Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Talking Heads

Started by labb, March 12, 2018, 02:35:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

labb

Are any of the talking heads picking the Razorbacks over Butler?

010HogFan

When the bracket first came out, I think it was Seth Davis that picked us to beat Butler and Purdue on the selection show. Kenny and Charles also picked us to advance past Butler.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

AHorseWithNoName

If we decide to play like we did against Auburn and Florida, we'll be in the sweet 16.  If we play like we did against Missouri, then we're going home.
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

cosmodrum

I think David Byrne has us going to the Elite 8.
Go away, batin'

WxHog

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 12, 2018, 02:36:30 pm
When the bracket first came out, I think it was Seth Davis that picked us to beat Butler and Purdue on the selection show. Kenny and Charles also picked us to advance past Butler.

Seth Davis has us going to the Sweet 16. He says:

"I conveniently ticked off two fan bases (Butler and Purdue) when I picked Arkansas to go to the Sweet 16 during the selection show, but hear me out. First of all, I've liked Purdue all year and said I was openly rooting for the Boilermakers to go to the Final Four. But I saw them play twice in person, and I came away suspecting they would be vulnerable against teams that had a lot of perimeter athletes. Arkansas has that in spades, but what it really has is 6-foot-11 freshman center Daniel Gafford. Most teams have elected to play Isaac Haas straight up, but Gafford is the kind of player who could really do it well. And if the Razorbacks can neutralize Haas with one guy, that would give them a huge advantage. Remember, Arkansas nearly knocked off North Carolina in the second round last year. That team is very difficult to prepare for on a 48-hour turnaround."

https://theathletic.com/270550/2018/03/12/hoop-thoughts-going-deep-into-the-bracket-region-by-region-all-predictions-guaranteed/

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: labb on March 12, 2018, 02:35:24 pm
Are any of the talking heads picking the Razorbacks over Butler?

Bilas just said the seeds should be reversed to general agreement of everyone on the ESPN set.

The popular vote is showing Butler as the most likely upset.

No one has to be a great fan of MA and I am certainly not but his record as a 1st round favorite at UAB, MU, and Arkansas is 6-0.  He draws mid-range seeds and gets by round one to lose to a top team in round two.

Oliver

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 12, 2018, 03:08:45 pm

He's right about Once in a Lifetime

niels_boar

On Friday night when we were playing beautiful basketball against UF on both ends everybody was watching Duke - UNC.  Then we got to play a #3-seed on 15 hours rest, which they all saw. We didn't play well.  Shocking.  The notion that Arkansas was no better than a #10 seed after going 8-3 down the stretch with wins at Bama (#9 seed), A&M (#7 seed), Auburn (#4 seed), and at neutral UF (#6 -seed) is a load of crap.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Dr. Starcs

Bilas said before the Tennessee game that Barford and Macon were playing great basketball.

He obviously hadn't watched the first two sect games when Macon was struggling.

davril98

Quote from: Oliver on March 12, 2018, 08:00:59 pm
He's right about Once in a Lifetime
Nice one!
Let's hope the hogs play like psycho killers

alohawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 12, 2018, 08:12:34 pm
Bilas said before the Tennessee game that Barford and Macon were playing great basketball.

He obviously hadn't watched the first two sect games when Macon was struggling.

If those two both hit on all cylinders, the rest of the team just play consistently decent, a sweet 16 could happen......at least.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Lady Razorback

Quote from: alohawg on March 12, 2018, 08:17:54 pm
If those two both hit on all cylinders, the rest of the team just play consistently decent, a sweet 16 could happen......at least.

These are my thoughts entirely.  Even to the....at least.  ;D

alohawg

Quote from: Lady Razorback on March 12, 2018, 08:26:46 pm
These are my thoughts entirely.  Even to the....at least.  ;D

lol, I really want to see these seniors go out with a bang. We hog fans are starving for it too. Go hogs!!!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

popcornhog

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on March 12, 2018, 03:04:55 pm
If we decide to play like we did against Auburn and Florida, we'll be in the sweet 16.  If we play like we did against Missouri, then we're going home.

If we are moving the ball and playing good perimeter D we really should be able to beat Butler.

Purdue is another story. If we play our best game we could still lose. It's absolutely winnable but it isn't as simple as saying we'll win if we play like we did against AU and UF.

I just cannot wait for Friday. If we beat Butler I really think I'm gonna head up to Detroit on Saturday.
WPS

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Hoggish1

Bradley says final four.  I say NCpions

Gonzo

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 12, 2018, 03:08:45 pm

He's burning down the house with that prediction, hope he's right

Go Hogs!

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: popcornhog on March 13, 2018, 08:15:00 am
If we are moving the ball and playing good perimeter D we really should be able to beat Butler.

Purdue is another story. If we play our best game we could still lose. It's absolutely winnable but it isn't as simple as saying we'll win if we play like we did against AU and UF.

I just cannot wait for Friday. If we beat Butler I really think I'm gonna head up to Detroit on Saturday.

If we play like we played against AU and FU, and play good defense, we can play with anyone in the country.  Stop drinking the Purdue kool-aid
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

hogsanity

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on March 14, 2018, 09:07:57 am
If we play like we played against AU and FU, and play good defense, we can play with anyone in the country.  Stop drinking the Purdue kool-aid

Purdue does a couple things very well that seems to give the Hogs fits. They shoot the 3 extremely well, and they are tough on the boards.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE