Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unify the IC and US title!

Started by heartattackhogs, March 11, 2015, 11:13:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

heartattackhogs

Last year WWE combined the world and wwe titles to make the wwe world title. This year they need to do the same with the mid card titles. Especially since names like john cena and Daniel Bryan are competing for them at this upcoming wrestlemania. I think they should unify it call it the wwe national championship. This is the best name for a unified title I could think of. I think it fits and it would allow only one top mid career which I believe would be better for the company. What say you?

Doug

Absolutely not.

They need to remain separate titles.

A unified title wouldn't carry as much stigma as the US championship around Rusev's waist does right now.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

The_Iceman

They need to feature one mostly on Raw and one on Smackdown. This will allow more time to develop the storylines. With the talent coming up from NXT, they will have the depth to do this.

hvsupastar

I wish raw and smack down would go back to being separate myself. I don't hardly ever watch smack down.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hvsupastar on March 12, 2015, 07:01:30 pm
I wish raw and smack down would go back to being separate myself. I don't hardly ever watch smack down.
You should try. It has been pretty good lately. I almost never watched it myself but have been able the last couple weeks and it has been good to me.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: hvsupastar on March 12, 2015, 07:01:30 pm

I never watch SmackDown! 
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

who knows

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

heartattackhogs

Going back to the topic though. 1. A WWE National Championship to me sounds pretty rad. 2. The match unifying the two titles would make a remarkable one just for all the history of the two titles. 3. A unified title establishes only ONE top mid carder aka next in line for the world title.

RD

If the strap stays on Brock Lesnar (which it may), they will push the IC Titles (on Bryan) and US title (on Cena) to elevate them.

Eddie Goodson

Rusev has already elevated that title to a great degree. They could easily elevate to IC by stopping making the champ a jobber. Either make the heel a heel and doninate ir cheat his way to wins or make the face a winner.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton