Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multiple sources reporting Frank Haith is being linked to Tulsa.

Started by k.c.hawg, April 17, 2014, 01:33:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

One thing to remember is that Tulsa joins the new AAC(old Big East).

The American will have 10 teams in 2013-14: Cincinnati, Connecticut, Houston, Louisville, Memphis, Rutgers, SMU, Temple, UCF and USF. East Carolina, Tulane and Tulsa will join the conference for all sports in July 2014, replacing Louisville (Atlantic Coast Conference) and Rutgers (Big Ten). Navy will join the conference as a football-only member in 2015

chiefhawg

Man,

I was bored after doing yard work. Then ole Frank made my day.

azhog10

Quote from: chiefhawg on April 17, 2014, 03:56:47 pm
Isn't Matt the lead recruiter? He is the guy that out beating the bushes. Seems like he is always on the road.
Him and TJ do a lot on the road. MZ is a ridculously hard worker and you won't find a better FT Coach IMO in the business. I will always believe he is the main reason we have improved from the FT line.

chiefhawg

Quote from: azhog10 on April 17, 2014, 05:59:34 pm
Him and TJ do a lot on the road. MZ is a ridculously hard worker and you won't find a better FT Coach IMO in the business. I will always believe he is the main reason we have improved from the FT line.
Matt and Mike have a unique relationship. Man for Mike to ask this guy to go with him to UAB and for Matt to say yes is something.  Its not like Matt had all these connections in Alabama or big time basketball. He was coaching small school basketball in Arkansas.
Matt has demonstrated the ability to connect with men. The past players seem to love him. Probably comes from leaderships skills learned in the Airborne Infantry.

Fayettechill14

Who were the Mizzou reporters who came to Fayetteville for CMA's opening presser in 2011? I demand to see them at Haith's opening presser in Tulsa!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: chiefhawg on April 17, 2014, 03:21:38 pm
I love the smell of Napalm, I mean the smell of coaches getting out of town ahead of the posse in the morning.

That sounds so familiar....what movie?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

chiefhawg

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

husker71

Did Hoffman actually get interviewed   He has deep Okie ties and cant believe he would not take that job if offered.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Breems on April 17, 2014, 05:35:59 pm
It wasn't a slap in the face. He tucked his tail between his legs and ran away from the mess he created.

^^^^^

His seat was warm.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

TT222

Glad he's out of the SEC. He was a disgrace to our conference, he sufferers from the short mans syndrome worst than anyone I've ever seen. After he jumped at MA like he was trying to fight, I lost all respect for him. Not to mention the 4' 2" dwarf would of been a grease spot on the floor.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

oldhawgs

Greg Marshall at Mizzou  ;D Hahahahahahahah!!!!!!  ;D Mizzou be lucky if Stan Heath would take job

kingofdequeen

Birminghog

Quote from: k.c.hawg on April 17, 2014, 05:46:56 pm
Slips out the back door and jumps on the waiting saddled up horse. No worries about the posse catching him, he has a year head start and there is a good money grab with 5 years of job security just down the road.

"Out of the back door of Rose's I ran,
Out where the horses were tied.
I found a good one. He looked like he could run.
Up on his back and away I did ride."

Thank you, Marty Robbins.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 17, 2014, 06:55:10 pm
Who were the Mizzou reporters who came to Fayetteville for CMA's opening presser in 2011? I demand to see them at Haith's opening presser in Tulsa!

Dani Wexelman I think was her name. I wonder if she showed up at Berkeley?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: opineonswine on April 17, 2014, 03:23:33 pm
Though I think Missouri will never be relevant in anything other than journalism, it would be a better basketball job than Tennessee. 

Mizzou is a really good basketball job. So is any school with the right coach, facilities and support. They have the facilities and support there. It is only a matter of them getting the right coach. Let's hope that doesn't happen............Sorry Mizzouman.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 17, 2014, 05:48:41 pm
One thing to remember is that Tulsa joins the new AAC(old Big East).

The American will have 10 teams in 2013-14: Cincinnati, Connecticut, Houston, Louisville, Memphis, Rutgers, SMU, Temple, UCF and USF. East Carolina, Tulane and Tulsa will join the conference for all sports in July 2014, replacing Louisville (Atlantic Coast Conference) and Rutgers (Big Ten). Navy will join the conference as a football-only member in 2015

That's a much tougher basketball conference than the SEC.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 18, 2014, 10:07:53 am
That's a much tougher basketball conference than the SEC.

That will be debatable going forward

Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

The Hogfather

Hawg Red

AAC next season:

UConn
Cincinnati
SMU
Memphis
Temple
Houston
Central Florida
Tulsa
South Florida
East Carolina
Tulane

That league is not better than the SEC. There's five pretty good teams (Temple will be good next season) in that conference but the drop-off is substantial. Goes from good to complete crap almost immediately.

nextlevel

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 18, 2014, 11:11:17 am
AAC next season:

UConn
Cincinnati
SMU
Memphis
Temple
Houston
Central Florida
Tulsa
South Florida
East Carolina
Tulane

That league is not better than the SEC. There's five pretty good teams (Temple will be good next season) in that conference but the drop-off is substantial. Goes from good to complete crap almost immediately.

Pretty much like the old CUSA with Louisville, Memphis, UAB, Marquette, etc.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 18, 2014, 11:11:17 am
AAC next season:

UConn
Cincinnati
SMU
Memphis
Temple
Houston
Central Florida
Tulsa
South Florida
East Carolina
Tulane

It was with Louisville as a member.

The Hogfather

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 18, 2014, 11:45:15 am

But not as the league Haith is stepping into.

He's a chicken.  He creates messes and bolts.  Wish he would've stuck with Missouri quite a bit longer, though.

Hawg Red

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 18, 2014, 11:45:15 am

I said "next season." It was debatable this past season, but again, good to complete crap immediately.