Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TX Coaching Search

Started by trashcan maN, December 06, 2013, 09:50:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 06, 2013, 12:56:21 pm
I'm trying to imagine someone not lying to the media. 

When a coach is about to move, there is no reason to give straight answers to "the media, " of all entities...
That's my point. I put 0 stock in what he and his wife tell the media.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: moses_007 on December 06, 2013, 01:00:19 pm
Saban will take the Texas job, then Alabama will hire Gus.

Then CBP becomes an auburn lock.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hoggish1

Quote from: MacHog19 on December 06, 2013, 12:38:12 pm
No, I don't.  You have to look no further than the Auburn tree killing incident to know the psyche of some Tide fans.  If Saban took the UT job, he would not, nor would Alabama let him coach their bowl game. In time, some of the 'Bama faithful would get over it, but if I read that someone vandalized his statue after his announcement to leave Tuscaloosa, I would not have any trouble believing it.

Well, OK, those fan would yank that statue out in a redneck second, but I can assure you Nick would be the first to realize he's not coaching in a post season bowl for Bama, if he decides to leave.

moses_007

You can't believe any coach, or his wife either, at times like this.  Didn't Saban say he would never coach Alabama?

trashcan maN

Quote from: moses_007 on December 06, 2013, 01:11:45 pm
You can't believe any coach, or his wife either, at times like this.  Didn't Saban say he would never coach Alabama?
He told MSU that LSU had just contacted him and he had no interest, and then there is the infamous speech before taking the Bama job.

The most telling thing to me is that his wife always scouts the area ahead of time and was caught red handed in Austin.

Pathogen

Bama fans make Texas fans look sane.  This was on craigslist after the Iron Bowl.

superior_wang

texas tush hog

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on December 06, 2013, 12:58:44 pm
I think that Texas will go after Kevin Sumlin. Johnny Dooshball will be gone and Sumlin already has a deep connection in Houston and College Station areas for recruiting.

Maybe after Saban turned them down, but their egos will not let not make a run at Nick Saban. That's why they are called teasippers.

Dirty

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 06, 2013, 12:12:31 pm
No way Alabama is that stupid. You win three NC there in eight years and they tear your statue down?  That would make Saban's move away from a hysterical place, look very justified...  LOL

People kill over a Alabama loss.  Nothing surprises me when it comes to Alabama fans.

The NewEra

Quote from: rlh06 on December 06, 2013, 01:11:08 pm
Then CBP becomes an auburn lock.

Now wouldn't that be a true case of musical chairs?

Redhogs

Quote from: fvillehog on December 06, 2013, 01:26:49 pm
Bama fans make Texas fans look sane.  This was on craigslist after the Iron Bowl.

Good thing he's not a Hog fan, he would either be in jail or have killed himself..his sense of perportion needs a little work... ;)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

three hog night

Quote from: proud2bpork on December 06, 2013, 10:46:26 am
I think the one thing that will ultimately persuade Saban to Texas will their desire to be an independent program.  With the playoff system, conference ties are no longer a critical component of getting to the championshipgame.  Texas will offer saban keys to a program that doesn't have to follow conference rules and he can set his own schedule.  That will be the biggest carrot.

Bingo, you nailed it
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

SouthSide Johnny

:-\ :-\ :-\
Geez another soothsayers burn at the stake prediction, some just don't learn..
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

forrest city joe

Quote from: three hog night on December 06, 2013, 01:52:20 pm
Bingo, you nailed it
Saban is not going to Texas. he is staying at Bama and getting a big raise.

trashcan maN

Quote from: SSJ on December 06, 2013, 01:55:46 pm
:-\ :-\ :-\
Geez another soothsayers burn at the stake prediction, some just don't learn..
It's a sports forums.

People are going to make lists, rank things and predict stuff. Deal with it.

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: kj0N on December 06, 2013, 01:57:51 pm
It's a sports forums.

People are going to make lists, rank things and predict stuff. Deal with it.

Your a special kind of simple aren't you  :puke:..... Deal with the heat
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

trashcan maN

Quote from: SSJ on December 06, 2013, 02:00:18 pm
I don't understand what 'deal with the heat' means in this context. It must've been too complex for me simple little mind.

Dirty

Quote from: SSJ on December 06, 2013, 02:00:18 pm

That was bringing the "heat"?  You got work to do!

moses_007

Quote from: kj0N on December 06, 2013, 01:13:41 pm
He told MSU that LSU had just contacted him and he had no interest, and then there is the infamous speech before taking the Bama job.

The most telling thing to me is that his wife always scouts the area ahead of time and was caught red handed in Austin.
She can deny looking to buy a house in Austin if she wants to, but it came straight from a realtor that she was in the market for a home in Austin.  Then, once she was caught, she said she was looking to buy a vacation home there. Now, why would anyone in their right mind want a vacation home in Austin, Texas?

trashcan maN

Quote from: moses_007 on December 06, 2013, 02:11:55 pm
She can deny looking to buy a house in Austin if she wants to, but it came straight from a realtor that she was in the market for a home in Austin.  Then, once she was caught, she said she was looking to buy a vacation home there. Now, why would anyone in their right mind want a vacation home in Austin, Texas?
Exactly. Can't wait to see this one play out.

Dirty

Because of the great beaches!  Duh!

texas tush hog

Quote from: Dirty on December 06, 2013, 02:26:36 pm

There aren't even any beaches on Lake Travis er Travis mud puddle due to the drought.

The NewEra

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 06, 2013, 02:33:32 pm
There aren't even any beaches on Lake Travis er Travis mud puddle due to the drought.

I've been wondering if Lake Travis was still an empty canyon.  God that lake use to be beautiful.

moses_007

Quote from: Dirty on December 06, 2013, 02:26:36 pm
Kinda like that oceanfront property in Arizona!

RazorSAE

FWIW...which isn't much...my good buddy (Tejas alum), who is pretty well connected with some of the higher-ups, says the name that UT plans to make a serious run at is the Ravens' John Harbaugh. 

I'd be shocked if he took the job, but if he's tired of the NFL...who knows.  I'll believe when I see it....carry on gentlemen.   :razorback:

trashcan maN

Quote from: RazorSAE on December 06, 2013, 03:01:45 pm
FWIW...which isn't much...my good buddy (Tejas alum), who is pretty well connected with some of the higher-ups, says the name that UT plans to make a serious run at is the Ravens' John Harbaugh. 

I'd be shocked if he took the job, but if he's tired of the NFL...who knows.  I'll believe when I see it....carry on gentlemen.   :razorback:

I heard the same thing.

PorkSoda

why would anyone in their right mind want a vacation home in Austin, Texas?
tons of live music and great food, what's not to like?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 06, 2013, 03:02:21 pm
tons of live music and great food, what's not to like?

But in your 60's?  I just don't picture Saban down there swilling beer and listening to the blues. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

PorkSoda

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 06, 2013, 03:08:00 pm
But in your 60's?  I just don't picture Saban down there swilling beer and listening to the blues. 
no doubt, the vacation home excuse doesn't pass the smell test, but I'd venture to guess that the wifey would take Austin over Tuscaloosa. 
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Mick Hogger

I don't think Texas isn't looking to be independent. I've been reading their boards and they have definitely been humbled by the Aggies and the conference boondoggle they are in because of their own arrogance. A lot have shifted their thinking and want to come to the SEC with OK because then they'd have OK, A&M, and us as regional rivals and they really miss that. They used to look down on the SEC conference academically, but now we've got better schools than they have in the Big XII. They really screwed the pooch.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

trashcan maN

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 06, 2013, 03:13:45 pm
no doubt, the vacation home excuse doesn't pass the smell test, but I'd venture to guess that the wifey would take Austin over Tuscaloosa.
When first asked, Terri Saban said there was no basis for the claims that she was house hunting in Austin. When she was caught red handed in her lie, she said she was looking to buy a house for one of their children.

Why lie in the first place? Something stinks...

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 06, 2013, 03:13:45 pm

I agree completely.  I love Austin.  It's just the Texans who live there that I don't care for.   ;)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

PorkSoda

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 06, 2013, 03:23:31 pm
I agree completely.  I love Austin.  It's just the Texans who live there that I don't care for.   ;)
funny, I felt the same way about Tahoe.  Great town except for all them Californians. 

Dirty

superior_wang

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 06, 2013, 03:23:31 pm

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on Today at 03:23:31 pm
funny, I felt the same way about Tahoe.  Great town except for all them Californians.

dont move to colorado then! .. all the damn texicans and californians live here.

superior_wang

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 06, 2013, 01:05:37 pm
A chainsaw on a bronze statue?  No that's the type fan I'd want to get away from.

It's got a special chain on it.  Diamond studded.   ;)

A pickup and a chain...same thing.   :)

PorkSoda

Quote from: kj0N on December 06, 2013, 03:14:56 pm
When first asked, Terri Saban said there was no basis for the claims that she was house hunting in Austin. When she was caught red handed in her lie, she said she was looking to buy a house for one of their children.

oh I have no doubt Saban is considering it. 

It should be interesting to see how this plays out.  USC had to settle for an assistant from their glory days.  Bama could settle for Smart if they lose Saban, but if that's a no go, who does Texas go after?

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: kj0N on December 06, 2013, 03:14:56 pm

Sexton:  Terri, how would you feel about taking a trip to Austin to look at houses? 

Terri:  Why would I do that?  We want to stay here until Nick retires. 

Sexton:  I can give you about 3 million reasons a year why an innocent trip to Austin to look at real estate would be in you and your husband's best interest. 

LZH

I saw this afternoon on ESPNU where a writer from SI thinks Briles is the new UT coach.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: LedZepHog on December 06, 2013, 04:34:52 pm
I saw this afternoon on ESPNU where a writer from SI thinks Briles is the new UT coach.

He would be a good choice, but not buying anything right now.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

rhames

Lol

All of y'all's "buddies" have "heard" nothing. Everything in this thread can be found on other message boards. It's all Internet gossip that is making the rounds

It's just like the gruden to Arkansas thing last year.

My fav is everyone in Texas knows but were asked to keep in a secret?

How many people would keep a secret in which part of the secret is that they are getting fired

Y'all act like coaching searches are like game or thrones

I know the weather is bad and boredom is high but dang.

Nick stays at bama

Mac gets one more year at Texas.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

grayhawg

Quote from: rhames on December 06, 2013, 04:40:21 pm
Lol

All of y'all's "buddies" have "heard" nothing. Everything in this thread can be found on other message boards. It's all Internet gossip that is making the rounds

It's just like the gruden to Arkansas thing last year.

My fav is everyone in Texas knows but were asked to keep in a secret?

How many people would keep a secret in which part of the secret is that they are getting fired

Y'all act like coaching searches are like game or thrones

I know the weather is bad and boredom is high but dang.

Nick stays at bama

Link?

trashcan maN

Quote from: rhames on December 06, 2013, 04:40:21 pm

You're wrong. Hope this isn't the first time.

I believe Saban goes to Texas and I've felt that way for months.  A coach who would be a perfect fit there would be Malzahn for all the reasons Saban would be the perfect fit.  Either coach could almost plan his post season around the playoffs annually.  Easy recruiting, easy path to the playoffs.  Malzahn is younger and has proven he'll change jobs in a heartbeat.  Texas might could be his if Saban isn't interested, though I think Saban is interested.

rhames

Quote from: kj0N on December 06, 2013, 04:45:59 pm
You're wrong. Hope this isn't the first time.

I've never ever ever been wrong in my young 25 years of life

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Dirty

Quote from: rhames on December 06, 2013, 04:51:20 pm

I'm calling BS! ;)

superior_wang

Quote from: rhames on December 06, 2013, 04:51:20 pm

smart man. I often use the Bill Clinton defense. Deny. Deny.Deny!!!

gumbohog

True story...and I've known how "message board" it sounds ever since I heard it a few weeks ago but...
I live in Austin and my audio visual guy's BEST FRIEND said he PERSONALLY SOLD the Saban's a house in Texas

A similar story has been shared by many people here in Austin

I love the way that sounds..."my a-v guys best friend".  I know my friends have taken it a few extra steps "my brother's friend has an a-v guy who's friend PERSONALLY sold the Saban's a house in Austin" :)

HouSwine