Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The final blow to the GSD

Started by bigpigpimpin, October 01, 2016, 09:03:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: Hawg414 on October 02, 2016, 02:40:34 am
very perceptive.  thats what NWA refuses to acknowledge.  they are quick to say "we" sell out DWRRS but "yall" cant fill WMS.  either unaware or completely oblivious to the fact that the reason DWRRS sells out is bc so many fans from central arkansas travel to each game... whereas the entire group of NWA fans that travel to a LR game can probably fit in a single honda.
There are more reasons for a person to travel to a game played in DWRRS as opposed to WMS. Just hate to step away from the venue leaving it for ASU to take advantage of.

cosmodrum

Quote from: daprospecta on October 01, 2016, 09:05:41 pm
It's Alcorn State.  This game would not have been close to a sellout in NWA. I would go as far as to say maybe 60,000 attend if it's in NWA?

Yeah, only 14k more than the pitiful crowd at wms
Go away, batin'

Augustus

Hawg414

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 02, 2016, 03:17:30 am
And its not an indictment of central and south Arkansas fans either.  It is an indictment of the city of LR and how they've managed to let that stadium fall so far behind.  LR may need to consider what better use they can make of that land.   

it's a state owned facility.  not city owned.  and it is ran by the War Memorial Stadium Commission, which is comprised of people from all across the state.

ChitownHawg

It's Alcorn State.  This game would not have been close to a sellout in NWA. I would go as far as to say maybe 60,000 attend if it's in NWA?

That would still be double of what we had yesterday. ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

DLUXHOG

Quote from: SoCalHogFan on October 01, 2016, 11:50:44 pm
Haha. Considering the population of Little Rock isn't even 200,000. If you're gonna throw shade at something at least make sure it's accurate.
I was referring to the population of the Little Rock MSA, which is 700,000+...  NWA MSA is 500,000+..   you do know what an MSA is don't you?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 02, 2016, 05:48:41 am
That would still be double of what we had yesterday. ;)

IDGAS one way or another, but RRS wouldn't have had double the attendance WMS. That's just making stuff up to get a rise out of someone.

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 02, 2016, 06:52:16 am
I was referring to the population of the Little Rock MSA, which is 700,000+...  NWA MSA is 500,000+..   you do know what an MSA is don't you?

NWA attendees could have traveled to support the team. I know, it's just Alcorn State. No reason to drive 3 hours.
This is my non-signature signature.

The NewEra

Acxiom Corporation told their employees they would buy 4 tickets each for any of their employees wanting to go to the game.  That's when 15,000 tickets still were available.  The pictures show the dead space and this goes back to the last few years including the Georgia game that wasn't sold out.

There is no reason not to move all of the games to the home stadium on campus. It seems the only logical question is should the university buy out the remainder of the contract or not.

ricepig

Quote from: WorfHog on October 01, 2016, 11:19:13 pm
Texas State sold out in Fayetteville, weak central Arkansas crowd needs to put up or shut up.

#SeeyaLR

Well, to be truthful, Ole Miss isn't sold out in RRS, yet.

JaketheSnake

hobhog

No debate. Just hypocritical haters who wouldn't go to game anyway.

hoglady

I wonder if those last tickets for Alcorn St would have sold if UA would have sold them for $10 - the way they did tickets for Texas St. (You could buy 4 tickets to Texas St for what 1 ticket to Alcorn St cost you)

Alcorn St tickets were more expensive than some tickets for Ole Miss and Florida / due to poor sales for those games in Fayetteville the ticket office offered a "flash sale" for $41 after the TCU game.

UA needs to do more price adjustment for the product.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/sep/28/analyst-arkansas-ticket-prices-too-high-and-too-lo/
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on October 02, 2016, 08:29:05 am
I wonder if those last tickets for Alcorn St would have sold if UA would have sold them for $10 - the way they did tickets for Texas St. (You could buy 4 tickets to Texas St for what 1 ticket to Alcorn St cost you)

Alcorn St tickets were more expensive than some tickets for Ole Miss and Florida / due to poor sales for those games in Fayetteville the ticket office offered a "flash sale" for $41 after the TCU game.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/sep/28/analyst-arkansas-ticket-prices-too-high-and-too-lo/

The $10 tickets weren't from the UofA, they were aftermarket, I believe. I'd have to see direct proof of the UofA marketing on the $10 tickets. I do know on Family Weekend that they have let students buy an extra ticket at a discounted price.

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

All I know is it is different now that you can watch every game online.  When I was a kid, the Hogs were not on TV every week.  We listened on the radio.  If it had not been for the fact the Hogs played games in Little Rock, I would not have been the fan I am now.  It was simple economics, I could not afford the trip to Fayetteville from where I lived in the Delta.  I worked odd jobs I could fit in after my regular job SPECIFICALLY to go to ballgames in Little Rock.  I loved the games I got to see in War Memorial and I cherish the memories. 

Augustus

Quote from: The NewEra on October 02, 2016, 07:00:26 am
Acxiom Corporation told their employees they would buy 4 tickets each for any of their employees wanting to go to the game.  That's when 15,000 tickets still were available.  The pictures show the dead space and this goes back to the last few years including the Georgia game that wasn't sold out.

There is no reason not to move all of the games to the home stadium on campus. It seems the only logical question is should the university buy out the remainder of the contract or not.

I'm family with one and they have no idea what you're  talking about.

It may have been a certain group of employees, but it certainly wasn't all central Arkansas employees

HogFanOSU

Quote from: Hawg414 on October 02, 2016, 03:56:52 am
it's a state owned facility.  not city owned.  and it is ran by the War Memorial Stadium Commission, which is comprised of people from all across the state.

Much better use of the land would be to tear the stadium down, allow the zoo to expand and build into a world class facility that can draw a million or two visitors every year from all over the country/world, and transform the dump we have now.  LR ranks near the bottom of AZA accredited zoos.

hobhog

Quote from: hoglady on October 02, 2016, 08:29:05 am

Expense has nothing to do with it. People just don't want to be inconvenienced. Students and lazy boy crowd just don't get out much anymore due to TV. Happens everywhere in every sport now. We couldn't give away our extra tickets....

longpig

Tejas State sold out two weeks ago in NWA and 72k+ showed up.
Don't be scared, be smart.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 01, 2016, 10:34:31 pm
Then what's amiss in LR? 

Ranked 8# nationally in violent crime...maybe?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

longpig

Quote from: HogFanOSU on October 02, 2016, 10:47:55 am
Much better use of the land would be to tear the stadium down, allow the zoo to expand and build into a world class facility that can draw a million or two visitors every year from all over the country/world, and transform the dump we have now.  LR ranks near the bottom of AZA accredited zoos.

Animal prison popularity is also declining.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 02, 2016, 06:57:54 am
IDGAS one way or another, but RRS wouldn't have had double the attendance WMS. That's just making stuff up to get a rise out of someone.

NWA attendees could have traveled to support the team. I know, it's just Alcorn State. No reason to drive 3 hours.

Nope wasn't trying to get a rise out of anyone. Getting 60k isn't that difficult.

More importantly it is about home games need to be on campus. Too many disadvantages playing in LR.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

longpig

Quote from: tusksincolorado on October 02, 2016, 11:18:33 am
Ranked 8# nationally in violent crime...maybe?

Yep, and what's bad for the city is good for home sales in the burbs.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Hawg414 on October 02, 2016, 02:40:34 am
very perceptive.  thats what NWA refuses to acknowledge.  they are quick to say "we" sell out DWRRS but "yall" cant fill WMS.  either unaware or completely oblivious to the fact that the reason DWRRS sells out is bc so many fans from central arkansas travel to each game... whereas the entire group of NWA fans that travel to a LR game can probably fit in a single honda.

Are you joking....on a windy day, and the breeze is blowing from the SE, you can smell that "special WMS aroma" here in Colorado.

Not to mention, LR has turned into a cesspool.

The NewEra

Quote from: Augustus on October 02, 2016, 10:22:58 am
I'm family with one and they have no idea what you're  talking about.

It may have been a certain group of employees, but it certainly wasn't all central Arkansas employees

You're wrong....

Augustus

Quote from: The NewEra on October 02, 2016, 11:40:25 am
You're wrong....

I'm sure I'm not. Unless you can provide proof of this?

JoeyCapital

Final blow? Lol, the gsd is done. There isn't a gsd anymore. When the only real argument for one side is "but we've always had games in LR" then there isn't a debate anymore.

Btw, I'm a central ark guy. We shouldn't play in wms anymore, ever. If they could renovate the stadium and ensure that the university doesn't lose a dime of potential revenue then having one game a year may make sense. As it is now its just laughable.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

hobhog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on October 02, 2016, 11:33:16 am
Are you joking....on a windy day, and the breeze is blowing from the SE, you can smell that "special WMS aroma" here in Colorado.

What a @&$/$&@......

HawgnCorona

Denver is a CESSPOOL too so dont try to throw shade on LR...Although I think all home games in Fayetteville. Time for change but not for the reason u mentioned.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

DeltaBoy

Sad it was not a sell out. But the crowd looked good on TV.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: HawgnCorona on October 02, 2016, 01:26:54 pm
Denver is a CESSPOOL too so dont try to throw shade on LR...Although I think all home games in Fayetteville. Time for change but not for the reason u mentioned.

That's because you are stuck living there....and the latest national surveys, (quality of living, safety, health care, education, employment, salary potential, cost of living, and the housing market) proves you are talking out your @....you just need to admit that you should move yourself and your family out of that part of the country.

RME

Just because you can smoke dope in your state now, doesn't mean everyone should.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: hobhog on October 02, 2016, 12:55:57 pm
What a @&$/$&@......

I agree with you that is exactly what the "aroma" smells like....

tusksincolorado

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 02, 2016, 02:00:33 pm
Just because you can smoke dope in your state now, doesn't mean everyone should.

WOW....didn't see that one coming....btw the DEA and CBI raided a farm this past week in the Pueblo area. They confiscated 22 tons of pot.....ALL supposedly with a destiny to ARKANSAS.

That's A WHOLE BUNCH OF POT!

Maybe it can be sold there and the proceeds could improve WMS.

Sed76

I used to strongly opposed to moving the game out of LR but after yesterday I've finally accepted reality. Got to our seats about 30 minutes before kickoff and there were already several drunks all around cursing and just being obnoxious. Took advantage of the empty seats and moved to the other side of the stadium and didn't have any problems at all plus had room to stretch out. We left with about 6 minutes left in the game to beat some traffic and noticed several groups on the golf course in their tents watching the game on TV. Seriously, tickets were readily available but wold rather sit out on the golf course and drink than be inside the stadium cheering on the team. And when they take that last game away those will be the people complaining the most.

RME

Quote from: tusksincolorado on October 02, 2016, 02:04:39 pm
WOW....didn't see that one coming....btw the DEA and CBI raided a farm this past week in the Pueblo area. They confiscated 22 tons of pot.....ALL supposedly with a destiny to ARKANSAS.

That's A WHOLE BUNCH OF POT!

Maybe it can be sold there and the proceeds could improve WMS.

Sell it here after it's been confiscated? Is that how that works?

Can they ship it here via Southwest Airlines?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Sed76 on October 02, 2016, 02:06:59 pm
I used to strongly opposed to moving the game out of LR but after yesterday I've finally accepted reality. Got to our seats about 30 minutes before kickoff and there were already several drunks all around cursing and just being obnoxious. Took advantage of the empty seats and moved to the other side of the stadium and didn't have any problems at all plus had room to stretch out. We left with about 6 minutes left in the game to beat some traffic and noticed several groups on the golf course in their tents watching the game on TV. Seriously, tickets were readily available but wold rather sit out on the golf course and drink than be inside the stadium cheering on the team. And when they take that last game away those will be the people complaining the most.

And it use to be such fun to go to LR games!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 02, 2016, 02:07:37 pm
Sell it here after it's been confiscated? Is that how that works?

Can they ship it here via Southwest Airlines?

Not that crop....be you never know with the DEA...you may get lucky an they will burn it in Arkansas....

And the SWA thing....I heard you could carry on anything if you get a pre-board TSA ticket.

hobhog

Quote from: Sed76 on October 02, 2016, 02:06:59 pm

You could definitely tell who as going to the game and who were just looking for a place to hang out, grill and party.

Sed76

Quote from: tusksincolorado on October 02, 2016, 02:09:06 pm
And it use to be such fun to go to LR games!

It did, just the last few years that it's become nothing but a white trash drunken party. What used to be a fun experience has turned into a nightmare for the ones who just want to watch the game. I'm not opposed to having a beer or two but every year I'm seeing more and more people who can barely stand using it as an excuse to get wasted. I go to at least one game a year in Fayetteville and have never had that problem.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: tusksincolorado on October 02, 2016, 01:58:14 pm
That's because you are stuck living there....and the latest national surveys, (quality of living, safety, health care, education, employment, salary potential, cost of living, and the housing market) proves you are talking out your @....you just need to admit that you should move yourself and your family out of that part of the country.

Wrong. Im from there...And u have no idea what you're talking about. I live in So Cal 40+ yrs. I was in there last yr and drove thru that neighborhood didnt see what you speak of... Denver still has the same problem. Been there...So just stop already.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 01, 2016, 10:35:18 pm
Except DWRRS is full and WMS is not.

That is because folks from Little Rock and South Arkansas are not boycotting games like the folks in NWA do for the Little Rock games.
Retired Radio Host

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on October 02, 2016, 03:03:36 pm
That is because folks from Little Rock and South Arkansas are not boycotting games like the folks in NWA do for the Little Rock games.

"Boycotting"? ....first I've heard of this.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

HawgnCorona

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 02, 2016, 03:07:21 pm
"Boycotting"? ....first I've heard of this.

Maybe he meant they dont drive down to LR for the game(for whatever reason)...Folks from other parts of the state must travel to Fayetteville.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on October 02, 2016, 03:03:36 pm
That is because folks from Little Rock and South Arkansas are not boycotting games like the folks in NWA do for the Little Rock games.
boycotting?  Just trying to make sure there is enough room for all the hog fans down there that bitch about not wanting to drive to NWA.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HawgnCorona on October 02, 2016, 03:20:37 pm
Maybe he meant they dont drive down to LR for the game(for whatever reason)...Folks from other parts of the state must travel to Fayetteville.

I know.  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

tusksincolorado

Quote from: HawgnCorona on October 02, 2016, 02:40:34 pm
Wrong. Im from there...And u have no idea what you're talking about. I live in So Cal 40+ yrs. I was in there last yr and drove thru that neighborhood didnt see what you speak of... Denver still has the same problem. Been there...So just stop already.

So why is there such a mass exodus of Californians to Colorado....I lived in Simi Valley for 2 years I know why they are leaving. And yes ALL Major cities have "areas", but "The Front Range" is apparently doing something right to be so highly regarded by so many different publications.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 02, 2016, 11:21:22 am
Nope wasn't trying to get a rise out of anyone. Getting 60k isn't that difficult.

More importantly it is about home games need to be on campus. Too many disadvantages playing in LR.

There was more than 30k at WMS on Saturday.

The bold statement is why you are misrepresenting numbers of attendees. It supports your belief. Just speak your belief and move on instead of bellyaching.
This is my non-signature signature.