Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss G Chris Warren Out for Season

Started by Razorbadarse, December 19, 2008, 08:58:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbadarse

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-mississippi-warren&prov=ap&type=lgns

I hate to see any player get injured, especially one as talented as Warren. But this still bodes well for an Arkansas team that will not have to face the best player in the SEC west.

jry04

Ole Miss is going to be at the bottom of the SEC now. They already were not a very good team with the loss of Polyneice and Haskins. EP was their best defender. Now with Warren, arguably their best player out to add to those other two, they will be done. Huertas is good, but they don't have enough talent to pick up the slack for those. I think they will come in last. I honestly think we could sweep them now.

Boarcephus

Really hate to hear that because first of all I hate to see a player get hurt but, there's nothing like beating a team when it's full strength and they have no excuses. 

It could happen to us because if Fortson goes down so do our chances of a successful season.  To borrow from Reggie Jackson, he is truly the straw that stirs our drink. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

chiefsfan

Huertas will have to carry that team now.   he's averaging 20PPG. so he certainly can.   But now he has no help whatsoever
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hoggy1

give us the 2 against OM, the 2 against Auburn, split with LSU Bama and MSU and thats 7 SEC wins, very attainable at this point.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

dotnet

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on December 20, 2008, 12:40:03 am
give us the 2 against OM, the 2 against Auburn, split with LSU Bama and MSU and thats 7 SEC wins, very attainable at this point.

Yeah, the SEC season is starting to look better.  I don't think its out of the question for us to beat MSU twice either.  Kentucky is down and I think we have a decent shot of beating them at home.  Georgia isn't good.  Vanderbilt is as down as they have been in a long time.  We'll probably lose a divisional home game to someone at some point as well.

And while Alabama should beat us at Alabama, I find it a winable game.  Steele isn't nearly as good as he was before injuries.  Green, their stud freshman, is a beast... but him and Sanchez will foul each other out ten minutes into the game and they will have no one to guard Washington. 

I can legitimately think of a way we could win 11-12 games.  Yet at the same time it wouldn't shock me to lose to Vanderbilt, Kentucky, at MSU, at Bama, at OM, or even get upset at home by LSU or Bama.  I really think this is going to be one of the more exciting bball seasons we have had in a while.  Almost anything can happen on any given night.

Hoggy1

with the SEC being so down, would 10-6 guarantee us an NCAA bid?  maybe as a 10 seed?
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin