Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daytona 2018

Started by Buff, February 17, 2018, 02:49:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

My next favorite driver finished 5th in the ARCA race last weekend in her first Daytona run, after winning the pole.  Natalie Decker can drive as good as she looks. 

I missed the trucks but it's surprising to see Toyota out of the Top-6.

5 Fords starting in the Top-10 tomorrow for the 500.  Let's see if Toyota looks like they're playing by their own engine rules this year.

Buff

February 17, 2018, 04:36:35 pm #1 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:48:13 pm by Buff
Again, Xfinity drivers are accidents waiting to happen.  Getting ready for G-W-C #4.  This race set the series caution record at Daytona.

Edit:  Scratch that.  Now on to OT #5.

Buff

Now I remember all those things I didn't like about the Fox pre-race productions.

Screw it, I want to see Danica win this race.

Racinray

Just race....enough of the pre-race.

ImHogginIt

I predict Bad Brad wins his first 500 today

Buff

Oh crap, DW will not shut up.  Each of the last 5 years I have thought that he could not get any more irritating, and yet each of those years I have been wrong. 

They might as well be reading requests from sponsors on which drivers to talk about right now.

Buff

Caution's out, let's finish this commercial up and then run 4 more.  Our viewers don't really care about the race anyway.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 18, 2018, 02:00:00 pm
I predict Bad Brad wins his first 500 today
If not him, it will be another Ford. Just not Hamlin.

Buff

Not seeing a clear winner in the engine department yet.  Toyota took an early lead, Ford has driven around Chevy for the lead, and then Chevy drove around Ford for the lead.  Not looking like last year when Toyota seemed to have an extra 50 horses under their hoods.

Wonder if Toyota's obvious dominance last year did any harm to Nascar's pocketbooks. 

I wish Dodge would come back.  That R6 put out some serious power.

ImHogginIt

I predict a cautionfest the last 30 laps with these lose cars and guys getting aggressive

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 18, 2018, 02:31:53 pm
I predict a cautionfest the last 30 laps with these lose cars and guys getting aggressive

I've been worried about the future of this series as so many of the best get closer to retirement and get replaced with corporate robots. 

But some of these younger cookie-cutter robots are getting aggressive, I like it!  Halo bumpers within 5 years.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on February 18, 2018, 02:34:25 pm
I've been worried about the future of this series as so many of the best get closer to retirement and get replaced with corporate robots. 

But some of these younger cookie-cutter robots are getting aggressive, I like it!  Halo bumpers within 5 years.

They have talent. Its just weird how damn young so many of them are. Everyone thought Logano was too young when he got into Cup and now we have a bunch of pimple faces out there at once. Hopefully in the next year or two it will be a great thing for the sport. Things had gotten really stale the past couple years.

Buff

Kyle Busch wrecked.  In only 3 more commercials, I'll get to find out what happened.

It's been over 5 minutes now, and they switched to full-screen commercials.  I still have no idea WTH happened, but I'll likely have to listen to another 2 minutes of DW's rambling before they tell us why Kyle Busch wrecked.

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 18, 2018, 02:47:29 pm
They have talent. Its just weird how damn young so many of them are. Everyone thought Logano was too young when he got into Cup and now we have a bunch of pimple faces out there at once. Hopefully in the next year or two it will be a great thing for the sport. Things had gotten really stale the past couple years.

Watch some ARCA racing this year when you can.  The Venturini team has a stable of drivers who could all be in this race within the next few years.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on February 18, 2018, 02:50:09 pm
Kyle Busch wrecked.  In only 3 more commercials, I'll get to find out what happened.

I'm happy NASCAR still has advertisers  :D

Buff

February 18, 2018, 03:03:36 pm #15 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 03:16:41 pm by Buff
There's what happens with the young ones who should still be in Xfinity.  The veterans still understand the most important thing - you have to be running at the end to win the race.

Stenhouse was stupid to throw that block.  It's a shame that he drove away from that.

ImHogginIt

February 18, 2018, 03:12:03 pm #16 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 03:48:14 pm by ImHogginIt
I don't mean to be a heartless ass but I really want to see Danica wreck in her last race and hear her cry on her radio one last time

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 18, 2018, 03:12:03 pm
I don't mean to be a heartless ass but I really want to see Danica wreck in her last race and hear her cry on her radio one last time

Well she's reporting a vibration now, thanks to you.  Wish I could make her feel a vibration. 

ImHogginIt

:D ;D :D

Buff

Chase Elliot, Kasey Kahne, Brad Keselowski, Kevin Harvick, Danica Patrick all caught up in a wreck.

That's two big wrecks now that have originated at the front of the pack.  I'm thinking after this race Nascar may tell the drivers that they're just too collectively stupid to be allowed to block or bump draft for the rest of the year.

Racinray

There you go.

Buff

7 laps to go.....

Hamlin got aggressive to push Blaney back, and Blaney returned the favor to force Hamlin back out of line.  This is getting good.

Buff

Kurt Busch had one of the cars to go for the win.  Looked like Ryan Blaney just took him out.  He oughta go kick someone's ass for that. 

Lot of good cars taken out, several more damaged.  Gonna be like 8 or 9 cars running to the finish.

Buff

Crew Chief told Almirola to figure out a way to be leading at the white flag so that he'd win the race when someone crashed.

Buff

The guy who has a ride because of his grandpappy just won the Daytona 500 because he was willing to spin someone on the backstretch and tear up a shatload of cars. 

Yeah, this will do wonders for that punk's popularity.

Racinray

Racinray

At least it wasn't the 11.

Buff

Quote from: Racinray on February 18, 2018, 05:37:33 pm
At least it wasn't the 11.

The few fans that seemed to be cheering (may have been filtered out) were probably just cheering because Hamlin DIDN'T win.  It's amazing how many of us hate that guy lol.

Racinray

Quote from: Buff on February 18, 2018, 05:39:06 pm
The few fans that seemed to be cheering (may have been filtered out) were probably just cheering because Hamlin DIDN'T win.  It's amazing how many of us hate that guy lol.
It's that "I'm better than you attitude" I can't stand.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on February 18, 2018, 05:35:10 pm
The guy who has a ride because of his grandpappy just won the Daytona 500 because he was willing to spin someone on the backstretch and tear up a shatload of cars. 

Yeah, this will do wonders for that punk's popularity.

Gonna be a lot of wrecked cars this year. Hope we start seeing more fights as well  :D

ImHogginIt

berryhog

I thought Almirola was incredibly composed considering the circumstances.  What a huge turn of emotions that must have been.

Buff

Quote from: berryhog on February 18, 2018, 06:15:38 pm
I thought Almirola was incredibly composed considering the circumstances.  What a huge turn of emotions that must have been.

No kidding. Who expects to get turned around at that point on the track?

Racinray

Quote from: berryhog on February 18, 2018, 06:15:38 pm
I'm sure he has several holes in his tongue from biting it.

riccoar

Almirola was ill prepared for that.  Waited too long to block up high.  But I did get a tinge of a smile seeing the 3 cross the line first for Dale Sr.'s sake.

Buff

Quote from: riccoar on February 18, 2018, 08:14:28 pm
Almirola was ill prepared for that.  Waited too long to block up high.  But I did get a tinge of a smile seeing the 3 cross the line first for Dale Sr.'s sake.

I didn't.  I hope Austin Dillon gets AIDs.

By the way, did anybody catch Bubba Wallace's interview?  If you didn't always follow his social media, it's pretty much impossible not to want him to succeed.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/22496083/darrell-bubba-wallace-jr-emotional-runner-finish