Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No SECT Title = no Big Dance this season

Started by HawgAdvocate, January 11, 2014, 03:47:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sivad

Quote from: -Blu on January 12, 2014, 12:02:26 am
Somebody call up CMA and let him know all he has to do is have the best record in the SEC regular season, and he's good.
No chance of Mike doing that.

pigture perfect

We need a great winning streak to occurif we are to make it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Wright43

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on January 11, 2014, 09:03:42 pm
I said:

> Mike Anderson  --  perennial underachiever with not even a conference runnerup since UAB.

CDBhawg said:

> Mike won the BigXII at Mizzou.

You said:

> Dude he posted it for you, I was trying not to embarrass you anymore lol.  That's pretty common knowledge, he won the Big 12.  Again, google is your friend.

MA's best team at Mizzou finished third in the conference.  That's exactly that way it was.  Both of you said he had a team win the conference.  Winning a tourney isn't winning a conference.  Do you know whose team it was that won the conference that year ?   

You guys are plumbing new depths even for the MA faction.

MA faction? The only faction I'm a part of is the Arkansas Razorback faction. Whoever is coach gets my support until they've proven they are not the coach to lead our team to where we want to be. If you think MA no longer deserves our support, or has proven he isn't the guy, than I think you need to reconsider the facts. 2 losses (1 to the number 10 team in the country) does not make a bad coach. We're a young team with holes. But there has been improvement every year under MA, which is about all you can ask from him. Give the man a chance. We're not where we want to be yet, but neither are the other 351 Division 1 schools--except 1-whoever wins the tournament. If he continues to improve every year, we'll get back to where we want to be. If you want immediate results, just be a bandwaggoner with whichever team wins every year. If you want to be a hog fan, it will be a process, but the juice will be worth the squeeze.

Wright43

Quote from: Sivad on January 12, 2014, 12:17:30 am
No chance of Mike doing that.

You're right there's no chance of MIKE doing that, seeing as he's not the one missing free throws, missing open shots, and making the mental errors. Mike can't do anything alone, its up to the team.

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: Wright43 on January 12, 2014, 01:26:46 am

MA faction? The only faction I'm a part of is the Arkansas Razorback faction. Whoever is coach gets my support until they've proven they are not the coach to lead our team to where we want to be. If you think MA no longer deserves our support, or has proven he isn't the guy, than I think you need to reconsider the facts. 2 losses (1 to the number 10 team in the country) does not make a bad coach. We're a young team with holes. But there has been improvement every year under MA, which is about all you can ask from him. Give the man a chance. We're not where we want to be yet, but neither are the other 351 Division 1 schools--except 1-whoever wins the tournament. If he continues to improve every year, we'll get back to where we want to be. If you want immediate results, just be a bandwaggoner with whichever team wins every year. If you want to be a hog fan, it will be a process, but the juice will be worth the squeeze.

Your point here is well taken.  However, there is another issue at hand:  the constant attempt to redefine the world in order to justify the MAssiah.  Day after day there is lie after lie.  Fortunately, in the context of Razorback basketball the faction who promotes the lie is very small. 

Being able to face up to truth and deal with it, good or bad, is important.  The importance extends to matters far more significant than a basketball coach.

Ephesians 4:25  Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body.

Kevin

he never placed above 3rd in the regular season in the b12

he did win the b12 tournament championship

both championships have mutual importance. it puts you in the big dance.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2014, 05:36:38 pm
I so hope the Hogs can turn this season around and get to post season. so it will shut you up.

i just call it as I see it. Thats a fact jack!
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Smithian

Quote from: Wright43 on January 12, 2014, 01:33:48 am
You're right there's no chance of MIKE doing that, seeing as he's not the one missing free throws, missing open shots, and making the mental errors. Mike can't do anything alone, its up to the team.

Check the quote in my status.

Coaches and players win and lose as a team. People's obsession with throwing college kids under the bus to protect a millionaire is disappointing in year 3.

Yesterday was on players and coaches just like last year's win over Florida was a credit to players and coaches.

Wright43

January 12, 2014, 10:21:17 am #108 Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:52:42 am by Wright43
Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on January 12, 2014, 09:06:01 am
Your point here is well taken.  However, there is another issue at hand:  the constant attempt to redefine the world in order to justify the MAssiah.  Day after day there is lie after lie.  Fortunately, in the context of Razorback basketball the faction who promotes the lie is very small. 

Being able to face up to truth and deal with it, good or bad, is important.  The importance extends to matters far more significant than a basketball coach.

Ephesians 4:25  Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body.

Granted I'm overseas right now and don't get on here often, I have yet to see a post that "redefines the world" in order to justify Anderson. Here are the facts:
1. MA is a proven winner as a coach
2. Generally, by year 3 or so and beyond MA's teams start to have more success
3. We have gotten better every year under MA
4. Though the last two games were disappointing because we could have won both, they were still just 2 games. There are more games to be played, and the season is far from over.

I don't see anything there that is redefining the world, yet it all points towards not calling for Anderson's job. If Anderson genuinely had shown that he should no longer be the coach, I wouldn't deny it. But that day has not come, nor do we seem to be close to that day at all.

Smithian

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on January 12, 2014, 09:06:01 am

If I'm reading this correctly you just used scripture while making a point that people should put more blame n Mike Anderson.

I don't even know what to say to that. Using scripture in a negative post... That's a first even for Jump Ball.

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: Smithian on January 12, 2014, 10:27:12 am
If I'm reading this correctly you just used scripture while making a point that people should put more blame n Mike Anderson.

I don't even know what to say to that. Using scripture in a negative post... That's a first even for Jump Ball.

You're not reading it correctly.   Truth is attacked on this forum.  Gross ignorance and lying are largely accepted as long as it favors MA.  Not everyone is going to be browbeaten into living the lie.

Westcoasthog

If I am correct the first two years under Mike Anderson 2011-2012, 2012-2013 Arkansas did not make the NCAA Tourament or the NIT.  I hope that this does not happen in 2013-2014 - please verify.

HawgAdvocate

January 12, 2014, 12:51:42 pm #112 Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:18:42 pm by HawgAdvocate
Looking at the latest Lunardi S-curve (updated last night), our two best wins are currently Minnesota and SMU. No other team we've beaten currently shows up on the S-curve.

Unfortunately, both Minnesota and SMU are considered just bubble teams. Minnesota is currently 45th and the "last team in," while SMU is 72nd (last of the "first four out").

With no true road wins to speak of, and no solid non-con wins to lean on at this point, Arkansas has to go on a miraculous run in the SEC now in order to go Dancing. That means 4+ road wins, with 2+ being against good/great teams, and 3+ top 50 wins at home JUST to remain on the bubble come Selection Sunday. 

It's worth noting that the SEC is projected to get four teams in: UK, Florida, Missouri, and Tennessee. We play that group just five more times. That's five games (2 @ home, 3 on the road) we HAVE to make the most of.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10278653/bracketology-texas-drops-latest-ncaa-tournament-bracket-college-basketball
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 12, 2014, 12:51:42 pm
Looking at the latest Lunardi S-curve (updated last night), our two best wins are currently Minnesota and SMU. No other team we've beaten currently shows up on the S-curve.

Unfortunately, both Minnesota and SMU are considered just bubble teams. Minnesota is currently 45th and the "last team in," while SMU is 72nd (last of the "first four out").

With no true road wins to speak of, and no solid non-con wins to lean on at this point, Arkansas has to go on a miraculous run in the SEC now in order to go Dancing. That means 4+ road wins, with 2+ being against good/great teams, and 3+ top 50 wins at home JUST to remain on the bubble come Selection Sunday. 

It's worth noting that the SEC is projected to get four teams in: UK, Florida, Missouri, and Tennessee.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10278653/bracketology-texas-drops-latest-ncaa-tournament-bracket-college-basketball
....our AD has come out of hiding to announce " it is 6 o' clock and all is well, all is well, all is well"...

[attachment deleted by admin]
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Westcoasthog

Arkansas needs to bring back Nolan Richardson.

The Hogfather

Quote from: -Blu on January 11, 2014, 09:57:16 pm
He won a freakin conference tournament.  9.9 our of 10 people would take that over being named having the best regular season record that doesn't mean anything at all.

What?  Are you serious?  Ridiculous statement.  You either don't understand anything about college basketball OR you are ignoring what you do know to try and make your point.

The Hogfather

And here I was thinking the post season play was more important, and that's what teams played the regular season to prepare for.   I'm glad you cleared up for me the REGULAR season is more important.  I'm about to get my January Madness on! 

Somebody call up CMA and let him know all he has to do is have the best record in the SEC regular season, and he's good with us, he doesn't have to show to the SEC or NCAA tournament, because the regular season is more important because it shows consistency. Also, I'm done watching the NBA playoffs, because since you informed me of this, I'm just concerned to see who wins that regular season title for each conference.  Forget winning the Conference Championship series, all you gotta do is win that regular season title baby!  Get Brett Beliema on the phone as well, let him know all he's gotta do is have the best record in the SEC West, that conference championship game ain't important. 

Ok, I think you cleared it up for me.  You just don't know anything about college basketball.....AT ALL.

To say winning the conference tournament means more than winning the regular season conference championship is absolutely ridiculous.

mhuff

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 11, 2014, 04:12:42 pm
A three year process? Other coaches have turned around programs much worse and in much less time.

Agree, CDBhawg, three years is generally the accepted period of time that a good coach can turn a team around. There shouldn't be excuses after that length of time. He can either recruit or he can't. He can either coach or he can't. I don't want to hear what a coach has done in the past...... that's what gets him and the big bucks. I want to know what he is doing now. You can't rest on your laurels.

hawginbigd1

Minnesota and SMU remains to be seen whether these were mildly quality wins. Everything else was cupcakes beside the 2 losses and it remains to be seen how good Cal and Gonzaga really are going to finish. All this is to say after watching the first 2 conference games how anybody can seriously be talking about tournaments, A&M was as bad a performance as I have seen in a long time, against a very poor team. Played with some heart on Saturday, but way too much stupidity is in evidence. Stupidity on the floor is coaching, talent is not coaching, attitude and desire is 50% coaching. The areas where we have been defective all involve coaching. We could use some upgrade in talent. I feel tournament level talent is on the team, tournament level coaching remains to be seen.

-Blu

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 13, 2014, 08:20:51 am
Ok, I think you cleared it up for me.  You just don't know anything about college basketball.....AT ALL.

To say winning the conference tournament means more than winning the regular season conference championship is absolutely ridiculous.

I can't believe I have to argue with people about the post season being more important than the regular season.  All I'm going to say is go pull the ratings from 2 teams playing each other in a regular season game, then go pull those ratings for those same teams playing in the post season conference tournament.  Then come back and tell me which one people care about more.

Thanks!

masshog2412

Actually hes exactly right..while i agree the regular season is important there are lots of collegiate tes that had great seasons, won the regular season championship and lost in their tournament, so they didnt get to go dancing....i challenge u to find me one team who had a poor season then won their tournament and didnt get to dance...so yea ill hold my breath while u come up with that tean.....go hogs beat UK

Kevin

if you win the regular season, you will be in the ncaa's
if you win the conference tournament, you will be in the ncaa's

both teams will hang banners in their arenas

so they are equal

cannot believe there is an argument about this
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

-Blu

Quote from: masshog2412 on January 13, 2014, 07:53:12 pm
Actually hes exactly right..while i agree the regular season is important there are lots of collegiate tes that had great seasons, won the regular season championship and lost in their tournament, so they didnt get to go dancing....i challenge u to find me one team who had a poor season then won their tournament and didnt get to dance...so yea ill hold my breath while u come up with that tean.....go hogs beat UK

That confused face that Hogfather has on his avatar is perfect for him.

This place we call hogville amazes me more and more everyday.  So far today I've seen a poster say we need at least 25 wins including 3 wins in the SECT to MAYBE have a shot at getting into the NCAA tournament, when no team in the SEC with 23 or more wins has ever been left out, and now people claiming that winning the regular season is more important than winning your conference championship.

Hey, Hogfather let me google somthing for you.....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Utah+State+2004+tournament+snub

Google's your friend buddy, use it before posting.

-Blu

Quote from: Kevin on January 13, 2014, 07:59:31 pm
if you win the regular season, you will be in the ncaa's
if you win the conference tournament, you will be in the ncaa's

both teams will hang banners in their arenas

so they are equal

cannot believe there is an argument about this

Hey Kevin....

Google's your friend.  And you should know this being an elite level coach on the collegiate level, that has coached Clemson and Duke players.

Kevin

Quote from: -Blu on January 13, 2014, 08:05:59 pm
Hey Kevin....

Google's your friend.  And you should know this being an elite level coach on the collegiate level, that has coached Clemson and Duke players.

ok, i should have clarified a big 6 conference team. since you guys were arguing the B12.

now do you want to argue that.

plus, i knew that about utah state. i had a player i trained play there, know the staff very well.

-Blu

Quote from: Kevin on January 13, 2014, 08:10:36 pm
ok, i should have clarified a big 6 conference team. since you guys were arguing the B12.

now do you want to argue that.

plus, i knew that about utah state. i had a player i trained play there, know the staff very well.

LOL!  Dude post your credentials and stats or shut up with all this coaching stuff.  You haven't even so much as named a city you've coached in. Why would you even bring that up if you don't want anyone to know who you are, that's so weird.

And, that situation can happen in the SEC, not this year or most years, but a year like last year you could have realistically had a team like Ole Miss that could have tied for best record in the conference, then they get knocked out in their first game of SEC tournament and they not make it.  As a matter of fact if Florida loses 2 more games last year, we could have been looking at a 4 way tie for best regular season record, and at least 2 of those teams wouldn't have made it without a big showing in the tournament.

Kevin

you are the one that brought it up i didn't.

don't say the situation can happen, it hasn't.

you just don't like not being right all the time, so your little feelings are hurt.

gainesville,fl-there is a city for you

-Blu

Quote from: Kevin on January 13, 2014, 08:21:47 pm
you are the one that brought it up i didn't.

don't say the situation can happen, it hasn't.

you just don't like not being right all the time, so your little feelings are hurt.

gainesville,fl-there is a city for you

Coach Kev,

Thanks for responding.  I said it could happen.  Having the best record in your conference does NOT guarantee you an NCAA tournament spot, you can read that in the selection rules it's clearly in there.  Winning your conference tournament in fact does guarantee you a tournament spot no matter what happens.  Hence the basic reasoning that the tournament is more important.  That's just a basic conclusion that I came to.  You should know these rules Coach Kev.

And Coach Kev, you are my new favorite poster, you are committed to this lie you have going on and your not going to give it up.  I just have one question, did you honestly think you could post that you've won championships, coached Clemson, Duke, and now Utah State players, and nobody would ask you anything?  I'm just trying to figure out your thought process here.

Thanks again Coach Kev!

masshog2412

Big 6 conferences are included the fact remains that if u dont win your conference then ur leaving your fate in the hands of a committee to put u in the tourney.... not saying its the way it should be but winning the conf tournament is the only way to guarantee a bid....thus the greater importance

Kevin

could: yes
ever has: NO
ever will: more than likely not

there is NO way a big 6 regular season champion will not make the tournament.

why is it so important about were i coached? it is irrelevant. you sure are suspicious. why would i lie about something like that?

this is the internet, not real interested in giving out certain information to people i don't know

Kevin

Quote from: masshog2412 on January 13, 2014, 08:36:27 pm
Big 6 conferences are included the fact remains that if u dont win your conference then ur leaving your fate in the hands of a committee to put u in the tourney.... not saying its the way it should be but winning the conf tournament is the only way to guarantee a bid....thus the greater importance

so what you guys believe:

that is the following teams won the regular season title, they would not make the tournament:

acc-syracuse
sec-florida
B12-kansas
B10-michigan state
pac 12- arizona
american- louisville

never

masshog2412

I personally could care less if you coached. ..I've played (in non big 6) as i know others and im sure yourself did at one point if you coached...and while the regular season was played hard with emphasis put on it...we were always hyped to play our conf tourney just bc we knew thats all we HAD to win our way in so ots tough for me to say the conference tournament wasnt more important

checkraiser88

Quote from: -Blu on January 13, 2014, 07:35:58 pm
I can't believe I have to argue with people about the post season being more important than the regular season.  All I'm going to say is go pull the ratings from 2 teams playing each other in a regular season game, then go pull those ratings for those same teams playing in the post season conference tournament.  Then come back and tell me which one people care about more.

Thanks!

It amazes me that people like you who have been wrong about how good this team actually is continue to talk down to others just because we are freaking out after the first 2 games. We have every reason to freak out dude. These first 2 games were very important to our tournament hopes and we lost both of them. We will likely lose again tomorrow night. Maybe after tomorrow night your sunshine pumping will be put to a halt. Of course I hope we win tomorrow night but at the same time a loss will really let reality set into your little phase of writing these first 2 games off as no big deal.

-Blu

Quote from: Kevin on January 13, 2014, 08:40:42 pm
this is the internet, not real interested in giving out certain information to people i don't know

Why would you bring it up that your a coach and won all these championships and coached all these great players if you don't want anybody to know who you are.  You come on here and bash coach Anderson day after day, then claim your a coach, and then get upset when someone asks you your qualifications.  That's so weird.  If your a coach and don't want anybody to know your a coach, then don't freakin bring it up in every thread.

That's like me going to a medical message board, and telling people their doctor's don't know what their talking about, and then tell them I'm a doctor, so listen to me, and somebody ask me my qualifications and I tell them that's none of their business.

masshog2412

I didnt say never ur just counting on the committee to put u in...u win ur conf n theres no question i completely agree the reg seaaon is important but bottom line no team can EVER not get in while winning conf tournament u cannot say thatthe other way...sorry

Kevin

Quote from: masshog2412 on January 13, 2014, 08:50:04 pm
I personally could care less if you coached. ..I've played (in non big 6) as i know others and im sure yourself did at one point if you coached...and while the regular season was played hard with emphasis put on it...we were always hyped to play our conf tourney just bc we knew thats all we HAD to win our way in so ots tough for me to say the conference tournament wasnt more important

not saying it is not important. i am saying in the big conferences they are equal to importance to post season play.

conferences below that, it is all about the 3 or 4 day conference tournament.

as blu- correctly pointed out utah state won the wac & lost in the conference tournament, did not get in. it happens every year, those are the bubble busters.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on January 13, 2014, 07:35:58 pm

Thanks!

If Arkansas wins the SEC regular season title: FAR more often than not, that would mean obtaining enough wins (home & road) against enough superior teams to secure a high seed in the Big Dance, regardless of how far Arkansas went in the SEC Tournament.

If Arkansas simply wins the SEC Tournament: Arkansas could be the 5th, 6h, or even last seed in the SECT, still win it, and get a crap seed in the Big Dance simply for winning the automatic qualifier.

SEC Regular Season Title > SEC Tourney Title

All.Day.Long.

-Blu

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 13, 2014, 08:50:21 pm
It amazes me that people like you who have been wrong about how good this team actually is continue to talk down to others just because we are freaking out after the 2 first 2 games. We have every reason to freak out dude. These first 2 games were very important to our tournament hopes and we lost both of them. We will likely lose again tomorrow night. Maybe after tomorrow night your sunshine pumping will be put to a halt. Of course I hope we win tomorrow night but at the same time a loss will really let reality set into your little phase of writing these first 2 games off as no big deal.

Sorry bro, can't comprehend your loser mindset, and I've never had a "freak out", that's pretty weird, whatever that is.   I've never had a loser mentality in life, people tell me I can't do something and something can't be done, I work my butt off to prove them wrong.  So, I'm assuming our team and more importantly our coaching staff thinks the same way and don't have a losers mentality, such as yourself, because they've never shown to have one at any of their other destinations.  But, have fun with those "Freak Outs".

Kevin

i think there are people who just like to argue.

here i was trying to say both are equal to importance, and i get people that want to argue that.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on January 13, 2014, 08:05:30 pm
That confused face that Hogfather has on his avatar is perfect for him.

This place we call hogville amazes me more and more everyday.  So far today I've seen a poster say we need at least 25 wins including 3 wins in the SECT to MAYBE have a shot at getting into the NCAA tournament, when no team in the SEC with 23 or more wins has ever been left out, and now people claiming that winning the regular season is more important than winning your conference championship.

Hey, Hogfather let me google somthing for you.....

Google's your friend buddy, use it before posting.

Such asinine arrogance is hard to digest when there's no merit to what you're saying.

masshog2412

Yes obviously being a high seed is ideal but at this point just getting in is the goal i dont care if we finish 9-9 and win our tournament then we will still be in and alot better off than bubble teams who didntmake it but had a better regular season

Kevin

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 13, 2014, 08:57:45 pm
Such asinine arrogance is hard to digest when there's no merit to what you're saying.

so your saying no sec team with 23 wins, has not made the tournament. you did not say that team won the conference tournament. so you pretty much proved our point. thanks

Kevin

Quote from: masshog2412 on January 13, 2014, 09:01:13 pm
Yes obviously being a high seed is ideal but at this point just getting in is the goal i dont care if we finish 9-9 and win our tournament then we will still be in and alot better off than bubble teams who didntmake it but had a better regular season

did not say better regular season, i said regular season conference champs.

if we don't win the regular season, then yes, win the tournament to leave no doubt

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Kevin on January 13, 2014, 09:01:49 pm
so your saying no sec team with 23 wins, has not made the tournament. you did not say that team won the conference tournament. so you pretty much proved our point. thanks

Now I'm confused. What did I not say?

Hogs-n-Roses

Turn to ESPN right now and you'll see why we are what we are. These are not top 5 teams but they have great talent. We do not have that kind of talent. Not even close. This team is not a tournament quality team. Blame whomever you want but our players are not this caliber. Each of these teams has players who can shoot. Not just jumpingjack athletes. They are basketball savvy players also.

masshog2412

I agree with that all im saying is i think on the whole(preparation H feels good jk) that 3-4 game winning streak at end of march GUARANTEES a bid ,by rule winning regular season does not,i dont agree thats the way it should be or that it shouldn't guarantee to a bid...but fact is thats the ONLY way to get an automatic invite....to be fair u have valid points

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Kevin on January 13, 2014, 09:02:42 pm
did not say better regular season, i said regular season conference champs.

if we don't win the regular season, then yes, win the tournament to leave no doubt

Exactly. Context, context, context, gentlemen.

Those on Jump Ball that don't acknowledge context do a great disservice to each and every discussion they partake in.

dsims2k3

There is validity to Blu's post. Not every regular season conference champ is guaranteed an automatic NCAA bid, as opposed to every conference tourney champ.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

dsims2k3

I'd take a tourney conference championship with a team that has gotten hot any day over a regular season conference champ that choked up.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 13, 2014, 09:18:34 pm
There is validity to Blu's post. Not every regular season conference champ is guaranteed an automatic NCAA bid, as opposed to every conference tourney champ.

Hogfather wasn't speaking about just any conference tournament though. He was pointing out the stupidity of not recognizing what winning the SEC regular season title would entail, from the statement below. Blu then changed the narrative to lesser conferences (WAC), where the point was then lost. #Context

Somebody call up CMA and let him know all he has to do is have the best record in the SEC regular season, and he's good with us, he doesn't have to show to the SEC or NCAA tournament, because the regular season is more important because it shows consistency.