Started by Coach Obvious, December 19, 2008, 09:21:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach Obvious

Stephen F Austin 93
Austin Peay 54

Thoughts?

chiefsfan

We're gonna have to play better then we did Wednesday Night to win tomorrow

SFA isnt as well known for their offense, kinda surprised they were able to score like that
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Oliver

Coach Obvious

Quote from: chiefsfan on December 19, 2008, 09:23:03 pm
We're gonna have to play better then we did Wednesday Night to win tomorrow

SFA isnt as well known for their offense, kinda surprised they were able to score like that

Yeah, I've heard their D is really good. I can see them holding Peay to 54, but dropping in 93 on them? Yikes...

jschulte

The Boar War

December 19, 2008, 09:40:01 pm #5 Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 09:45:40 pm by The Boar War
Wow.  I didn't see that one coming.  They lost to A&M and Louisiana Monroe and won narrowly against Drake and North Dakota.  I wonder if something was wrongwith Austin Peay?

alwaysondbigscreen

some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

yraciv

lost to ulm 60-58!  Yeah they are good, but I still see us pulling out the win.

kibster

I honestly think that the hogs win going away.  SFA will be tired and hogs will be rested enough to put them away early.

Of course, that is my two cents and I have not seen SFA play. 
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Coach Obvious

Maybe "the Peay" just had a bad night. It can happen.

Coach Obvious

SFA shot 67 percent from the floor. That's blistering.

They held Peay to 28 percent shooting. That's almost worse than throwing it over your shoulder with your eyes closed.

HogTuba

We're gonna need all the crowd we can get to beat these guys.
S-A-S-N-A-K--RA

JIHawg

Same refs?

I think I will record it and decide later whether to watch it.

Coach Obvious

Quote from: JIHawg on December 19, 2008, 09:55:46 pm
Same refs?

No, I think I saw those guys on the edge of town on a rail.

QuoteI think I will record it and decide later whether to watch it.

Well played.

Swine & Cheese Club

Totally different crew for this game tonight.  The crew Wed. night was: Bert Smith, Mike Stuart, Tim Clougherty

SFA point guard Eddie Williams shot 11-16 and had 25 points.  AP didn't get anything from anybody but Reed.

Should be a good game tomorrow night.  SFA played 14 people tonight but 7 logged less than 10 minutes.  Their two leading scorers played 33 and 34 minutes.  We should be able to win this one going away.

Ripsnort

how was the turn out  of fans?
Image exceeds signature guidelines.

ChicoHog

Quote from: RazorTusk14 on December 19, 2008, 09:52:23 pm
SFA shot 67 percent from the floor. That's blistering.

They held Peay to 28 percent shooting. That's almost worse than throwing it over your shoulder with your eyes closed.
You're not going to lose many games shooting 67%.

40MINSOFHELL

Pelphrey was in Jonesboro, guess he isnt worried about SFA :P

Swine & Cheese Club

BWA looked empty on the sports broadcast.

Speedracer

seriously??  it's college basketball, all the small teams get up to play the big teams.  Arkansas over SFA by 17.  come on, seriously.
Like smites bother me.

Coach Obvious

On a good note, SFA's win tonight takes them up to 54 in the RPI rankings. If we beat them, we should move up some.

Coach Obvious

Quote from: Hog Fan4 Life07 on December 19, 2008, 10:33:33 pm
BWA looked empty on the sports broadcast.

Yeah, it was empty. Just about the only people there not on the court were ones holding brooms.

jgphillips3

Uh...do you guys really think them beating the Pee-ers means we are in trouble?  I'm not taking SFA lightly, but I still think we win by at least 7.  We had only played one game in 14 days going into the Austin Peay game and a little rust is to be expected.  I think we will look very focused tomorrow and they will tire a little by the end of the game.  Arkansas 75 - SFA 68.

HawgnCorona

have some confidence ya'll...remember its our home floor, our fans ( just yell louder) and they are playing back to back.

No worries!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

chiefsfan

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on December 19, 2008, 10:32:47 pm
Pelphrey was in Jonesboro, guess he isnt worried about SFA :P

He was out looking at the kid from Jonesboro Westside

He knows the challenge we face tomorrow, and im sure he had several assistants at tonights game
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Speedracer on December 19, 2008, 10:33:39 pm
seriously??  it's college basketball, all the small teams get up to play the big teams.  Arkansas over SFA by 17.  come on, seriously.

I would be shocked if we beat SFA by more then 10 points

They are really good.   They could very easily hold us to 60 points.   loss to ULM aside

ballinhog

Quote from: chiefsfan on December 19, 2008, 11:23:45 pm
He was out looking at the kid from Jonesboro Westside

He knows the challenge we face tomorrow, and im sure he had several assistants at tonights game

Pelphrey was there in the 2nd half, didnt see him in the first. Also saw Rob Evans there. As far as players I saw Welsh, Washington, Britt, Moore, and Rotnei. There was one more but I couldnt tell who it was from a distance.

SFA looks pretty physical, they seemed to work the shot clock quite a bit. They have 1 real little dude that was fun to watch, no way he's over 5-4.

Overall they didnt look very athletic we should win but they may keep it close for a while especially if they slow the game down. #3 was on fire tonite watch for him tomorrow. Should be a good test for our post players.

Dwight_K_Shrute

In basketball those averages tend to even themselves out.  I'm glad that got that 67% shooting game out of their system.  This was basically an exhibition game or just like them playing pick up in their gym, no crowd at all.  You get even 12k rabid hog fans in there and it is totally different.  I hope a lot of fans turn out tomorrow night and raise hell.  That will make the difference in the game.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

RxRazorback

If the hogs can push the ball and control the tempo then I say we win by 10+. If not, we could be in trouble. It should be a good test for a young team.
W88 Pig S88ie!

razorbackfan4life

It happens in high school basketball... Even the good teams get upset occasionally.  Arkansas rolls' 90-75

Razorvet

I wish I could make this one but my brother pulls in to Chaffee in the evening and I am gonna pick him up and take him out to blow off some steam.

hogfooey

I would not predict this team to beat anybody "going away" right now.  I love the improvement so far.  It will probably be another nail biter.  Once again, free throws will be vital.
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

The Hogfather

Quote from: RazorTusk14 on December 19, 2008, 09:21:43 pm
Stephen F Austin 93
Austin Peay 54

Thoughts?

We tired the crap out of Peay.  They were really up for us, we wore them down and beat them, and they were out of gas/not as pumped up.

jry04

Quote from: Oliver Miller on December 19, 2008, 09:26:52 pm
We're franked.
Wouldn't expect any other comment from you.

Keep in mind they have a good shooting night and were fresher than Austin Peay. Their last game was Saturday while Peay played 2 nights before. Peay was playing bad. Also, they won't have 3 days of rest like us. We should win.

Niels Boar

We had better play some defense, which we didn't on Wednesday.

hawgrunner

blacksuit

SFA isn't that good.
AP isn't that bad.
We're better than both. Period.

hawgrunner

I still always pray for a win.

blacksuit

chiefsfan

I coulda told you coming into this tournament that Stephen F Austin would be our toughest competition

They are the toughest nonconference game on our schedule outside of Texas or OU

dr_arkansawyer

Woogie Boogie!  SFA shot 67%.  SFA routed Peay.  SFA eats raw hog hearts before their morning coffee.  Hogs'll get it done.
We need the iron qualities that go with true manhood. We need the positive virtues of resolution, of courage, of indomitable will, of power to do without shrinking the rough work that must always be done.

Theodore Roosevelt
1858-1919, Twenty-sixth President of the USA

hawgrunner

Quote from: dr_arkansawyer on December 20, 2008, 01:14:18 pm
Woogie Boogie!  SFA shot 67%.  SFA routed Peay.  SFA eats raw hog hearts before their morning coffee.  Hogs'll get it done.

:)

40MINSOFHELL

on another note, Duke is hammering Xavier lol

jharwell

This is what I am gonna do also
Quote from: JIHawg on December 19, 2008, 09:55:46 pm
Same refs?

I think I will record it and decide later whether to watch it.
- Jason

40MINSOFHELL

hmm seems texas might lose to michigan state, man we can beat texas