Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FromtheBench-Cheap Pops: Time to Wipe Away the Tears of Last Season and Get Ready for Winning Again

Started by Robert Shields, April 14, 2014, 10:38:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

goodguytex

Quote from: The_Hog_Father on April 14, 2014, 08:54:03 pm
I look forward to the day when this Clown posts another BS Column on Hogville and nobody pays attention to it.

Let me start... This will be the VERY last time that I open or post in one of this Troll's threads.

:razorback:
Ok, if you can do it... So can I. I'm with you brotha! Who else will join?

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: goodguytex on April 14, 2014, 08:59:21 pm

I think reading RS's posts sort of falls in a category of "fat chicks need lovin' too." 

Only in this case, it's "hack writers have to find an outlet, so why not a free site about sports, despite obviously knowing nothing about them?" 

I'm not surprised people post in rebuttal.  I am surprised when people are surprised at what he writes, because his claim to fame is writing about women in restrooms. 

At best, I scan whatever he writes.  I knew this was nothing but sarcasm and tripe from the first two sentences, and gave the rest the attention it deserves...a completely skip.   ::)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Delicious~Dreams

Quote from: goodguytex on April 14, 2014, 08:59:21 pm

Wait a minute goodguytex.....didn't you agree to get along in the other thread??

That means you have to at least try and give Robert Shields a chance, right?   :)

Who IS Robert Shields?!?! 

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on April 14, 2014, 09:47:04 pm
Wait a minute goodguytex.....didn't you agree to get along in the other thread??

That means you have to at least try and give Robert Shields a chance, right?   :)

Who IS Robert Shields?!?!

You don't have to try to get along with Shields.  He posts and runs.  He's a fly-by poster.  Only to him, he's a column writer, despite this being a free message board.   ;)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

jesterzzn

I remember when my nephew discovered the concept of sarcasm.  When children find new ways of communicating its really all they want to do, and he was no different.  Every sentence he spoke for a few hours was pure unclever bang you over the head sarcasm, and it was kinda cute for the novelty factor alone.  But once the novelty wore off, my nephew realized that sarcasm was a less is more kind of tool.  The impact is lessoned the more hamfisted the delivery.

He figured this out in about an hour or two.  He was six.  How old are you Bob?

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: jesterzzn on April 15, 2014, 09:58:21 am
I remember when my nephew discovered the concept of sarcasm.  When children find new ways of communicating its really all they want to do, and he was no different.  Every sentence he spoke for a few hours was pure unclever bang you over the head sarcasm, and it was kinda cute for the novelty factor alone.  But once the novelty wore off, my nephew realized that sarcasm was a less is more kind of tool.  The impact is lessoned the more hamfisted the delivery.

He figured this out in about an hour or two.  He was six.  How old are you Bob?

Bazinga! I know RS has thick skin, but that had to at least sting a little bit.   :o

I had to read the bold section about three times before realizing you meant "lessened."   :)

jesterzzn

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 15, 2014, 10:05:18 am
I had to read the bold section about three times before realizing you meant "lessened."   :)

Thank you for that.  I was actually reading my post and thinking something was off, but couldn't put my finger on it.

code red

Hogs will win 5 or less.  Just the way it is folks.  The schedule next year is brutal.  This team is not ready to win just yet.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: code red on April 15, 2014, 02:28:12 pm
Hogs will win 5 or less.  Just the way it is folks.  The schedule next year is brutal.  This team is not ready to win just yet.

I agree but the truth hurts

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

thefisher

I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

smb

GeorgiaHOG

Cotton

Quote from: RNHog on April 16, 2014, 08:07:03 am
Something us hog fans know nothing about.
I disagree with you. We have great traditions at the University of Arkansas. We are the Razorbacks. The premier program in our state. People follow this team high and low, it's all we know in Arkansas. The Hogs are our pro team. Nothing gives me chills like the Hogs running out of the tunnel and through the A after we call them. The tradition of War Memorial during its hay day and all the moments I experienced there as a kid is something that will stay with me forever. The players walking through the fans down to the stadium, the Hog logo on the helmet, and the raising of the Arkansas flag at the start of the 4th Quarter. Competing in the top Athletic conference in the country. Those are traditions my friend.

WPS  :razorback:

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

urkillnmesmalls

Cotton

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

PorkRinds

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 14, 2014, 04:39:30 pm
PorkHinds knows more about the DGB situation on where he is transferring to. I think he said 1-AA Missouri State recently

No, TheRazorbackGay, that wasn't me.  You must be mistaken.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 16, 2014, 10:54:19 am
No, TheRazorbackGay, that wasn't me.  You must be mistaken.

PorkHinds, guess I got you mixed up with someone else. DGB might need to transfer to Louisville

RNHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 16, 2014, 10:04:31 am
FIFY

Can you lay out the tradition for me?

And the great shootout doesn't count....a game that is the most celebrated game in razorback history....a game that we lost.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: RNHog on April 18, 2014, 05:39:09 am
Can you lay out the tradition for me?

And the great shootout doesn't count....a game that is the most celebrated game in razorback history....a game that we lost.

Why don't you lay out how we aren't listed in the top 20 of just about every "Best programs" in history list?  I'm not doing a routine Google search for you. 

If you're celebrating the 69 shootout as our greatest game ever, then I'm sorry.  That's your problem, not mine. 

Who are you really a fan of btw?     

RNHog

Arkansas.

But being that I have been on this earth for 29 years and have seen maybe 5 stellar years of hog football, I'm what you call a realist to the program. I don't drink the koolaid. People just don't like realism on here.

Alabama has tradition.
Miami has tradition.
Texas has tradition.
Penn state has tradition.
USC has tradition.
Norte dame has tradition.

Arkansas does not have tradition like these schools. A phony national "championship" that was earned before the dinosaurs existed doesn't mean squat to me.

To the clown that will next say the highly predictable, well go cheer for those teams post, save your fingers. I'm here to keep it real as a hog fan.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 14, 2014, 09:43:08 pm
I think reading RS's posts sort of falls in a category of "fat chicks need lovin' too." 

Only in this case, it's "hack writers have to find an outlet, so why not a free site about sports, despite obviously knowing nothing about them?" 

I'm not surprised people post in rebuttal.  I am surprised when people are surprised at what he writes, because his claim to fame is writing about women in restrooms. 

At best, I scan whatever he writes.  I knew this was nothing but sarcasm and tripe from the first two sentences, and gave the rest the attention it deserves...a completely skip.   ::)
You have to admit, though: Like a car wreck, it's hard to look away.....

PorkRinds

Quote from: RNHog on April 18, 2014, 08:57:41 am
Arkansas.

But being that I have been on this earth for 29 years and have seen maybe 5 stellar years of hog football, I'm what you call a realist to the program. I don't drink the koolaid. People just don't like realism on here.

Alabama has tradition.
Miami has tradition.
Texas has tradition.
Penn state has tradition.
USC has tradition.
Norte dame has tradition.

Arkansas does not have tradition like these schools. A phony national "championship" that was earned before the dinosaurs existed doesn't mean squat to me.

To the clown that will next say the highly predictable, well go cheer for those teams post, save your fingers. I'm here to keep it real as a hog fan.

If you were honest with yourself, "keeping it real" isn't the reason you're here. 

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: jesterzzn on April 15, 2014, 10:12:41 am
Thank you for that.  I was actually reading my post and thinking something was off, but couldn't put my finger on it.
It was a fun little Freudian slip....Robert does need to be "taught" ("lessoned") a bit in the journalistic arts.

Some of us continue to be more-than-willing instructors.  ;)

RNHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 18, 2014, 02:12:56 pm
If you were honest with yourself, "keeping it real" isn't the reason you're here.

No. Hogville just doesn't like realist like myself.

Everyone wants to see stuff through biased shades. Not me. I can handle the fact that:
1. Coach bb was a solid hire. Even when 90% of HV whine about him.
2. We will never be Bama, LSU, Florida.
3. We will never out recruit those places.
4. NWA is not attractive to solid blue chips like say a Alabama.

Cotton

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: RNHog on April 18, 2014, 04:23:16 pm

Everyone wants to see stuff through biased shades. Not me. I can handle the fact that:
No. Hogville just doesn't like realist like myself. Hmmm. Kind of a sweeping statement. I like realists. Based on their posts, I'd estimate 90% on here do.

Everyone wants to see stuff through biased shades. Everyone? Not me. Not me. Oh, OK, not you either.
I can handle the fact that:
1. Coach bb was a solid hire. Even when 90% of HV whine about him. I'd say about 15% of HV whines about him, but those 15% do it in about 95% of their posts. And they post a lot.  To be fair, it's hard to find a lot of positives in 3-9, 0-8. My guess is you'll see fewer whiners this season.  ;)
2. We will never be Bama, LSU, Florida. On a year-in, year-out basis: Agree. Once every 3-5 years: Yes, we can and will be better than 1, 2, or all 3. Never say never.
3. We will never out recruit those places. Agree
4. NWA is not attractive to solid blue chips like say a Alabama. I'm not sure it's an "NWA" vs. "Alabama" attractiveness comparison. It's an "Arkansas' program" vs. "Alabama's program" situation. 'Bama wins that. NWA vs. Tuscaloosa as a place for a college student to live for four years is closer to a wash, IMO.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: RNHog on April 18, 2014, 04:23:16 pm

You wearing that Captain Obvious shirt for Easter?   ::)

Show me where anyone said we were going to supplant ANY one of those programs. 

Done looking? 

Now what's more outlandish?  That you're just msu, or that you can't recognize that it just takes ONE SEASON, like the one Auburn just finished having, when a team can rise up and beat the best in the SEC? 

LZH

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 18, 2014, 07:35:09 pm
You wearing that Captain Obvious shirt for Easter?   ::)

Show me where anyone said we were going to supplant ANY one of those programs. 

Done looking? 

Now what's more outlandish?  That you're just msu, or that you can't recognize that it just takes ONE SEASON, like the one Auburn just finished having, when a team can rise up and beat the best in the SEC? 

...and here comes the Gus crowd in 3...2...1...                :)

Actually, I used to make fun of them.  Now?  Not too much lol.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 18, 2014, 08:14:34 pm
...and here comes the Gus crowd in 3...2...1...                :)

Actually, I used to make fun of them.  Now?  Not too much lol.

Let's see how things go in a few years, but I'm not sure that the "Gus" lovers shouldn't be happier for him that he's where he is now.  There he is at a school that has a recent history of recruiting in the top 10, the boosters to foster and continue to do "whatever" it takes to remain there, and we have some fans that are mad at Long for not hiring him.  I'm not sure Gus ever had an ounce of interest in coaching here. 

"Gus, was there any concern that you might never be able to recruit well enough at Arkansas to compete in the SEC or win a NC there?" 

"Hmm...well, they had to hire me under false pretenses just to get the top kids IN THEIR STATE to go to school there, so you tell me." 

OTTER

You do understand Shields didn't mean a word of what he wrote don't you?  Trust me, he's up to something.  Oh, who is this "Gus" person some of you mention?  Does he have a job with the Razorbacks?  If not, he is non-existent. 
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: OTTER on April 18, 2014, 09:00:08 pm
You do understand Shields didn't mean a word of what he wrote don't you?  Trust me, he's up to something.  Oh, who is this "Gus" person some of you mention?  Does he have a job with the Razorbacks?  If not, he is non-existent.

You mean Swain's injury in the endzone? 

OTTER

BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: OTTER on April 18, 2014, 09:04:51 pm
I do love the way your mind works!  Almost as warped as mine----almost!

Warped?  You've seen nothing!   :D

I guarantee you that if I was BB, when we play them this season, if we're having trouble getting who we want on the field, I would have the entire team fall down in unison like a bomb went off.  Hey...it would be obvious what was going on, but with no rule against it, he could just send in 11 new players with the clock stopped.  Guaranteed to make ESPN and spark a discussion.   

RNHog

Quote from: Chic-Hog-Oh on April 18, 2014, 04:51:09 pm
No. Hogville just doesn't like realist like myself. Hmmm. Kind of a sweeping statement. I like realists. Based on their posts, I'd estimate 90% on here do.

Everyone wants to see stuff through biased shades. Everyone? Not me. Not me. Oh, OK, not you either.
I can handle the fact that:
1. Coach bb was a solid hire. Even when 90% of HV whine about him. I'd say about 15% of HV whines about him, but those 15% do it in about 95% of their posts. And they post a lot.  To be fair, it's hard to find a lot of positives in 3-9, 0-8. My guess is you'll see fewer whiners this season.  ;)
2. We will never be Bama, LSU, Florida. On a year-in, year-out basis: Agree. Once every 3-5 years: Yes, we can and will be better than 1, 2, or all 3. Never say never.
3. We will never out recruit those places. Agree
4. NWA is not attractive to solid blue chips like say a Alabama. I'm not sure it's an "NWA" vs. "Alabama" attractiveness comparison. It's an "Arkansas' program" vs. "Alabama's program" situation. 'Bama wins that. NWA vs. Tuscaloosa as a place for a college student to live for four years is closer to a wash, IMO.

Good post. I can jive with this.

OTTER

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 18, 2014, 09:09:01 pm
Warped?  You've seen nothing!   :D

I guarantee you that if I was BB, when we play them this season, if we're having trouble getting who we want on the field, I would have the entire team fall down in unison like a bomb went off.  Hey...it would be obvious what was going on, but with no rule against it, he could just send in 11 new players with the clock stopped.  Guaranteed to make ESPN and spark a discussion.   
Now, that's my kind of thinking!!