Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA rule changes approved today

Started by ricepig, March 08, 2016, 03:11:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LSUFan

Did they outlaw the players smiling and being excited, yet?
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

SemperHawg

Quote from: LSUFan on March 08, 2016, 03:29:57 pm
Not to my knowledge...I think coaches can still eat the grass off of  the field as well, so you guys are good.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2016, 03:11:11 pm
http://footballscoop.com/news/electronic-devices-will-now-be-allowed-in-the-press-box-and-the-locker-room/

Bama is way ahead of the game.   In what Hogville considered the biggest conspiracy since Kennedy was assassinated, they had 'em on the sidelines last year. 

tophawg19

can't have computers or tablets , yet every coach has a smart phone on them
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

onebadrubi

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 08, 2016, 04:23:38 pm
can't have computers or tablets , yet every coach has a smart phone on them

Not during the games they don't.  Many coaches wear some sort of khaki pants and an iphone would show in their pockets.  It would not be easy to conceal for a head coach as often as the camera's are on them.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 08, 2016, 04:27:37 pm
Not during the games they don't.  Many coaches wear some sort of khaki pants and an iphone would show in their pockets.  It would not be easy to conceal for a head coach as often as the camera's are on them.

I know CBB has texted recruits from the during pregame stretching and warm up. Not the same as game time but pretty close

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 08, 2016, 04:43:10 pm
I know CBB has texted recruits from the during pregame stretching and warm up. Not the same as game time but pretty close

You've seen him do this?

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

HOGINTENNESSEE

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 08, 2016, 05:01:30 pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/WallyLikeItIs/status/640240045400571904

I assumed this report is accurate. Should I not believe it?

I have no idea, also, one of his staffers could have had his phone. I was just wondering where you saw it. And that said he read a tweet, not texting.

factchecker

https://twitter.com/WallyLikeItIs/status/640240045400571904

Saying that Coach Bielema "has texted recruits" implies that he sent a text or initiated the convo.

Wally's tweet implies that he received a TWEET.  Receiving a TWEET is not texting a recruit. 

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2016, 05:04:03 pm
I have no idea, also, one of his staffers could have had his phone. I was just wondering where you saw it. And that said he read a tweet, not texting.

Exactly.  There is usually a "football operations" guy who handles stuff like this.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: factchecker on March 08, 2016, 05:14:38 pm
https://twitter.com/WallyLikeItIs/status/640240045400571904

Saying that Coach Bielema "has texted recruits" implies that he sent a text or initiated the convo.

Wally's tweet implies that he received a TWEET.  Receiving a TWEET is not texting a recruit. 

Exactly.  There is usually a "football operations" guy who handles stuff like this.

How does he recieve it at the 7 yard line unless he has his phone? And do you really believe he didn't text a 5 star DE as soon as he got the text or tweet?

jjdlc

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 08, 2016, 05:26:32 pm
How does he recieve it at the 7 yard line unless he has his phone? And do you really believe he didn't text a 5 star DE as soon as he got the text or tweet?

I'd say the important distinction would be that it was during warmups rather than game time.  I would imagine he leaves the phone in the locker room during the game.

ricepig

Well, I don't have any idea if he did or didn't, but using Wally as a source isn't always the best. You have read him, correct?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: LSUFan on March 08, 2016, 03:29:57 pm

It seems to me that this is targeting goons spying on sidelines like what happened to  us during the flopgate incident.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: jjdlc on March 08, 2016, 05:52:54 pm
I'd say the important distinction would be that it was during warmups rather than game time.  I would imagine he leaves the phone in the locker room during the game.

Which I mentioned in my original post.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2016, 05:52:59 pm
Well, I don't have any idea if he did or didn't, but using Wally as a source isn't always the best. You have read him, correct?

I don't read any article on Wholehogsports that I have to pay for.

bennyl08

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 08, 2016, 03:58:03 pm
interesting sub-story....

http://footballscoop.com/news/does-a-high-school-have-grounds-to-fire-a-coach-for-brewing-his-own-beer/

PP

That caught my eye as well. All I could guess is that either that school is really messed up and the type that would actually fire a coach for having a homebrew or they are just being extremely cautious since it is still a federal crime to do that, just one that won't be prosecuted.

That said, schools have fired teachers because they took sexy pictures in the privacy of their own homes, so hyper moral codes by schools isn't unrealistic.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Pork Twain

You do get the distinction between warm-ups and game time, right?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LRHawg

The NCAA notes that the home team is responsible for "ensuring identical television capability and identical video and Internet connectivity in the coaches' booths of both teams."

Yeah, like how the visitors at Jordan-Hare get the same elevator.

SemperHawg

Quote from: LRHawg on March 09, 2016, 08:59:32 am
The NCAA notes that the home team is responsible for “ensuring identical television capability and identical video and Internet connectivity in the coaches’ booths of both teams.”

Yeah, like how the visitors at Jordan-Hare get the same elevator.
I wonder is this also means when we are in Tuscaloosa we get our own video guys on their sideline as well?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 09, 2016, 06:48:21 am
You do get the distinction between warm-ups and game time, right?

Do you have a reading disability?

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 09, 2016, 09:04:14 am
Do you have a reading disability?

Well, the only problem I see is "I know", we don't. You showed where it was tweeted he read a tweet, nothing on the "I know" part. No big deal, it's just not a known fact. Now, will they be using, AT+T or Verizon, I know who our sponsor is, I also know which one has better service, lol.

justmakeit2thebcs

Very few things are known facts.  Believe 0% of what you hear and 50% of what you see.  Always tell everyone they don't know crap, because they don't.  Always nitpick, especially words like "know" and "always".  Always remind people you know more than everyone else, that's easy because they know nothing, remember ?  Finally, be petty and always get the last word.   

ricepig

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on March 09, 2016, 09:43:18 am
Very few things are known facts.  Believe 0% of what you hear and 50% of what you see.  Always tell everyone they don't know crap, because they don't.  Always nitpick, especially words like "know" and "always".  Always remind people you know more than everyone else, that's easy because they know nothing, remember ?  Finally, be petty and always get the last word.   

Ok!

Baconomics

CBB does not use his cell phone during the games, except for checking the Hogville game thread to see what his next play call should be...

ARtillahog

CBB could just use this discreetly.