Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unimpressive showing by Razorbacks

Started by HogTakes, September 30, 2017, 02:00:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogTakes

We're a Grant Morgan tip and some poor NMSU clock management/stall before halftime away from a 42-35 score. Not many complaints about offense but defense is awful.

Al Boarland

Most rational people expected the D to be hot garbage.

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

PorkRinds

alohawg

This defense may break many of the wrong records when all is said and done.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ShadowHawg

These type of games aren't supposed to give you an opportunity to dazzle, just work on things.

rhames

If we wouldn't have done those things to stop them from scoring points they would have scored more points!!!!!
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HogTakes on September 30, 2017, 02:00:56 pm
We're a Grant Morgan tip and some poor NMSU clock management/stall before halftime away from a 42-35 score. Not many complaints about offense but defense is awful.

Can you not just enjoy the win before lodging a gripe? Plenty of time to find fault for a win against a pretty good offensive team.
Go Hogs Go!

Tusks

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 30, 2017, 02:06:03 pm
These type of games aren't supposed to give you an opportunity to dazzle, just work on things.

yeah that FG kicking thinking ain't whatcha need to do, save the new kicker for the SEC.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawganatic

Yeah if 10 or 11 plays had gone the other direction we could have dropped this game....

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hawganatic on September 30, 2017, 02:08:44 pm
Yeah if 10 or 11 plays had gone the other direction we could have dropped this game....

Ha! Most every team that loses today can say the same thing.  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

jackflash

we got what was needed a win. And still some people are not happy

HardCore

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 30, 2017, 02:08:33 pm
Can you not just enjoy the win before lodging a gripe?

WPS!!!!   

Now, Fire Long!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

HoggyCat

Look at the huggers, back out in full force.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

pigroots

Hogs were in control from beginning to end! Talk about folks looking to say something negative....We could've scored again at the end and...Woulda, coulda, shoulda,  hogs kicked em to the curb

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bubba's Bruisers

We're not very good, so you should expect an unimpressive showing.  We still won...and covered the line too.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

LRHawg

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 30, 2017, 02:12:50 pm
Look at the huggers, back out in full force.

Being happy that we won today doesn't mean you are pleased with every aspect of the program. 
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HardCore

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 30, 2017, 02:14:00 pm
Hogs won bottom line.

Indeed!  Needed.....gotta hell of a road test next weekend.  Winnable, but we got to be on our game.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

rhames

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 30, 2017, 02:15:22 pm
Being happy that we won today doesn't mean you are pleased with every aspect of the program. 

Don't try to reason with idiots who deal in extremes.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

longtimeHogfan

I'm grateful for the win and glad for the team but I'm not sure I'd be all that smiley and happy about it. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hawganatic on September 30, 2017, 02:08:44 pm

Ha ha...really? 10 - 11 plays would change the outcome of almost every game...ever...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

mckinneyhog5

Our fans are all about moral victories..for the teams we beat.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on September 30, 2017, 02:26:54 pm
Ha ha...really? 10 - 11 plays would change the outcome of almost every game...ever...
I think he was being sarcastic...
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Next1_04

What? We beat the team that many on here picked us to lose against and they still complain? Big post count too. Feed this troll a tamp and move on. We won. Get over it and keep your mouth shut until we lose another game.

Athog

Quote from: jackflash on September 30, 2017, 02:11:43 pm
we got what was needed a win. And still some people are not happy

People want something to bit** about!
They would like us to lose so they can be a profit of doom!

LZH

See Miss South Carolina speech for reference.

SooieGeneris

I'm CONTENT with this win. There were some good signs, namely Deon Stewart and Jordan Jones along with Nance.

Having said that, Allen still got hit way too much and the defense? Like the old saying: if you can't say something nice say nothing at all, although Agim played well.

The upcoming game @ USC-E is a crossroads game. Lose it and it means likely 3 losses in a row... the toughest part of the schedule is coming up.

It's not a question of whether 'Bama beats us but by how much, then Auburn with that defense..

I hope I'm wrong, but we could be looking at 2-5 going into OM. The "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evils" of the fanbase will have to strain to make that look like a moral victory for a coach in his 5th year.

I like BB, but this looks like a 5 win season at best to me. Again I hope that's wrong. Spinners fire away..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

factchecker

Wow.

For a fanbase that HATES moreal victories we sure as hell believe in moral losses.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Poker_hog

They did what they were supposed to do.  There's really nothing they could do this week to erase the last two weeks. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt