Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Garand vs Enfield

Started by pigture perfect, April 09, 2014, 11:04:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

One of the first rifles I ever owned was an Enfield 303. I have always wanted a Garand. I don't have the .303 any more, my bad. Bit been thinking about getting some more WWII ERA weapons.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

95_alum

Via the CMP? Field Grade? Service Grade...?

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Filthy_McSwine

I just got another 200 rounds of their Greek 30.06 ammo. 

DeltaBoy

Both are Solid Rifles and I have shot them both !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Albert Einswine

My first deer rifle was a Lee Enfield that had been sporterized. It was a great, fun gun to shoot. I dealt it away in a later gun acquisition deal. My youngest son recently purchased a very nice service grade M-1 from the CMP. Awesome gun and very fun to shoot.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

DeltaBoy

The Lee Enfield was the fastest cycling Bolt action ever built.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Hawgon

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 16, 2014, 12:23:10 pm
The Lee Enfield was the fastest cycling Bolt action ever built.

Nah, with military rifles that title would probably belong to the Ross rifle or the Swiss K 31.

Albert Einswine

K31, straight pull genius.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hawgon

Quote from: Albert Einswine on April 16, 2014, 01:09:23 pm
K31, straight pull genius.

A straight pull is, in fact, a bolt action.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Hawgon on April 16, 2014, 01:45:52 pm
A straight pull is, in fact, a bolt action.

Doesn't everybody know that?

DeltaBoy

Albert Einswine

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 17, 2014, 09:33:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOT0EqNDbC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFYZHLuxXZ8

The Lee Rocks and was known as the fastest shooting Bolt action in WW1

The next decent deal I can find on a Lee Enfield that sucker is mine.