Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TONIGHT'S OFFICIATING

Started by javajockey, December 20, 2008, 10:42:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

javajockey

I complain when it is bad, I should also mention when it is good.  Tonight's officials called a very good game.  you hardly knew they were there which is the way it should be.  ;D

Tonight's officiating also magnifies just how piss poor the officiating was last Wednesday night.  Those block heads should look at film of tonight's game to see how a game should be called.   

HogMavFan

I agree. I didn't notice any significant bad call tonight. But after the Austin Peay game, anything would look good.

HOGSWEAT

I agree too... I only saw one missed call all night

Beaverfever

Yeah it was pretty good overrall.  I think that might have called sanchez for a block once when it looked like a charge but they were pretty good.  A lot of refs will let guys rough each other up down low before a board but the refs did a good job of calling push offs and over the backs.

hogninja

I agree.  the only call I dissed was the Sanchez "block" charge call.  He had position, but oh well. great game hogs!
we played some D tonight. :razorback:

condohog

Did you notice the game went a lot quicker too??

TomasPistola

Other than a few missed Traveling calls down low, I think they did a pretty good job.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

jschulte

They let the guys play ball!! The way it should be...

Queen Hog

I agree with y'all 100%.  The officiating on Weds was horrendous.  It reminded me of a game against Alabama a few years ago.  Grrrrrrr.  Last night was a fun game to watch.  Does anyone have the names of the refs?  I wrote a letter about how bad the Ala refs were so now I need to write one about how good these refs were.  :razorback:
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

SteveInArk

December 21, 2008, 12:42:06 pm #9 Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 12:45:12 pm by SteveInArk
Absolutely true... noticed the game was reasonably physical, without "ticky" foul calls.  They definitely let the players play ball.  Agree that a few calls were missed (like a charge being called a block).  But, heck, that will always be the case and is expected.  Good overall game officiating.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

linze82

i bet sfa would beg to differ on how awesome the refs were
smite me bishes

SteveInArk

Quote from: linze82 on December 21, 2008, 12:59:50 pm
i bet sfa would beg to differ on how awesome the refs were

Kinda nice feeling!  Been a while.  8)
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Bosshog479

Quote from: javajockey on December 20, 2008, 10:42:21 pm
I complain when it is bad, I should also mention when it is good.  Tonight's officials called a very good game.  you hardly knew they were there which is the way it should be.  ;D

Tonight's officiating also magnifies just how piss poor the officiating was last Wednesday night.  Those block heads should look at film of tonight's game to see how a game should be called.

Every game is reveiwed by the SEC and their official coordinator. If there was a game that was officiated in such a bad way then the refs will be taken care of. To be an official for a SEC, or even a Gulf South type of league, you have to go to alot of camps and score very very high on the critiques from other officials before you can even get on in the league.

dougieritch

I thought the same thing...officials did an excellent job last night.

I can't say the same about the idiots that officiated the Austin Peay Game!

SteveInArk

Quote from: Bosshog479 on December 21, 2008, 02:24:08 pm
Every game is reveiwed by the SEC and their official coordinator. If there was a game that was officiated in such a bad way then the refs will be taken care of. To be an official for a SEC, or even a Gulf South type of league, you have to go to alot of camps and score very very high on the critiques from other officials before you can even get on in the league.

naivete

javajockey

Been watching games in the Bud since it opened.  That being said...

Quote from: SteveInArk on December 21, 2008, 03:00:32 pm
naivete

What Steve said!

BigDave70

I liked it because they let them play ball, no ticky tac fouls
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant