Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Coach Morris will impact our recruiting?

Started by Tim Harris, December 06, 2017, 12:03:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Harris

I'm unsure how it will impact things for this recruiting cycle but with the hire of Chad Morris we can expect us to become much more regional in our recruiting.  We all know his main ties are to Texas and expect to start making a big push there.  This will make many of our fans happy but I hope he doesn't put all his eggs in that basket.  While Arkansas and Texas will most likely be our primary recruiting grounds I also hope to see recruiting in Oklahoma, KC, STL, and continue to hit Louisiana.  Maybe the sanctions at Ole Miss will help us break in to the Memphis area as well.  Lastly I do hope he hires 1-2 guys who can recruit nationally.  I know there won't be as much emphasis as the last 2 staffs have put on it but I do feel we need to be able to supplement our key areas with a few recruits from elsewhere.

It is going to be an exciting few months to see  how this thing plays out.

factchecker

https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/938468506667950080

QuoteSources: Top 2019 QB to re-evaluate Hogs because of expected Morris hiring: Sources indicate highly regarded junior quarterback Grant Gunnell, who's committed to Texas A&M, will re-evaluate the Arkansas program in the off-season because of the expected...
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Tim Harris

Already going to work.

.‏
@KingCrawford_
Follow Follow @KingCrawford_
More
just got offered by coach morris and the university of arkansas..

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaquayln-Crawford-89741

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

snoblind

Friend just sent a text that Bumper is still on board.

Tim Harris

Quote from: snoblind on December 06, 2017, 12:44:59 pm
Friend just sent a text that Bumper is still on board.

Bumper‏
@bumperpool10
46m46 minutes ago
More
I am very excited to sign on December 20th to the University of Arkansas & have the opportunity to play under @coachchadmorris ‼️#woop18

sickboy

I think he's going to impact our recruiting positively. Just a hunch.

Pudgepork

I expect the main difference is that this staff will recruit speed.  16 yrs as a Texas high school football coach means this guy will recognize it.   The previous staff is believed to have brought in less than sec talent in most cases.  I believe that will change with this staff. 

It is very possible that some recruits already committed may not be pursued by this staff.
This staff will be young and hungry to prove their mettle on a big stage.  Unlike most of the previous staff.

searkhogfan

I watched a couple of videos of him with his players.  He's definitely High Impact.  Lot's of emotion, players seem to love him..  I'm getting excited

scooby21322

Quote from: Pudgepork on December 06, 2017, 01:57:50 pm
It is very possible that some recruits already committed may not be pursued by this staff.
This staff will be young and hungry to prove their mettle on a big stage.  Unlike most of the previous staff.

Who do you think is at risk of not being pursued?

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

11‏
@TheTommyBush11
Follow Follow @TheTommyBush11
More
Blessed to receive an offer from the University of Arkansas!! #GoHogs 🐗
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

ThisGuy

It seemed like the last staff didn't send out as many offers I hope that changed under the new staff.

jackflash

onebadrubi

Quote from: Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424) on December 06, 2017, 03:07:50 pm
11‏
@TheTommyBush11
Follow Follow @TheTommyBush11
More
Blessed to receive an offer from the University of Arkansas!! #GoHogs 🐗

I wish you guys would tell us twitter dumbies who these guys are

AUSTXHOG

So did he only offer Bush, or did he also get him to commit?  I have a co-worker who messaged me stating he committed.  Anyone else hear this?

jimhog

Man I hope this staff will execute to the max on recruiting. I mean shake the bushes and look under the rocks. Go get them.

PorkRinds

Tim Harris

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 07, 2017, 10:19:18 am
Good to see you back, Tim.

Thanks took a long extended break from Hogville but good to be back on here.

Tim Harris

Pudgepork

Quote from: scooby21322 on December 06, 2017, 03:00:52 pm
Who do you think is at risk of not being pursued?

No idea.  I just think it has been obvious that many recruits signed by the previous staff were at best low level, or under utilized talents.  I heard Biddy finally admit that the previous staff were not very good recruiters.  If all of that carries over to those committed to the previous staff, the new staff may not want them. This new staff has something to prove and their jobs are on the line from day 1.  Recruiting will improve quickly or by year 3 it will be real ugly up in here

Hoggish1

Morris put all his eggs in the metroplex basket.  I'm guessing he will not have to do that now and will take some advantage of a wider field including some specific regions of Virginia, SC and Georgia.

DaHog

Picked up 3 crystal ball flips from current SMU WR commit to the HOGS today.  https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Woods-46035753

31to6

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 06, 2017, 03:27:02 pm

I wish you guys would tell us twitter dumbies who these guys are
Use Google. Search for:
    site:247sports.com <player name>

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: DaHog on December 07, 2017, 02:17:07 pm
Picked up 3 crystal ball flips from current SMU WR commit to the HOGS today.  https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Woods-46035753
I'm thinking he will be Coach Morris first commitment and it will come soon.

SPAL

Quote from: 31to6 on December 07, 2017, 04:00:29 pm
Use Google. Search for:
    site:247sports.com <player name>

Yeah, that only works if the Twitter handle is the kids name....

If @studwr18 tweets he got an offer from the hogs, it doesn't work.

U-A Filthy Pig

It will be interesting to see if any current players are encouraged to move on so CCM can sign a bigger class with his players in it.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 07, 2017, 01:05:12 pm
A couple of crystal ball picks on 247 for this guy.  Currently a SMU commit.

https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Woods-46035753
DAMN, THAT is a solid HUDL !!

BIG fan of this kid now. Just wow, guys. That is a physical WR right there.

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 07, 2017, 01:19:50 pm
Morris put all his eggs in the metroplex basket.  I'm guessing he will not have to do that now and will take some advantage of a wider field including some specific regions of Virginia, SC and Georgia.

I think most of his hs coaching days were Austin and around Houston so he has contacts that I hope he can use now.

Hogfan46

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 07, 2017, 07:16:48 pm
I think most of his hs coaching days were Austin and around Houston so he has contacts that I hope he can use now.

Think he already is. His two Texas player offers yesterday were players from the Houston and San Antonio areas.

31to6

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 07, 2017, 04:38:26 pm
Yeah, that only works if the Twitter handle is the kids name....

If @studwr18 tweets he got an offer from the hogs, it doesn't work.
Sure.. but the twitter handle in question included the kid's full name :P

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on December 07, 2017, 04:26:35 pm
I'm thinking he will be Coach Morris first commitment and it will come soon.
Lucky Guess ;) haha WPS

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.