Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Article on Andre The Giant's Last Years

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, January 29, 2016, 02:08:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Pretty informative article on the last years of Andre the Giant's life.  I sure learned a lot that I didn't know about him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/goliaths-fall-never-knew-life-141549711.html
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

husker71

really interesting   I had no idea he was wrestling in those final years   Do you think he had money problems??  I thought he had to make a ton since he was just brought in for a match or 2 but maybe just the opposite since he did not work 300+ nights a year like most do now

DeltaBoy

I wonder how much of this is going to used on the HBO special that coming out.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

husker71

on the Bill Simmons podcast with David Shoemaker (just type in Bill Simmons Podcast Soundcloud to listen) they talk about Andres last few matches and how much time he spent just hanging on the ropes.

DeltaBoy

Sad to see such a man die so young.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.