Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winless in the SEC again?

Started by grim_sleeper, April 17, 2014, 06:48:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Killean

Quote from: VT HOG on April 17, 2014, 01:57:51 pm
Hey bro you mad? The facts are facts. #0-8

Facts are never facts #liesdamnliesandstatistics
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: ifghog on April 17, 2014, 08:08:53 am
5-7 this year but a much improved team. It will be noticeable. If we make a bowl CBB should be up for SEC Coach of the y-ear.

7-5 after a minor bowl and I'd agree with you.   
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

SPAL

Quote from: VT HOG on April 17, 2014, 01:57:51 pm
Hey bro you mad? The facts are facts. #0-8

Nah. I'm not mad. The notion that one can be mad over a message board is pretty comical. And I don't use childish pop culture terminology if I can help it; We aren't bros I'm pretty sure. But if you can't objectively separate your disdain for the coach and the state of the program prior to said coach's arrival, you are either an idiot or you have an agenda. Which are you?

Means-well

Going strictly on commonly-used recruiting stars logic (not considering new qb's, ect) I will concede au, bama, lsu, uga, and maybe tamu  are stretches. Missouri and the Mississippi schools (ole miss had only one atypical monster recruiting year in '13) do not have elite top 15 talent using 24/7 or rivals thinking. So why do we have no real chance against them? Their 3 stars are better than ours?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: grim_sleeper on April 17, 2014, 06:48:26 am
Some guest on Bo's show yesterday predicted we were going to go winless again and finish last in the Sec.   I am getting tired of this.  The guy is dead wrong.  There is no way we are going to go winless again.  It's a stupid prediction that has no merit. 

Last year,  we almost won a lot of those games:  We played Texas A&M down to the wire. We played Mississippi St down to overtime. Don't even mention Rutgers. That was an easy win had Brandon Allen stayed in. (nothing against A.J Derby as a person, but he had no business being at quarterback) We played Auburn Good and Ole Miss good, and were one minute away from beating LSU,  and all that was with the team in a mess. 

They will be at least 10 times better coming out of the gate this fall: more practice on Bielema's style,   Brandon Allen not hurt,  a much better defense, and I hear the wide receivers are much better so far.

We aren't going to win the national championship by any means,  but I wouldn't be surprised to see us go to a bowl.  I am just tired of overly negative supposed experts that don't know what they are talking about.

If we go 0-16 Brent will see for sale signs and such in his yard.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

longtimeHogfan

Mississippi St on the road
Georgia at the Rock
A & M in Jerry's world (Johnny Jerk's gone)

That should get us a minor bowl.   7-5
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

wholehog92

Some guest on Bo's show yesterday predicted we were going to go winless again and finish last in the Sec.   I am getting tired of this.  The guy is dead wrong.  There is no way we are going to go winless again.  It's a stupid prediction that has no merit. 

Last year,  we almost won a lot of those games:  We played Texas A&M down to the wire. We played Mississippi St down to overtime. Don't even mention Rutgers. That was an easy win had Brandon Allen stayed in. (nothing against A.J Derby as a person, but he had no business being at quarterback) We played Auburn Good and Ole Miss good, and were one minute away from beating LSU,  and all that was with the team in a mess. 

They will be at least 10 times better coming out of the gate this fall: more practice on Bielema's style,   Brandon Allen not hurt,  a much better defense, and I hear the wide receivers are much better so far.

We aren't going to win the national championship by any means,  but I wouldn't be surprised to see us go to a bowl.  I am just tired of overly negative supposed experts that don't know what they are talking about.

LOL.  That SUPPOSED EXPERT was Pat Jones.  He has a wiki page written about his football career and expertise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Jones_(American_football)

I looked for the grim sleeper bio to compare expertise, but just couldn't.

I agree we will be better, but you didn't give any more compelling evidence he was wrong than he did to make his point.  Right now, every team in the SEC feels like they are building their team to better this coming season than they were last season for whatever reason their coaches are selling them.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

EastexHawg

I think we need to wait until the games are played to decide how stupid it is.

Why get upset about someone's prediction?  He's not affecting or causing anything.  It's just his opinion.  Neither his nor yours will change the outcome of a single play this season, much less our final record.

LR54

Quote from: wholehog92 on April 17, 2014, 02:17:02 pm
LOL.  That SUPPOSED EXPERT was Pat Jones.  He has a wiki page written about his football career and expertise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Jones_(American_football)

I looked for the grim sleeper bio to compare expertise, but just couldn't.

I agree we will be better, but you didn't give any more compelling evidence he was wrong than he did to make his point.  Right now, every team in the SEC feels like they are building their team to better this coming season than they were last season for whatever reason their coaches are selling them.

It was Russ Mitchell, not Pat Jones. He's a "columnist" for CFB News.

ricepig

Quote from: LR54 on April 17, 2014, 03:33:48 pm

I guess he isn't a "supposed" expert, I really don't know who he is, or ever read him.

Hoggiedawg

It's possible we could go winless again, but I expect us to win a couple of SEC games this year and most likely finish 4-8 or 5-7.  It better be much improved over that in 15 or bye-bye CBB.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: hog911 on April 17, 2014, 09:34:17 am
I have a feeling they know exactly what they are talking about. It's great you can still stay positive after 12 straight SEC losses, but unless we have that break through player like a Cam Newton, don't expect too much success this season. More than likely we won't win more than 4 games and 2 or 3 wins is actually more reasonable. However, you are correct we did play better at the end of last season, but we also played better at the end of the season the year before. We lost our last to games to LSU by 7 and 4 points!
They do , and don't be shocked if the majority of 'experts', have you guys picked last.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

secneahog

April 17, 2014, 04:20:15 pm #62 Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 04:36:11 pm by secneahog
8 wins.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Hogarusa

It's pretty tough to find a win but I don't see a second straight 0-8 happening.  Someone will have a 5 turnover game or some team won't be able to stop the AC/JWill combo.  I don't know who it is though. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

IN MY OPINION:  We'll get to see 2 or 3 first year QBs in the SEC doing quite well for their teams and themselves.  Hope those many on here that swear that never happens will be able to choke out an I WAS WRONG when it does happen.

We will win  from 1 or 2 SEC games this coming season and still be able to review the season and locate 2 or 3 more we should have won IF.  I believe the overall coaching will be much better this coming season.  I think coach B will single handed cost us 2 games with poor game management and play calling or his inability to get his staff on the correct page and all together.

I repeat this is just my opinion and everybody's got one.

Mike Irwin

I wonder if Bo asked Russ Mitchell how many wins he predicted for Auburn a year ago.

Pre season predictions aren't worth the time it takes to look at them. They do a preseason ballot every year at SEC Media Days. I always throw mine in the trash.

Last year the big argument was, who's going to finish 2nd in the West, LSU or Texas A&M? It was a given among the media experts that Alabama would win it all. As it turned out neither LSU or A&M finished 2nd. Alabama did. Auburn was first with a tie breaker over Alabama.

gmarv

i though we would be better than we were last year. i,m thinking
we are gonna be better than people think we will be this coming year.
that and a couple of bucks will get a cup of starbucks coffee.

DLUXHOG

April 17, 2014, 06:15:30 pm #67 Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:28:19 pm by DLUXHOG
No 2014 games have been played yet, so what I'm saying is we will be undefeated until I see otherwise in actual games. 
Simply put, what I'm saying is that we have a chance for a win in each and every game until the last seconds tick off in the 4th quarter.  I'm not conceding even one loss at this time...... Blast away!

Hogs.... forever....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

wachhog

Quote from: JayBell on April 17, 2014, 10:02:25 am
Because you don't fire a football coach in any program in year 2 unless there are extraordinary circumstances, especially when the guy is putting together a potential top 10 recruiting class.
A POTENTIAL top 10 recruiting class? I will be waiting on pins and needles for that.
And for a one SEC win season.  My, how far we have fallen in Two looooooooong years.

rljjr

Quote from: DLUXHOG on April 17, 2014, 06:15:30 pm
No 2014 games have been played yet, so what I'm saying is we will be undefeated until I see otherwise in actual games. 
Simply put, what I'm saying is that we have a chance for a win in each and every game until the last seconds tick off in the 4th quarter.  I'm not conceding even one loss at this time...... Blast away!

I like your style. Plus 1.

Calling All Hogs

How many more years before we stop nominating CBB SEC Coach of the Year if he makes a bowl game?

Vantage 8 dude

Total B.S. projection....end of story!!

jkstock04

I think we will win 1 SEC game, but I would not venture to guess which one! I can't look at the schedule and be confident in a single SEC game....but surely we will win one of em somewhere.

I have very little overall confidence in this team and Bielema...surprisingly I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if we do experience better than expected success it will be on the shoulders of the defense. I actually like the new DC and his schemes...I think it will work much better than our previous two we have had.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Wild Bill Hog

870hogfan

Quote from: wachhog on April 17, 2014, 07:13:33 pm
A POTENTIAL top 10 recruiting class? I will be waiting on pins and needles for that.
And for a one SEC win season.  My, how far we have fallen in Two looooooooong years.

Yes a potential top 10 recruiting class.  Coach B is a good recruiter.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hog911 on April 17, 2014, 09:34:17 am
I have a feeling they know exactly what they are talking about. It's great you can still stay positive after 12 straight SEC losses, but unless we have that break through player like a Cam Newton, don't expect too much success this season. More than likely we won't win more than 4 games and 2 or 3 wins is actually more reasonable. However, you are correct we did play better at the end of last season, but we also played better at the end of the season the year before. We lost our last to games to LSU by 7 and 4 points!

Ok here is one reason you cannot look at the end of 2012 and the end of 2013. At the start of 2013 we had lost our offensive production in our QB, RB, WR, And coaches. So we were breaking in new QB, RB, WRs, coaches, and schemes.

Guess what? This is 2014 and none of that is true this year. These kids are in their second year with these coaches. Now we did replace the defensive coaches but one. Yet the experienced players are there and our returning head coach is a defensive coach. As is the returning LB coach.

This is just not the same as the beginning of 2013. Come on now admit this makes sense and you feel a little better about the upcoming season. Come on now admit it there is a glimmer of hope.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on April 18, 2014, 05:39:24 am
I would be more encouraged if our defense could cover or tackle.

I agree but I am not sure we will have true encouragement until the season starts. I am hopeful.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 17, 2014, 02:05:17 pm
Nah. I'm not mad. The notion that one can be mad over a message board is pretty comical. And I don't use childish pop culture terminology if I can help it; We aren't bros I'm pretty sure. But if you can't objectively separate your disdain for the coach and the state of the program prior to said coach's arrival, you are either an idiot or you have an agenda. Which are you?
Uhh......who says he's not an idiot with an agenda? I think that's the most likely explanation.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: CallMeHog on April 17, 2014, 07:31:38 pm
How many more years before we stop nominating CBB SEC Coach of the Year if he makes a bowl game?

From 3-9 to 7-6 if it happens?  Yeah, he'd get my vote. 

Lake City Hog

Guys, it is fair for this guy to have his opinion! It is up to this team to prove some people wrong. Based on last year's performance and our just signed class I could quite easily understand some people questioning our prospects.

If you look at what 90% of the people on this very board talk about as our major weaknesses we failed to bring in immediate help in those areas. We did not sign a juco Linebacker, an area where most of you say that we stunk. We failed to bring in a stud DB or Safety that we can hang our hat on to help turn around our secondary.

Now, if you believe as I do that more of our problems last year we coaching based rather than talent based those issues should not be seen as failures. If you are willing to view last year as an indoctrination into the SEC for a new coaching staff and believe that these coaches learned from that year, again we should feel better.
If you believe that we made two, possibly 3 very serious upgrades on our defensive staff then we should again feel better about the upcoming season.

Too many people on this board condemn others for having a opposing opinion and have nothing more than their own opinion as a basis for blowing up! This team and these coaches, they are the only people that can change the perception of the Arkansas Razorbacks! They need to do it and begin the process of bring us back.

wholehog92

You are right.  He had Russ and Pat on the same day and I got them confused.  Pat didn't say anything that would lead me to think he would argue with Russ though.  Pat said we would struggle to win 6 games.  He said we have a good coach, just lack explosive playmakers.

Both interviews here.

http://www.sportstalkwithbo.com/site/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/limit,4/limitstart,4/
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on April 18, 2014, 05:39:24 am
I would be more encouraged if our defense could cover or tackle.
Have you been to the scrimmages?

" GO HOGS "