally, this sounds like 'having it both ways', but I get on a high and I'm all-in when the Hogs do well. I'm scouring the papers, TV, highlights, message boards, etc. I want to hear more about. But if they get blown out or not do well, I just ignore it and pretend it didn't happen. I may discuss with other Hog fans, possibly here. But I know if they don't do well, it really doesn't matter at the end of the day. It truly doesn't. It's not life and death. It's not the end of the world if the Hogs are mediocre in everything(which they're not). If that's having it both ways, so be it, I'm guilty.

Quit reading when got to "don't watch a lot of games live".....

hoglady

I can take losing a well played game pretty easy - disappointed at first but then realize it could have gone either way.

It's the unexplainable 2nd half collapses (last year), insane play calling (Nutt and PP) or not showing up at all that bug me.
Or when we get blatantly screwed over by the refs.
Those type losses stick with me a while.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: hobhog on July 11, 2017, 10:43:00 am
Quit reading when got to "don't watch a lot of games live".....
Yes, I know that doesn't work for 80% of people. They have to be watching, or have it on radio, and that's great.
But it works for me. I'm either there physically, or generally will catch it later and fast-forward through all the commercials.
I know I'm different. It honestly gives me great angst to be indoors on a nice Saturday afternoon and watch TV. It's a huge case of cabin fever after working all week. I just can't do it, so I'm out doing something. Can watch TV at night.

hogsanity

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on July 11, 2017, 10:57:58 am
Yes, I know that doesn't work for 80% of people. They have to be watching, or have it on radio, and that's great.
But it works for me. I'm either there physically, or generally will catch it later and fast-forward through all the commercials.
I know I'm different. It honestly gives me great angst to be indoors on a nice Saturday afternoon and watch TV. It's a huge case of cabin fever after working all week. I just can't do it, so I'm out doing something. Can watch TV at night.

I dvr alot of games, but I try to avoid the score. I too find it hard to stay inside on a beautiful fall Sat to watch a 31/2-4 hr game. Mow the yard, go fishing, play catch with my sons, or a dozen other things.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorsharptusk

Great information and stories here for me.  I think with me, as I get older, it get's more tolerable.  Not easier, but tolerable.  I too was one of those guys that would tear the arms off the chair and holler at the TV.  My son is like, "dad...they can't hear you..."   Now that I'm getting older, the passion is still there, but the energy to act out is lessening.
GO HOGS!!

colbs

Quote from: EastexHawg on July 11, 2017, 10:14:59 am
Anyone can take a timeframe and make the stats favor their argument.  Like if BB has been saying the first 20 games he was tied for the worst record in the league and the last 20 games they are like top 3 in wins.  JLS year and BB's first year really bring the numbers down.  I think the lack of optimism is due to the way the season ended last year.  The year before there was a lot of excitement because the strong finish late in the year. 

I personally am excited for the season because I am interested to see how this team responds to last year.   As bad as they looked last year they still should have won 8 or 9 games.  I'm looking for more consistency this year.   

NoogaHog

Here's a bit of perspective: My Father-in-law, who was a Green Beret for 3 tours in Vietnam, told me about walking for 2 days out of the jungle to a camp with a TV to watch the Arkansas-Texas "Game of the Century" in a crowded tent with a small TV in the middle of the night.

Now I can pull up that game on my phone.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

WilsonHog

When I hear someone lament that they aren't excited for the coming season, I automatically conclude that their enjoyment is tied to wins and losses.

Wildhog

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 11, 2017, 02:55:53 pm
When I hear someone lament that they aren't excited for the coming season, I automatically conclude that their enjoyment is tied to wins and losses.

I'm always excited about football season. 

But there's absolutely a correlation between winning and my level of enjoyment.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

WilsonHog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 11, 2017, 03:00:27 pm
I'm always excited about football season. 

But there's absolutely a correlation between winning and my level of enjoyment.

To some degree, there is for me as well. However, football games give me an excuse to spend a weekend in NW Arkansas (which I would do 52 times a year, if possible).

For me, think of it this way. If you told me that I was going to spend a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning driving to Fayetteville, eat at Herman's and maybe the Catfish Hole, spend a few hours on campus, watch a Razorback football game with my family, then have a leisurely drive home on Sunday afternoon, I would characterize that as a nearly perfect weekend. If we win, then it becomes a perfect weekend.

Wildhog

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 11, 2017, 03:17:55 pm
To some degree, there is for me as well. However, football games give me an excuse to spend a weekend in NW Arkansas (which I would do 52 times a year, if possible).

For me, think of it this way. If you told me that I was going to spend a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning driving to Fayetteville, eat at Herman's and maybe the Catfish Hole, spend a few hours on campus, watch a Razorback football game with my family, then have a leisurely drive home on Sunday afternoon, I would characterize that as a nearly perfect weekend. If we win, then it becomes a perfect weekend.

A perfectly reasonable position.
1909/1964/1965/1977

After my child starting playing an individual sport at a high level, I grew more mellow about Razorback athletic outcomes. No matter what happens, I'm not as vested in it as I am my child's sport. I can more watch and enjoy the process rather than just worry about the result. And if the result is bad, it's not my job to console the players.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Karma on July 11, 2017, 03:33:59 pm
After my child starting playing an individual sport at a high level, I grew more mellow about Razorback athletic outcomes. No matter what happens, I'm not as vested in it as I am my child's sport. I can more watch and enjoy the process rather than just worry about the result. And if the result is bad, it's not my job to console the players.

Agreed, good point.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

hobhog

Quote from: hogsanity on July 11, 2017, 11:09:05 am
I dvr alot of games, but I try to avoid the score. I too find it hard to stay inside on a beautiful fall Sat to watch a 31/2-4 hr game. Mow the yard, go fishing, play catch with my sons, or a dozen other things.

Wow. "Mow the lawn".

Do you not have a sock drawer you can organize?

Wildhog

I don't remember so many "I don't care if the Hogs win or not" posts before Bielema.  Pretty weird.
1909/1964/1965/1977

JJHog

I'm not so sure you can flip a switch like that.

But I have mellowed with age -- what used to bother me for 3-4 days now only last about 24 hours.

" Think Right, Do Right"

hobhog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 11, 2017, 04:43:54 pm
I don't remember so many "I don't care if the Hogs win or not" posts before Bielema.  Pretty weird.
[/quote

^^^^ born yesterday^^^^^

Wildhog

Quote from: hobhog on July 11, 2017, 05:11:59 pm
Quote from: Wildhog on July 11, 2017, 04:43:54 pm
[/quote

^^^^ born yesterday^^^^^

Been on this board for over ten years.  Never has the "don't care if we win" sentiment been so prevalent.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 11, 2017, 05:22:39 pm

Been on this board for over ten years.  Never has the "don't care if we win" sentiment been so prevalent.

I think some confuse "don't care if we win" with shooting your son, or whatever the Bama fan did.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: JJHog on July 11, 2017, 04:58:02 pm
I'm not so sure you can flip a switch like that.

But I have mellowed with age -- what used to bother me for 3-4 days now only last about 24 hours.

I'm too busy to stay pissed for more than a couple hours.

I bottle it up, deep inside.

Falling Down style.
This is my non-signature signature.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Snorts on July 11, 2017, 07:17:19 am
I'm 65.  I discovered the Hogs when I was 12.  They were the only thing in my life from Arkansas that one ever heard about, the only thing positive at that time from my home state.  I lived on Air Force Bases much of my early life, and followed them the best I could.

Been to a lot of games at Razorback Stadium, a few at War Memorial, watched them on TV, including the big win in 1971 after a near fistfight to keep the TV in the day room on the game.  Religously followed the Hogs while coaching in Texass, defending them to my fellow Coaches who always took great glee in mentioning any SWC losses.  Had season tickets for years once we moved back permanently to the NWA area.  Losing ruined my week, and some of the recent losses, accompanied by what I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt to be a lack of effort by the players, have hurt all the more keenly.  I must say that the Women's BBall players kneeling for the anthem, combined with the Administrations assurances that they supported them, didn't help my mindset.

At some point last season I realized that I wasn't having a lot of fun at the games any more.  The constant blaring of the commercials, the endless ramps, the silly games on the big screen, the incredibly long lines at the concession stands, the gates of hell heat in September in those East stands, the all-day commitment of tailgating made attending the games seem more of a chore than a delight.  Throw in the fact that I am an INTJ, if you get that, and that is magnified from the PTSD I deal with, and the crowds have become insufferable. 

Like the man said, I am too old to do things that don't give me pleasure.  The wife and I talked about it a long time.  We camp a lot, and had basically quit camping in the fall, prime camping weather, to attend games.  No longer.  We are going to hit the campgrounds and do our best to watch or listen to the games from our trailer.  The money we saved finances our outdoor activities this year.

I am not sure I like this, our keeping the program at a bit of an arm's length, but it is what it is. 

Go Hogs

We actually started to camp game weekends and still attend the games. Going back to the campground after a game win or lose gives us a relaxing feeling. A lot of people are doing that. We tent camp but the number of RV's and trailers in the campgrounds yet those people are still going to the games is crazy! Get the best of both activities!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

MuskogeeHogFan

I think that those who say, "I don't care" are just saying it more often so it seems like there are more of those types.
Go Hogs Go!

Wildhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 11, 2017, 05:47:47 pm
I think that those who say, "I don't care" are just saying it more often so it seems like there are more of those types.

Possibly.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hobhog

Quote from: Snorts on July 11, 2017, 07:17:19 am

Go Hogs

You certainly deserve your retirement from game day festivities. It is a definite commitment most don't make and you have more than paid your dues. Nothing wrong with supporting the Hogs from a campsite, especially with Hog colors flying.

I'm 56 and plan on going another few years before scaling back. Just hoping the younger generation feels the urge to physically attend games instead of easy button big screens but have my doubts. Administrators have their hands full making it attractive enough for people to make effort to go these days.

Either way, I am sure I will not lose any enthusiasm for the Hogs thru age. May not let it ruin my week anymore, but I will be watching/listening til 6 feet under....

JOKERHOG

Quote from: hawgon on July 09, 2017, 07:11:38 pm
Nope, when I'm satisfied that the commitment is there, I'm there rain or shine, win, lose, or draw.  When I'm satisfied that it isn't, there is no need to be interested or to reward it.  Is there any other area in your life where you consider it a virtue to reward lack of commitment?

With you as usual hawon.  Nothing to get excited about anymore.  My standing prediction is 7-6 until changes are made and we take winning on the field seriously again.
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

JOKERHOG

Quote from: hobhog on July 11, 2017, 10:18:50 am
Says who? I'm guessing  the stadium will be full just like the past.

Wondering where the excitement is in June/July is laughable.

Laughable?  How about june/july 2010 and 2011?  There was excitement year round in those days
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

hogsanity

Why do so many of you confuse people saying they are to going to act like a jackass, scream, yell , curse, make others miserable, break things, and be a generally lousy to be around for hours or days after a loss with people not caring if the Hogs win or lose?

I care or I would not watch the games, but I refuse to let the outcome rule my life.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Porkchop#1

Our fan base has plenty of those "whipped us and made us like it" sorts nowadays.  That's the bad news.

The good news is...we're Long on integrity.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 11, 2017, 08:49:04 pm
With you as usual hawon.  Nothing to get excited about anymore.  My standing prediction is 7-6 until changes are made and we take winning on the field seriously again.

So the players don't take winning seriously. I don't agree with you at all on this.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on July 11, 2017, 09:27:03 pm
Why do so many of you confuse people saying they are to going to act like a jackass, scream, yell , curse, make others miserable, break things, and be a generally lousy to be around for hours or days after a loss with people not caring if the Hogs win or lose?

I care or I would not watch the games, but I refuse to let the outcome rule my life.

Probably because we don't believe a word your saying.  I've got my own thoughts about what's behind the facade but I'll refrain from getting in too deep, doesn't really serve any purpose other than extending the argument about who's the best fan. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 12, 2017, 08:29:10 am
Probably because we don't believe a word your saying.  I've got my own thoughts about what's behind the facade but I'll refrain from getting in too deep, doesn't really serve any purpose other than extending the argument about who's the best fan. 

Really? You do not believe it is possible to be a fan of a team without acting like every loss is the end of the world? Umm, okay.

hawgon

Quote from: hogsanity on July 12, 2017, 09:02:44 am
Really? You do not believe it is possible to be a fan of a team without acting like every loss is the end of the world? Umm, okay.

Who is talking about acting as though a loss is the end of the world?  It isn't enjoyable and it isn't worth spending money on if seven win seasons are the accepted standard.  That's it.  In fact, when that is the accepted standard, I tend to respond to a loss by calmly going about my business and remembering why I rarely go to games anymore.  I only actually get upset these days when we do well enough that a loss has actual consequences. 

forrest city joe

I don't feel that way. i am always excited when a new season starts. but i must admit that i get the same feel from being around some people this year who always use to be excited about the season.but it's just not there for them this season.they don't seem to be excited. maybe all the losing has taken a toll on them.maybe it's how last season ended(blowing big leads in the last 2 game) but not me. i am always excited about a new season.and i am excited about this one.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on July 12, 2017, 09:02:44 am
You mean like you do in basketball?stop acting like you don't react the same way as others.all you do is rant after losses on Jump ball.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on July 12, 2017, 09:26:20 am
Who is talking about acting as though a loss is the end of the world?  It isn't enjoyable and it isn't worth spending money on if seven win seasons are the accepted standard.  That's it.  In fact, when that is the accepted standard, I tend to respond to a loss by calmly going about my business and remembering why I rarely go to games anymore.  I only actually get upset these days when we do well enough that a loss has actual consequences. 

And that's "your" perspective, doesn't mean it fits anyone else's. There's always bandwagon fans, hoping on and off, it's their exercise. Of course, whether or not you or I are upset has nothing to do with how the team plays.

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 12, 2017, 09:46:03 am
I don't feel that way. i am always excited when a new season starts. but i must admit that i get the same feel from being around some people this year who always use to be excited about the season.but it's just not there for them this season.they don't seem to be excited. maybe all the losing has taken a toll on them.maybe it's how last season ended(blowing big leads in the last 2 game) but not me. i am always excited about a new season.and i am excited about this one.

We are talking about different things. The Op was not about standards for the program, or a set # of wins that people find "acceptable". It was about not being such a jerk when watching games that others can not stand to be around you. It was about enjoying the moment, either at the games or watching wherever, and not letting the outcome of a game THAT YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER impact how you behave, not just during but afterwards as well.

I've enjoyed countless games watching at home with my kids. Often times we dvr it, spend time outside playing catch for a while, go watch the 1st half, back out for some backyard football, then back in to watch the rest. The way some here talk, if the Hogs were losing, I should be screaming about how the coach sucks, or the AD does not want to win, or some other such nonsense, instead of enjoying the day. I should put, and be physically sick over a loss for days on end afterwards. Why?

forrest city joe

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 11, 2017, 02:55:53 pm
I am excited about every Razorback season.excited about this one.and yea i my  enjoyment of Razorback football is tied to wins and losses.winning matters to the Hogs players and coaches.and it matters to me as a fan. it makes me sick when they lose. I admit it.when Auburn beat the Hogs 56 to 3,last year. it made me throw up!