Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Vangarud retirement 2015 droped 37%

Started by SardisHog, August 12, 2019, 06:20:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SardisHog

today. Has to be a mistake. Schwab has tired to contact them and can not get through. I have tried and have had no luck. Will have to unretire if true.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

ricepig

Quote from: SardisHog on August 12, 2019, 06:20:47 pm
today. Has to be a mistake. Schwab has tired to contact them and can not get through. I have tried and have had no luck. Will have to unretire if true.

I've got a few mutual funds that don't ever settle until 5:30 to 7pm, about once a week, one won't be quoted correctly at Stephens, my app on the phone, or online. I worried about the first few times, I just wait until the morning to check it now.

ricepig

SardisHog

Thanks. That should be the one. down 0.2% is a lot different than the money Schwab shows I lost.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

Boardon Hamsay

Unless you have a massive amount of exposure to Argentina in that fund, I think you're okay. Probably just a settlement or coding issue.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

SardisHog

Looks a whole loot different now. Down about 0.2%. I can stay retired.

kingofdequeen

you have that investment so you don't have to look at it.

stop looking at it.

onebadrubi

https://money.usnews.com/funds/mutual-funds/target-date-2015/vanguard-target-retirement-2015-fund/vtxvx/interactive

This one shows the drop you mentioned.  Being such a high percentage of bonds and cash, I'm shocked it would have that drop.  I'm also schooled it's that high of stocks for a 2015 fund.

SardisHog

Vanguard has one more mutual fund that is more conservative called in retirement. Some time in the next couple of years the retirement 2015 will automatically roll over into in retirement and the 2015 will disappear. It is all about how much risk/gain/loss you can stand. Schwab says vanguard sent the wrong info but no matter it is corrected now.

SardisHog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on August 13, 2019, 08:21:16 am
you have that investment so you don't have to look at it.

stop looking at it.

LOL but I have to!!!!

Cotton

I made the mistake at looking at my 401K the morning of BREXIT back in 2016...
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX