Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Offical "Who do you want for Head Coach" Thread

Started by batmanfan, January 18, 2006, 10:05:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

January 18, 2006, 10:05:45 pm Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 10:19:04 pm by batmanfan
I hope one of you Admins/Mods can sticky this.  I left after the end of regulation because I knew they wouldn't have the heart or desire to win that.  Or maybe they were just to "tired".  I just heard what happened at the end and if that's true this team is a disgrace to the once proud program.  I don't like dissing college kids but this team is a sack of shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhittttttttttteeee.

Now onto business....We know this bull is over so.....Who are your top coaching candidates?  I'll count down.

BACK-UP PLANS
Adam Kenedy, Cincinnati- Coached well so far this year, even though his requiting is a question.

Bob Huggins, unemployed- nice backup plan

Mike Anderson, UAB- fun ass style but requiting is a major question.

John Beeline(SP?), West Virginia- fun but no defense....requiting in a bit of question

Main Candidates

5.Jamie Kenedy, Pitt- great coach who always coaches underachieving teams.

4.Rick Magerus, ESPN- We could get him if he wants to coach again.

3.Rick Pitino, Louisville- isn't number one because he'd be the toughest to get...even though he'd be interested.

2.Lorenzo Romar, Washington- fun ass style, great requiting.  Sign him up....but if there is someone better...

Thad Matta, Ohio St. Come on home Thad...like Pitino and Romar, theres nothing to dislike.

My final words....DONT GO CHEAP FRANK, YOU OLD SOB.  The state of the program for decades will depend on this hire

Reply with your please.

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

murray-vegas

no big school coach is gonna take it, you have to go small school again.

Dana Altman of Creighton?

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

John Futrall

bosshawg38

CiriusPorker

Why did this get stickied?  Is it that important?

Not bitching, just curious...just seems like its more speculation and getting worked up over a loss.

WichitaStateRazorback

Galleywinter

I'm for Mike, but Frank would never go there. Majerus is one Ho Ho away from the big one. I'm going with Chris Sabo.

batmanfan

Haha, you guys are settling for mediocrity...Why do you want another UP AND COMER?!?!  This is the 8th best basketball program of all time, it will be terrible it we hire another mid-major coach.

Many will be interested and if Frank isn't busy getting bossed around by Lindsey and his new wife he'll get a winner.

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

RazorNick

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

HOUSTON NUTT!

FRANK HERE'S AN IDEA:  This basketball season is over anyway, let Nutt and Heath trade now so then we will have a chance in Football since the HC there isn't going to have any responsibilities anyway.  Plus we will get more close-ups of Nutt on the sidelines......what entertainment for the fans!!!

Then we will be BACK BABY!!!!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Ridgerunnerpiggie

Mike Anderson...how many times has he been to the Big Dance!

Boss Hogg

RazorWire

yraciv

RazorWire

Actually I've got the best idea. Hire Dennis Rodman. Yeah thats right. I would like to be able to go to a game and be entertained at least.

jkelly107

Squealers

Steve Alford.   Young, aggressive, good winning percentage, worked wonders at SMSU, and would be able to do the same here.  He would bring fire to the program, along with sound fundamentals.

Hire Steve Alford at the end of the season.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

cream$$$

Coach V. Slocombe

Alford is a good idea........................anyone but Heath.............................. :puke:
I don't put on the uniform to play the game, I put on the uniform to win the game.   Larry Bird
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.  Vince Lombardi

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

benbro

Mike Anderson.  Recruiting would be much easier at AR than UAB.  Do you honestly think Heath's recruits for next year wouldn't still come.  They would still be playing at the same facilities they fell in love with around the same players they wanted to play with and would have a much better coach that would be willing to whip their butts into shape.  I think it's a no brainer.  If only Frank would try to get him and he would be willing to come.

fieldturf

Hipster!!!! He's very vocal and a firebreathing asre eating prick!  That's exactly what you got to have as a coach.  I know he had to duct tape his mouth to keep from making up cuss words for the refs.

hogindallas

I love this board, and am as disappointed as anyone in the basketball team's underachievement under Heath...having said that....if FB fires Heath (whose made relative progress each year...albeit disappointing) before Nuttball(who has had 2 horrible losing seasons) then we see what the problem with the program is...the guy that brought both of these greenhorns here in the first place! 

This team, even after a disappointing, unexpected loss at Miss. St, could've and should've swept the 2 games in AL this week and been right back in the thick of things.

Redbeard

Bob Huggins (with an ethics contract like Bobby Knight had when he was at Indiana)

CiriusPorker

gus malzahn...surely he can run the no huddle (no time-out) in basketball!

hogsanity

FIrst, they showed alot of heart in OT.  Down 5 come back to tie it, then play great D, force 2 bad shots only to see one so bad that it bounced 15 off the rim right to their big man who was dogging it at the FT line. 

As for the coach, if Heath is done, I want them to hire one of you who want him gone, then you will finally get to actually do the job, then you would have the standing to be critical of other coaches. 

Someone please tell me what else was Heath supposed t do last night.  They lost the rebounding battle by 1.  got outchot at the FT line 33-9.  Start who in Jeffersons place in OT, McCurdy?  He got lit up 3 or 4 times in his brief 1st half appearance.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogfancb

bdutt

"Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who usually do."

Mike Tencleve

Stan Heath! Wait a minute he is our coach and he will be next year!!!!!!!

O_Coordinator4Hire

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: ballinhog on January 19, 2006, 12:20:57 am
Quote from: clemensrules01 on January 18, 2006, 10:16:55 pm
NOLAN RICHARDSON

Ditto

Make me the 3rd. 

Does anyone know if Mitch can coach?  Might as well pin the hopes of 2 sports on his sleeves. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

claycohog

Cajun Hog

The number 1 replacement choice of Stan I'M NOT the man is Billy Gillespie of Texas A & M.  Gig em Aggie's.

Inigo Montoya

firecampbell

I want Majerus if he can stay healthy enough to coach, or I want Billy Gillispie from Texas A&M.  that guy does a whole lot with very little.  great coach

WindyCityHog

Rick Majerus.

Someone said Steve Alford.  Do you really want that kind of coach?  The All-American boy allowed his best player, Pierre Pierce, to play....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Pierce

pikehog

razorson

bring back the oldtimers Stewart  who coached      Mizzou, or Dale ?  from LSU, now they would kick some refs ass.

HogKong