Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has Anyone Heard From Dickie V?

Started by chiefhawg, September 29, 2017, 04:21:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefhawg

The "Dick" was quick to attack an upstanding college student (Moses) but crickets about one of his boyz.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: chiefhawg on September 29, 2017, 04:21:43 pm
The "Dick" was quick to attack an upstanding college student (Moses) but crickets about one of his boyz.

He's appauled by everything.  Good twitter follow right now. 

Hog_Swanson

What happened with one of his boys?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

FineAsSwine

Moses Beasley?
Hogs up! Covid down!

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

IronMountainHog

In a couple years he will be a Diaper Dandy himself.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Kevin

he knew what was going on, everyone in the business knew what was going on. they just would not snitch on each other.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogwood

That old geezer probably donates to KY and Duke so they can get the blue chips.

Paul

He is & always has been the fluffer for the "elite" programs & coaches

Hoggish1

MakingPlays

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 29, 2017, 06:20:48 pm
https://twitter.com/dickiev/status/913842733432926208 He's trying to back up ole Pitino, as they are best friends.

Wow, did he really tweet that.

The logic in that is so flawed.  He's acting as if it's not his responsibility to make good hires and actually know what his employees/assistants are doing.  That's the main part in being a head coach at a major university.  If he doesn't know how to manage and/or control his hires he needs to go coach at his local boys and girls club, that's the only place I know of where the Head Coach doesn't hold any responsibility for what his staff does. 

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: Kevin on September 29, 2017, 06:31:46 pm
he knew what was going on, everyone in the business knew what was going on. they just would not snitch on each other.
If the truth be known, I'll be Anderson knew about it too and could name names.  But, if he snitched he would have been blackballed by everybody in the business.  Now, if the FBI puts everybody under oath, then let the chips fall where they may.  This thing is far from over.  Follow the money.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Kevin

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on September 30, 2017, 04:39:46 pm
  If the truth be known, I'll be Anderson knew about it too and could name names.  But, if he snitched he would have been blackballed by everybody in the business.  Now, if the FBI puts everybody under oath, then let the chips fall where they may.  This thing is far from over.  Follow the money.

exactly correct.

just like in the movie, untouchables, Mr. Ness, everybody knows where the booze is. The problem isn't finding it, the problem is who wants to cross Capone.

nobody is going to cross anyone
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

bulldog04

But if CMA doesn't have actual proof what can he do. The NCAA isn't going to do anything. Who knows he may have contacted the FBI.  If he went to Long about it he would tell him to leave it alone because it might hurt their image

ShadowHawg

Knowledge without evidence is known as rumor in the legal sense.

Only a fool would make such serious accusations without evidence. People running multimillion dollar basketball programs do not have the time available to gather evidence on other basketball programs.

Is there any reach Kevi isn't willing to make to try and besmirch MA? Sad considering his sig line.

1highhog

I'm sure that everybody in the whole business knew what was going on, but, for someone doing things the right way, if you tried to turn in someone for doing wrong without proof, as has already been mentioned, you could be hurt worse than they would.  I'm anxious to see how this is going to play out in the next year or so.

Kevin

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 30, 2017, 05:46:31 pm
Knowledge without evidence is known as rumor in the legal sense.

Only a fool would make such serious accusations without evidence. People running multimillion dollar basketball programs do not have the time available to gather evidence on other basketball programs.

Is there any reach Kevi isn't willing to make to try and besmirch MA? Sad considering his sig line.

I am not trying to besmirch MA.

The fact is nobody can make a blanket statement that anyone will not be touched by this investigation.
name any big time coach who most think are clean, I would say the same thing.

college basketball is a dirty business.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 29, 2017, 06:20:48 pm
https://twitter.com/dickiev/status/913842733432926208 He's trying to back up ole Pitino, as they are best friends.

Dickie V is more of another type of V............................the female type.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Kevin on October 02, 2017, 09:29:05 am
I am not trying to besmirch MA.

The fact is nobody can make a blanket statement that anyone will not be touched by this investigation.
name any big time coach who most think are clean, I would say the same thing.

college basketball is a dirty business.

Keep your fingers crossed
Hogs up! Covid down!

Ironhawg

Can you imagine Dickie V if Duke was involved?  They'd have to start giving him plastic utensils and keeping him away from tall buldings.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 02, 2017, 09:16:17 pm
Can you imagine Dickie V if Duke was involved?  They'd have to start giving him plastic utensils and keeping him away from tall buldings.

Wouldn't be shocked one bit, coach k knew he had to crack into the AAu circuit.  He didn't do that by just start talking to coaches

rzrbackramsfan

Man Dick Vitale is not a good follow on twitter.

ChicoHog

He was interviewed on XM ESPNU (college sports) radio last week.  He said he called Pitino when he heard the news and urged him to resign immediately.  Vitale was really harsh on anyone who cheats, the shoe companies and mostly the AAU street agents who are ruining it for everyone.  I've never been a big fan of him broadcasting because he drives me nutts listening to him during games but the man is passionate about basketball and knows what he is talking about. 

Cinco de Hogo

Remember back when a certain Tennessee coach snitched on Alabama?  It wasn't pretty after that and if I remember even our fans thought less of him.  No one really respects integrity anymore.

azhog10

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 03, 2017, 12:39:27 am
He was interviewed on XM ESPNU (college sports) radio last week.  He said he called Pitino when he heard the news and urged him to resign immediately.  Vitale was really harsh on anyone who cheats, the shoe companies and mostly the AAU street agents who are ruining it for everyone.  I've never been a big fan of him broadcasting because he drives me nutts listening to him during games but the man is passionate about basketball and knows what he is talking about.
He also said he believes that Pitino didn't know, and it's impossible for Head Coaches to know exactly what their assistants are doing. He made a lot of excuses for him.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on September 30, 2017, 04:39:46 pm
This supposedly is why Bruce Pearl became disliked way back in the day.
He was the assistant who turned in Illinois back in the late 80s, and they got busted.
The other coaches hated Pearl because he was doing the same things but turning someone else in. Hypocritical, basically.

Pearl's days go way back...